Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Hacked - Help  (Read 260 times)
MunichGhetto (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:58:30 PM

So my legendary account "tokyoghetto" was hacked over the weekend. No email verification sent. Other than sending a signed msg from a BTC address I no longer use, is there an other way to get my account back?

If not is there a way for the admins to block/delete my old account. there was a lot of sensitive information in my private msgs and the account was being used to perform a blockchain swap.

thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:09:24 PM

So my legendary account "tokyoghetto" was hacked over the weekend. No email verification sent. Other than sending a signed msg from a BTC address I no longer use, is there an other way to get my account back?

If not is there a way for the admins to block/delete my old account. there was a lot of sensitive information in my private msgs and the account was being used to perform a blockchain swap.

thank you

Read the sticky in Meta.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
MunichGhetto (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:42:58 PM

thank you

Read the sticky in Meta.

I did read the sticky. My only problem is that they require a signed msg from a btc address that is associated with the account. If this is a requirement, why don't they make it a necessary step in registration.

I control altcoin address associated with my hacked account but not a btc account.   
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:59:27 PM

thank you

Read the sticky in Meta.

I did read the sticky. My only problem is that they require a signed msg from a btc address that is associated with the account. If this is a requirement, why don't they make it a necessary step in registration.

I control altcoin address associated with my hacked account but not a btc account.   

What alt. how old and is it staked in an unedited post?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
MunichGhetto (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:16:23 PM

thank you

Read the sticky in Meta.

I started a Hobonickel Journal back in January 2014. This is the thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406112.msg4400543#msg4400543 this post contains the HBN address.

I used this address F279k6BLzn9YPh2ARx35jo2HPLJL2S8cHr which I still use to stake HBN to this day.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:30:28 PM

thank you

Read the sticky in Meta.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406112.msg4400543#msg4400543 this post contains the HBN address.

I used this address F279k6BLzn9YPh2ARx35jo2HPLJL2S8cHr which I still use to stake HBN to this day.

If you can sign a message with that, use the format here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 and send to Cyrus.

Albert Einstein
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:06:20 AM

thank you

Read the sticky in Meta.

If you can sign a message with that, use the format here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 and send to Cyrus.

Thank you so much! I sent Cyrus a signed HBN msg and he restored my account within seconds. I have since updated my account with a stronger password.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: