Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone point me in the right direction?  (Read 454 times)
Sinikal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:26:45 AM

Hey all, new to the forums here  Cheesy

Im looking at getting into mining for fun and to make some side cash. I've been lurking around the forums for a little while now and I'm wondering what you guys would suggest...

1. Not really wanting to do GPU mining due to the next jump in difficulty + power consumption. (Texas heat is gonna kill my electric trying to keep my cards cool)
2. Interested in ASCI mining, but not sure where to find what I need to do it. BFL doesnt seem like a good option, especially the delay in shipping for the Jalapeno. My next option would be a DIY Klondike build? I havent read much on it so if anyone has any experience with the Klondike please inform!
3. I've been looking at USB mining but not sure where to find a good link to purchase (since ebay apparently hates bitcoin stuff). Does anyone have a good tutorial in getting started with USB's? Also thoughts on USB mining once the difficulty jumps? I like that its low power, low heat, good space saver, but how well does it work?

Any sort of direction / advice / links would be great.

Thanks!  Wink

Juneteenth

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:33:45 AM

check your messages
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:36:41 AM

These are the only options at the moment:

1. Buy shares of various miners at bitfunder or btct
2. Get into DYI completed board purchase plan

Anything else is a losing proposal.
Kaepora

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:47:23 AM

Hey all, new to the forums here  Cheesy

Im looking at getting into mining for fun and to make some side cash. I've been lurking around the forums for a little while now and I'm wondering what you guys would suggest...

1. Not really wanting to do GPU mining due to the next jump in difficulty + power consumption. (Texas heat is gonna kill my electric trying to keep my cards cool)
2. Interested in ASCI mining, but not sure where to find what I need to do it. BFL doesnt seem like a good option, especially the delay in shipping for the Jalapeno. My next option would be a DIY Klondike build? I havent read much on it so if anyone has any experience with the Klondike please inform!
3. I've been looking at USB mining but not sure where to find a good link to purchase (since ebay apparently hates bitcoin stuff). Does anyone have a good tutorial in getting started with USB's? Also thoughts on USB mining once the difficulty jumps? I like that its low power, low heat, good space saver, but how well does it work?

Any sort of direction / advice / links would be great.

Thanks!  Wink

Small time mining operations in Bitcoin are basically a no go soon. Would you consider an altcoin like LTC?
jrblevin

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:15:25 AM

Here are two recent threads from the Mining board that you might find useful:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204322.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220411.0
Sinikal (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:33:25 AM

Small time mining operations in Bitcoin are basically a no go soon. Would you consider an altcoin like LTC?

Yea id be willing to mine altcoins, Im not really sure how to read charts though on which to mine which days. Or should i just stick with Lightcoin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: