Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Step by Step How to Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance and Exchange into Bitcoins  (Read 269 times)
BitcoinReseller (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:46:08 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 08:16:58 PM by BitcoinReseller

Hello everyone,

I notice some people still don't know how to claim their bitcoin cash which are created by the fork and what to do with them.

I will explain here step by step how to claim your bitcoin cash doubled balance and how to exchange them into bitcoins.

this is what i did for my balance, so i will explain here how this happens.

i will use empty wallet as example in my explanation.

First Step : Check How Much Bitcoin Cash You Have

Visit this page (Blockchair) :

http://1ink.cc/B0Ok

Write your wallet address to see how much bitcoin cash available on it.

click on search, you will see 2 results. one for Bitcoin and other for Bitcoin Cash.

from Bitcoin Cash results, click on Bitcoin Cash Address to see details about your wallet.
You will see in this page :
Total unspent (balance)    AAAAA BCC

in my example :
Total unspent (balance)    0.03981931 BCC*

Second Step : Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance

You will need any bitcoin cash wallet, i used Electron wallet to get my balance. but you can use any other wallet for bitcoin cash.

You can download Electron cash wallet from here :
http://1ink.cc/ByCz

Open wallet app, it will ask you to create new bitcoin cash wallet :
- Where to save it
- Set password

You can keep all as default, and click next.

You will see your new wallet is empty, with empty history.
You can see History, Send, Receive
in my example there are some transactions are already done before i write this topic.

To import your bitcoin cash wallet address and transfer funds into your wallet app, you will need Private Key for your bitcoin cash wallet which is same to bitcoin wallet private key.

If you don't have private keys for your bitcoin wallet, you should contact your wallet service provider for how to get private key for it.

Now, after getting private key for your bitcoin wallet, which is same to bitcoin cash, you have to sweep it into your Electron wallet.

Click on Wallet > Private Keys > Sweep

Write private key for your wallet, and click on Sweep.

If your wallet has many inputs, it may takes some seconds to 1 minute till it complete balance transfer.
Elecrton app transfer 100 inputs max per sweep.
if your wallet has more than 100 inputs (as like 400 inputs) you will need to sweep it (same private key) 3 or 4 times to transfer all fund on it.
You will need to wait for payment transaction confirmation for each sweep.

After sweeping wallet, you will get confirmation message with amount that is credited to your wallet app.
Click on Broadcast to confirm it.

New confirmation with transaction id will appear, press ok.

Now you can see new payment is received to your bitcoin cash wallet

wait until it gets one confirmation at least to be able to send it into Bittrex site if you want to exchange it into Bitcoins.

Last Step : Exchange Bitcoin Cash (BCC) into Bitcoin (BTC)

I used bittrex.com to sell my bitcoin cash and exchange with bitcoins.

you can create account on bittrex from here :
http://1ink.cc/FRKZ

Signup, confirm account and click on Wallets to see your balances and make Bitcoin Cash Deposit on Bittrex site.

Copy deposit address for your Bitcoin Cash.

Important : Make sure you are making Bitcoin Cash (BCC) deposit, not classic bitcoin. else your deposit will be lost.

Open Electron wallet again (after payment get confirmed) and send new bitcoin cash payment into bittrex.

Wait for your deposit to get confirmed on Bittrex.

You can see when it will be confirmed from Pending Deposits panel on Wallets page (at bittrex).
then need 20 confirmations at this time. you can see how much confirmations your deposit gets in this menu (pending deposits).

After your deposit is confirmed and credited into your Available Bitcoin Cash on bittrex. you are able to sell them into bitcoins now.

To sell your Bitcoin Cash with bitcoins click on Bittrex logo to visit markets page.
pick BTC-BCC market to start your exchange.

from this panel : Sell Bitcoin Cash
write the amount you want to sell, you can click on Max to sell all your bitcoin cash balance.
Price, enter the amount you agree to sell with, if you want to get buyers immediately change price from menu and set to Last.
and click on Sell Bitcoin Cash.
make sure that minimum is 0.005 btc.

once your exchange is complete, you will be able to withdraw your bitcoins again into your bitcoin wallet.
to do this, click on Wallets > Bitcoins > [-]

white your Bitcoin wallet address to withdraw your exchanged fund and get the profits from your bitcoin cash.
there is 0.001 btc withdraw fee from bittrex for transaction confirmation.

hope this was helpful, if you get any problem please post your question here and i will reply it when i have time.

Good luck everyone, enjoy your extra bitcoin rewards  Cheesy

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:53:00 AM

This looks pretty good for newbies, unfortunately i dont have any BCC Sad . It would be nice to see something like this as well for Fork that will happen 25th(hopefully i will have some BTC till then)
BitcoinReseller (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:38:18 PM

This looks pretty good for newbies, unfortunately i dont have any BCC Sad . It would be nice to see something like this as well for Fork that will happen 25th(hopefully i will have some BTC till then)

thank you, hope i can get some donations

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
chiwalfrm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:30:27 PM

warning: wallet link is a scam malware.  It stole this poor man's bitcoins: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/76uugp/my_first_scam_82_btc/

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:27:06 AM

This information would have been the best one if it had come out like 2 months ago because I read everything and I must say, its very explanatory. The one that is in need now is concerning Bitcoin Gold which I personally is waiting for. Also, as a note of warning for those who might want to just claim their BCH, its better to download those software from their individual official sites in other to avoid the story of getting infected or compromise software by clicking on the link provided by Op.
Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:35:05 AM

thank you for the time you spent on making this, very helpful!
jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:35:17 AM

This post given everyone step by step instructions on how they got their Bitcoin Cash. It is very detailed and useful. Thanks for your necessary sharing.
arnux

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:37:20 AM

Good guide but you've linked to a malicious wallet which is stealing peoples bitcoin. Yoou might want to post the full links as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: