Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are "Stakes" in Bounty Campaigns?  (Read 785 times)
WaqarAhmedPK (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:48:04 PM

Can you please guide me what is the term "stake"?

Bounty campaigns are using this word/term and reward the bounty participants with stakes.

I would really appreciate if anybody here could guide me. Why don't they reward the participants in crypto currency or their own token? Why use this term and not simple points?

Thanks
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:11:00 PM

Bounty campaigns are using this word/term and reward the bounty participants with stakes.

I would really appreciate if anybody here could guide me. Why don't they reward the participants in crypto currency or their own token? Why use this term and not simple points?

Thanks
Stakes are some kind of coin, if their project runs POS, instead of calling a coin a "coin", you call them "stakes" see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

because they are self-rewarding,
"a share or interest in a business, situation, or system.
"GM acquired a 50 per cent stake in Saab""

If you own a stake, you own a part of the mining process.

A stake behaves exactly like the way a normal coin would do, but you get interested on it, because of the mining your "stake" does.

WaqarAhmedPK (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:00:37 PM

Thanks
Stakes are some kind of coin, if their project runs POS, instead of calling a coin a "coin", you call them "stakes" see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

A stake behaves exactly like the way a normal coin would do, but you get interested on it, because of the mining your "stake" does.

Oh, so that is same as in "Proof of Stake". If participants have more stakes, they would definitely be able to do more data mining. But now another follow-up question is, does the specific coin, say WaqarCoin running bounty campaign, provide stake for the mining of WaqarCoin only? Or does it provide those stakes for mining some other cryptocurrency?
Secondly, is the stake usually equal to the amount of coins which can be mined by node?
Thirdly, it seems like that bounty campaigns are not directly rewarding the participants by giving them coins, rather they are providing them stakes which can be used to do more mining and thus earning more. Is that correct?
Lastly, if the above third point is correct, how do ICOs pay for allocating the stakes to the participants? Usually ICOs reserve 2% or something for the bounties, but how do the ICOs pay for the cost of stakes? If they simply pay in their tokens/coins, it would make complete sense to me. But how does that work with stakes?
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:10:44 PM

Thanks

Oh, so that is same as in "Proof of Stake". If participants have more stakes, they would definitely be able to do more data mining. But now another follow-up question is, does the specific coin, say WaqarCoin running bounty campaign, provide stake for the mining of WaqarCoin only? Or does it provide those stakes for mining some other cryptocurrency?
Secondly, is the stake usually equal to the amount of coins which can be mined by node?
Thirdly, it seems like that bounty campaigns are not directly rewarding the participants by giving them coins, rather they are providing them stakes which can be used to do more mining and thus earning more. Is that correct?
Lastly, if the above third point is correct, how do ICOs pay for allocating the stakes to the participants? Usually ICOs reserve 2% or something for the bounties, but how do the ICOs pay for the cost of stakes? If they simply pay in their tokens/coins, it would make complete sense to me. But how does that work with stakes?

Stakes are a means of measurement. let's say Company A is releasing token B and there are 8 people in their bounty campaign, they have allocated 1million tokens for this.
lets say person 1 has 1300 stakes, person 2 has 500 stakes and the rest of the people combined have 4000 stakes.

Then the total would be 5800 stakes

(1 million / 5800)*amount of stakes you have. in case of person 2 that will be : 1 million/5800*500 = 82,6k of token B.

A campgain will only reward you with the tokens of the company they promote or they should specify otherwise.

The comment above is talking about POS which is also a system of stake. Stake would be best defined as a share you hold.
example: ''JP Morgan discredits Bitcoin because they have a stake in taking it down.''
''I don't like to see my investments going down cause I have a direct stake in them and would lose money.''
''I have staked my coins and now can't acces the funds but I by having this share I get rewarded with more of the same coins (POS).''

So POS = Proof of Stake and it means that you submit an amount of coins that become inaccesible untill you cancel the staking to receive more of the same coin and also help that same coin being able to run the network of transactions.

Sorry but you should completely ignore the comment of the other person that replied as he isn't accurately explaining it to you and only making you more confused probably.

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:22:41 PM

Thanks

It's for the "WaqarCoin" only yes. Unless the developer rewards their participants in some other POS currency..

"By node" you mean something like a masternode? I think that depends on what the thought process of the developer is, i don't think that has to be the case.

https://pivxmasternode.org/what-is-a-masternode/ < Here for example, they just made up the % relations.

Yes, but these "Stakes" are also coins. You don't need to necessarily stake with them, you can also spend them. - Ofcourse long-term, it would be smarter to stake them, but they really behave the same as coins do in POW, in terms of sending, as far as i know.

Exactly the same as you'd do with a POW coin as a developer. You simply premine a part of the coins, aka stakes, and give them out. People then can decide for themselves if they want to stake them, or not.

