Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] 1 BTC (Perhaps More Later)  (Read 642 times)
cryptopi (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:47:32 AM

I am aware that I can buy BTC via a bitinstant transfer to mtgox, but I would really rather not do that if possible because I am abhorred at the quantity of information I have to provide for Mt. Gox account verification (license, address, name, signature, etc.) which is theoretically enough for identify theft (if their servers got hacked). Call me paranoid, but I would like to avoid providing all of that personal information if possible.
However, I would still very much like to buy one or more BTC. I am willing to pay the Mt. Gox price and I would really prefer paying it with paypal (I know paypal is not preferred because of chargebacks, but I could send the money as a gift, which I could not rescind). I know you have no reason to trust me, but I am NOT a scammer in any way and I would be more than happy to use escrow (john.k, etc.) in order to dissuade any perception of malicious intent (I have none).
For starters, I would like to purchase a single BTC and if that goes well I would like to purchase more at a steady volume across time.

I would be open to any suggestions so you know I can be trusted and am not a scammer (or any suggestions at all, period).
I know I am only a jr. member, but all I want to do is buy some BTC and would be gracious if you could help me.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
cryptopi

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:16:20 AM

Please note that buying BTC through PayPal is such a risk in itself that escrow is not really a type of security here.
cryptopi (OP)

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:24:18 AM

Please note that buying BTC through PayPal is such a risk in itself that escrow is not really a type of security here.

Oh Sad. Since I can buy a Moneypak at Walmart for less than a $5 fee, would any type of escrow be available for that (sorry for my ignorance on the subject)? I see moneypaks offered at a much higher frequency than paypal for BTC payment so perhaps they are the preferred method of payment for them (only guessing here)?

KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:15:51 AM

Buying BTC with a moneypak is recommended as it is accepted by many sellers here. Obviously you will probably have to eat the $4-$5 fee but sellers here will sell you BTC for moneypak (face value). Just make sure to use an escrow, because once the moneypak funds have been added to an account, they cannot be reversed. Many people are scammed this way.

mrkent

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 06:30:39 AM

According to the wiki, MoneyPaks are charge-backable. Anyone have experience with this?

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
bitminerforyou

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:30:54 AM

I have 0.98 btc I'm trying to sell. I take moneypak and we can do escrow if you pay the fee?
cryptopi (OP)

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:59:43 PM

I have 0.98 btc I'm trying to sell. I take moneypak and we can do escrow if you pay the fee?

As soon as I can get to a Walmart that could work, I am also pursuing another avenue of obtaining them and if that works out then I will not have to buy them via this forum

bitminerforyou

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:00:44 PM

Okay just let me know what you figure out. You don't have to buy moneypaks at just Walmart either, Walgreens, Cvs, Rite Aid, Radio Shack, Kmart, and 7 Eleven also carry them and some other gas stations carry them also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: