Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:45:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where does Bitcoin go from here?
Above $10,000 - 2 (33.3%)
$6,000 to $8,000 - 4 (66.7%)
Jamie Dimon is correct, you’ll pay the price for buying - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-16] Tell us what you think: Where does bitcoin go from here?  (Read 297 times)
Eric Cartman (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:48:02 AM

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon might still think those buying bitcoin are "stupid," but that didn't stop the cryptocurrency from trading at records above $5,800 last week.

Optimism around bitcoin drove its market capitalization above that of Goldman Sachs on Friday, with some market insiders forecasting that figure to reach at least $1 trillion in the next eight years. (The market cap is currently about $93.55 billion, according to industry outlet Coindesk.)

Still, the virtual currency remains subject to wild price swings, and attempts by government regulators to crackdown on the cryptocurrency have unsettled investors. Just last month, the price of bitcoin fell around 13 percent following news that one of China's largest bitcoin exchanges said it would be stopping operations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/tell-us-what-you-think-where-does-bitcoin-go-from-here.html

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CurrencyMaster

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:54:58 AM

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon might still think those buying bitcoin are "stupid," but that didn't stop the cryptocurrency from trading at records above $5,800 last week.

Optimism around bitcoin drove its market capitalization above that of Goldman Sachs on Friday, with some market insiders forecasting that figure to reach at least $1 trillion in the next eight years. (The market cap is currently about $93.55 billion, according to industry outlet Coindesk.)

Still, the virtual currency remains subject to wild price swings, and attempts by government regulators to crackdown on the cryptocurrency have unsettled investors. Just last month, the price of bitcoin fell around 13 percent following news that one of China's largest bitcoin exchanges said it would be stopping operations.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/16/tell-us-what-you-think-where-does-bitcoin-go-from-here.html

as far i observed bitcoin falls double its price but run up triple to quadraple and that too 2017 have been the most dramatic year for bitcoins.. since its journey those who are missing out on these coins definitely will pay a price later for not being an early adopter and is happening already.

jamie is uncertain and scared that banking system will have tough times if people continue bitcoin adoption is what i feel.

█ █   TIPPER   |   THE SOCIAL ECONOMY   █ █
█████████     ICO LIVE NOW     █████████
━━━━━   WWW.TIPPERECONOMY.IO   ━━━━━
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:41:46 AM

A 7000$ is much possible before the end of this year. Jamie Dimon, how can we trust a man who even lie about not giving anymore comments about bitcoin but there he goes again. He can’t make a good decision on anything when regards to his mind conditions might has been in depression stage.

I’ve been in that stage and accepting reality is the only solution he must done but it would be hardly be an easy thing as pressures from bankers investors is not as easy as that.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:05:56 PM

How long do we plan to talk about Diamon and his opinion? It's just rediculous already!
I think all two variants are possible, as 6000-8000$ as 10000$. But the first target is going to be 6000$ normally. I expect to see this sum next week already and that is not going to be the maximum of this year.  Smiley
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:24:39 PM

How long do we plan to talk about Diamon and his opinion? It's just rediculous already!
I think all two variants are possible, as 6000-8000$ as 10000$. But the first target is going to be 6000$ normally. I expect to see this sum next week already and that is not going to be the maximum of this year.  Smiley

Let's target first $6000. Been the psychological barrier for now. But once we break this price and can be sustained. Then $7000-$10000 is possible this year. We have couple of months till the end of the year. Anything can happened. Maybe we can go as high $10000 or more. Sky is the limit baby...

Let's not talk about Jamie Dimon. He's irrelevant and his opinion didn't matter. He is the stupid but not knowing how the market works and not the bitcoin investors. I really admire the guy though for really riding the popularity of bitcoin.
Franky00

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:41:41 PM

I agree with you, this year we are unlikely to see a price above 6000 dollars. Most likely, after the price reaches this mark, it will fall sharply. But on New Year's holidays, bitcoin can again give us a holiday

Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:36:48 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/tell-us-what-you-think-where-does-bitcoin-go-from-here.html

I still think it is all about timing. If you know when to hold and let go or buy and sell your Bitcoins, you will surely profit from it. Like for instance last week, the value is at its peak for quite the longest time. You cannot say a business move is stupid or not. It is all part of gambling on the pretext that the money invested will grow. That is what they call business judgment which is entirely personal and subjective. You cannot debate on that especially when these people use their own money. 
Bank4YOU_Group

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:24:36 PM

Cryptocoinnews has another predictions))) https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/investor-predicts-bitcoin-price-to-hit-27k-in-four-months/
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:28:23 PM

I agree with you, this year we are unlikely to see a price above 6000 dollars. Most likely, after the price reaches this mark, it will fall sharply. But on New Year's holidays, bitcoin can again give us a holiday

Currently we are less than 10% away from demolishing the $6000 level, and yet you think it's unlikely to happen this year? Roll Eyes It's clear that you don't actually know what you're talking about. It's quite annoying that each time people say after reaching this or that level, the price will fall or correct, but fail to explain why they think that will happen. Speculation by nature is already an empty form of guessing, but when no explanation is given, then it's far below empty guessing (i.e. nonsense).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: