Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peercoin Logo Design Contest Fundraising (Completed!)  (Read 4649 times)
Sentinelrv (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:49:31 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 07:56:47 AM by Sentinelrv

Fundraising is completed!
---------------------------
For those who haven't been following the logo design thread at ppcointalk.org, we've decided to finish off the logo design process by holding a contest on 99designs.com. For those who don't know about 99designs, you basically offer a cash reward and a whole bunch of designers will make you what you want.

The logo design we've been able to come up with over the last month is amazing, but not finalized. The professional designers on this website will be able to take the current design and drastically improve it to a finished form that we can then use for marketing purposes. What we're shooting for is to have these designers provide us plenty of variations in the current design for us to choose from. We can then use the poll feature on the website to vote for the best design. We'll need to verify that Sunny King (Peercoin's Developer) is ok with the design though before we can move on.

Once this logo is out of the way, we can overhaul the website and finally market peercoin to the masses with confidence. In order to do this though, we'll need to raise $300, which is the cost of the gold package. I've setup a donation page on GoFundMe.com to accomplish this, which is linked below. In order to get this fundraising meter filled as quickly as possible so we can start the contest, I'll need your help in promoting the donation page around the internet. Here are some things that you can do to help.

Donation Page:
http://www.gofundme.com/ppcoinlogodesignfund

Different Ways you can Help us Promote:
- Keep this thread bumped for maximum exposure. (Please no spamming though)
- Ask anyone you know that owns ppc if they could donate some.
- Tell people about it on the BTC-E.com chat box. (Plenty of people in there.)
- Post it on ppc related Facebook pages.
- Post about it on ppc related YouTube videos. Just search and leave comments.
- Tell people that finishing the logo and website could help raise ppc's value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:29:13 AM

Ok, finally finished linking everything from all three sites. Get at it!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:37:46 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 04:48:43 AM by Transisto

Submission :

What's wrong with the current logo ?

Many keep saying the name isn't important, I wonder how important they think a better logo is.

I would donate to the cause if it wasn't for the hassle of moving fiat around.
I can't believe we can't have a logo done within the crypto economy.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:03:57 AM

Submission :

What's wrong with the current logo ?

On the donation page I listed the logo as it has evolved over the last month. The PP symbol on the last couple versions of the coin should stay the same in my opinion. That symbol is great. It's just that everything around that symbol needs to be designed better. It doesn't even have to be drastically different from what we have now. Maybe one of the designers can just improve what we currently have.

I myself wanted to take the last two versions of the coin (the ones that aren't face down shots) and combine them with the version above with the text that says Peer to Peer, only with updated colors and a better shine to it. The problem is we haven't had enough designers to work with over the past couple weeks to finalize our current designs. I figure this way we'd have a bunch of people with better skills than us try to finish what we started.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:01:01 AM

I found out the post I made on the ppc subreddit got caught in the spam filter for some reason. I noticed it would show up in the list of topics when I was signed in, but when I logged out it vanished, so I was really the only one able to see it. I contacted the mods on the page, so hopefully they can fix it.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:27:38 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 08:50:32 PM by Sentinelrv

Once this logo is out of the way, we can overhaul the website and finally market peercoin to the masses with confidence. In order to do this though, we'll need to raise $800, which is the cost of the gold package. I've setup a donation page on GoFundMe.com to accomplish this, which is linked below.

Registered few weeks ago and already asking for $800. It won't work unless you bring SunnyKing, FuzzyBear or some other known PPC person
here and make them setup donation page.

I thought that might be a problem, but nobody else seemed to be stepping up. I guess I can say a couple things about that to inspire some confidence. I've been helping out in the ppc thread with the logo ever since I registered, but any con man could do that I guess. The biggest thing I can tell you is that several people here know me. I've posted over at RonPaulForums.com since 2008 and I helped do the large money bomb promotion threads for the 2012 campaign, including the Black This Out Money Bomb on October 19th (Look at my avatar) Support Them Now, Tea Party 11 and No One But Paul. Here is my profile over there...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?13051-Sentinelrv

The moderator here hazek can vouch for me. He knows me over there. I'll see if I can get him to post here.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:30:08 AM

The OP is a long time member of the Ron Paul forums where we, him and I, once discussed and organized together a very important topic in a thread concerning communication, adoption of beliefs and persuasion with the goal of teaching that forum's members what matters when they try to "convert" someone to their political viewpoints. I can't vouch for him because I don't know him good enough but this at least gives you a sense of where he is coming from i.e. he is a Ron Paul liberty oriented person who likely lives strongly by some very strict principles concerning honesty and integrity. Take this for what it's worth.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:18:57 PM

The OP is a long time member of the Ron Paul forums where we, him and I, once discussed and organized together a very important topic in a thread concerning communication, adoption of beliefs and persuasion with the goal of teaching that forum's members what matters when they try to "convert" someone to their political viewpoints. I can't vouch for him because I don't know him good enough but this at least gives you a sense of where he is coming from i.e. he is a Ron Paul liberty oriented person who likely lives strongly by some very strict principles concerning honesty and integrity. Take this for what it's worth.

Thank you hazek.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:31:30 PM

Several people have asked me if we can set something up to donate to the design fund in btc or ppc and I think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure how we would we go about doing it. 99designs doesn't accept cryptocoins, so whatever was donated would have to be converted into cash in the end.

The reason I set up the donation page I did was because it would be faster and easier to pay for the contest as well as the fact that we get a donation meter so everyone knows how much has been raised so far. If we accepted cryptocoins, how would people know how much was already donated if there was no meter? I myself wouldn't donate if it was impossible to know if we had or hadn't reached our target goal yet, because there would be a greater chance of someone being able to pocket the money.

Is there any way to do this so everyone can keep track of it? I must confess that I'm not an expert in cryptocoins, especially when it comes to understanding the blockchain. If there is a way to do it, I think somebody else other than me should handle it, somebody that everybody already knows and trusts.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:22:46 PM

EDIT: For those concerned about my trustworthiness, Bitcointalk moderator hazek made a post below (#9) about some of our past history together, if that makes anyone feel better about donating.
---------------------------
For those who haven't been following the logo design thread at ppcointalk.org, we've decided to finish off the logo design process by holding a contest on 99designs.com. For those who don't know about 99designs, you basically offer a cash reward and a whole bunch of designers will make you what you want.

The designs we've been able to come up with so far are amazing, but not finalized. The professional designers on this website will either be able to make us something completely different or they can take what's already been created and drastically improve it to a finished form that we can then use for marketing purposes. We're going to be shooting for the gold package, which will give us the maximum amount of submissions from the best designers. We can then utilize their poll feature to judge which design is the most popular.

Once this logo is out of the way, we can overhaul the website and finally market peercoin to the masses with confidence. In order to do this though, we'll need to raise $800, which is the cost of the gold package. I've setup a donation page on GoFundMe.com to accomplish this, which is linked below. In order to get this fundraising meter filled as quickly as possible so we can start the contest, I'll need your help in promoting the donation page around the internet. Here are some things that you can do to help.

Donation Page:
http://www.gofundme.com/ppcoinlogodesignfund

Different Ways you can Help us Promote:
- Keep this thread bumped for maximum exposure. (Please no spamming though)
- Ask anyone you know that owns ppc if they could donate some.
- Tell people about it on the BTC-E.com chat box. (Plenty of people in there.)
- Post it on ppc related Facebook pages.
- Post about it on ppc related YouTube videos. Just search and leave comments.
- Tell people that finishing the logo and website could help raise ppc's value.

I think a PPC 'reboot' is a great idea. The coin is smart, lightweight and brilliant in many ways. It's honestly very strange that its not many times more popular then it is. Also fundamentally undervalued right now.
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:23:46 PM

After reading the related post, donation page etc. I think it would be smarter to run a $100 design contest and instead run a 'donation' and call to action here on the forum. I am willing to start a project around manufacturing physical 'casacsius' style,coins for PPC for example. Then the money raised could be used to market etc. the coin.

$800 just seems greedy. It's a logo, not a complete design package. $800 is expensive beyond sense.

Disclosure: I hold 'north' of 20k PPC

Edit: I for one really think the last 2 evolutions from the donation page are really nice.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:36:05 AM

$800 just seems greedy. It's a logo, not a complete design package. $800 is expensive beyond sense.

Edit: I for one really think the last 2 evolutions from the donation page are really nice.

Yeah, I'm starting to think maybe we should lower the money target to reach for the bronze package instead. I thought $800 would be no big deal if it was to get the best look possible, but I guess I was wrong. Now that I'm rethinking it though, the bronze package sounds more like what we need.

As you said yourself, the last couple designs are looking pretty good. They just need to be finalized. Maybe $800 would make a little more sense if we were starting the logo from scratch, but we're not. What we really need are some more and better quality variations of the current design to choose from, just to finish off what we started. That can probably be achieved for $299, plus it will be a lot easier to raise. What do you think?
lazydna

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:43:54 AM

i like this one in my avatar i jacked from someone.
it's so simple and appealing.

TheSwede75

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:15:04 PM

Yeah, I'm starting to think maybe we should lower the money target to reach for the bronze package instead. I thought $800 would be no big deal if it was to get the best look possible, but I guess I was wrong. Now that I'm rethinking it though, the bronze package sounds more like what we need.

As you said yourself, the last couple designs are looking pretty good. They just need to be finalized. Maybe $800 would make a little more sense if we were starting the logo from scratch, but we're not. What we really need are some more and better quality variations of the current design to choose from, just to finish off what we started. That can probably be achieved for $299, plus it will be a lot easier to raise. What do you think?

Agreed. $299 or even $199 would be far easier to raise. In conjunction I would prob set up a donation address for marketplace, gambling site adoption and see if there is developers willing to incorporate logo and refresh the website.

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:17:36 PM

Pay for my food and shopping. That's right do your own work kk
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:13:53 PM

Pay for my food and shopping. That's right do your own work kk

Roll Eyes I already have a job, thanks. Maybe you should have read the note about trust in the first post before opening your mouth and assuming things about other people.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:14:07 PM

Alright, after getting the ok from several others as well as some people who have already donated, I've officially changed the goal from $800 to $300. I also altered the text in the first post and the donation page to reflect the new focus.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6134

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:30:06 PM

It would be cool if you could add the designs without the leaf, like the green one:

I like the design with the leaf too, but we should not limit the options to it. Perhaps it's too "elaborated" for a simple coin symbol.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:35:33 PM

It would be cool if you could add the designs without the leaf, like the green one:

I like the design with the leaf too, but we should not limit the options to it. Perhaps it's too "elaborated" for a simple coin symbol.

Ok, I added the one you posted and the all gold one too.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6134

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:08:31 AM

Thanks! Yes, the gold one is also good.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e