A bit more information about the mining process with a POS coin, https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/20037/59743

WaqarAhmedPK (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:35:18 PM

Thanks

Stakes are a means of measurement. let's say Company A is releasing token B and there are 8 people in their bounty campaign, they have allocated 1million tokens for this.
lets say person 1 has 1300 stakes, person 2 has 500 stakes and the rest of the people combined have 4000 stakes.

(1 million / 5800)*amount of stakes you have. in case of person 2 that will be : 1 million/5800*500 = 82,6k of token B.

A campgain will only reward you with the tokens of the company they promote or they should specify otherwise.

The comment above is talking about POS which is also a system of stake. Stake would be best defined as a share you hold.
example: ''JP Morgan discredits Bitcoin because they have a stake in taking it down.''
''I don't like to see my investments going down cause I have a direct stake in them and would lose money.''
''I have staked my coins and now can't acces the funds but I by having this share I get rewarded with more of the same coins (POS).''

So POS = Proof of Stake and it means that you submit an amount of coins that become inaccesible untill you cancel the staking to receive more of the same coin and also help that same coin being able to run the network of transactions.

Sorry but you should completely ignore the comment of the other person that replied as he isn't accurately explaining it to you and only making you more confused probably.

Got it. So basically it can be used as an alternative term to coin or points too. I understand it now on the intuitive basis. I basically wanted to get into more details i.e. the confusing part.

Thanks

It's for the "WaqarCoin" only yes. Unless the developer rewards their participants in some other POS currency..

"By node" you mean something like a masternode? I think that depends on what the thought process of the developer is, i don't think that has to be the case.

https://pivxmasternode.org/what-is-a-masternode/ < Here for example, they just made up the % relations.

Yes, but these "Stakes" are also coins. You don't need to necessarily stake with them, you can also spend them. - Ofcourse long-term, it would be smarter to stake them, but they really behave the same as coins do in POW, in terms of sending, as far as i know.

Exactly the same as you'd do with a POW coin as a developer. You simply premine a part of the coins, aka stakes, and give them out. People then can decide for themselves if they want to stake them, or not.

A bit more information about the mining process with a POS coin, https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/20037/59743

That makes perfect sense now. Now I quite understand the technicalities of it.
This is basically a lot to take in and a lot of new terminologies. Though I have heard of these before and have discussed a bit. But to understand and process it in this context, I will study a few more cases
I will research more on it and will go through the details of POW and POS too. I'm thankful to you guys for clearing my understanding Smiley
traged

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:38:36 PM

That makes sense, thanks! So in general - the less people are participating in a bounty, the more coins will everybody get, am I right? Because 1 stake will simply mean more coins at the end...hope I understand it correctly!
WaqarAhmedPK (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:17:39 PM

That makes sense, thanks! So in general - the less people are participating in a bounty, the more coins will everybody get, am I right? Because 1 stake will simply mean more coins at the end...hope I understand it correctly!

Yes, you got it right.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:27:40 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 03:41:50 PM by cryptopussies

Bounty stakes would be your reward after the campaign is ended mostly bounties ends when ICO has finished.Stakes are your total shares from the bounty campaign which you participated and it can be computed by getting the difference of the total token supply and the allocated token for the campaigns multiplied to your total stakes which means the fewer the bountt participants the bigger number of tokens you will have.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Kuchiyosenojutsu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:30:56 PM

The stake is the income you earn during the campaign. a presentation count to determine your results. for example 1 week for jr.member get 3 stake. it is a calculation you get for 1 week 3 stake. if the campaign lasts for 1 month, so 3 stake x 4week = 12 stake you get. then calculated from the total stake of all participants x total campaign fund allocation. well there you will get a coin
IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:36:22 PM

Thanks

You have same thought with me. I've been active on this forum since three month a go, and still unclear about what "STAKE" in bounty campaign is. But i just googled it, and found the answer. You can check the details explanation about your question on this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2073641.0

iiottelbm

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:51:59 PM

Yes, you got it right.
Absolutely right
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:56:31 PM

In the bounty campaign, you can find the tokens allocated for signature/facebook/twiter and etc. Look under the one you are interested in. For example, if you are interested in signature campaign and for example it says 100,000 tokens allocated for signature campaign. The 100,000 tokens will be distributed among the participants in signature campaign
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:02:29 PM

These are ordinary shares, that is, after the bounty of the company, people receive some amount of these shares, for which the reward for participating in the bounty program is then shared. You just need to try to understand.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:02:51 PM

Thanks
Stake is the proportion of ICO / token coins that headhunters can earn. After the ICO, when generosity is distributed, each bet is converted into a fixed number of coins (for example, 1 bet = 20 coins).
Mihan

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:05:41 PM

Thanks
The stake is a share, at the end of the company they count how many shares you have and you get your percentage of the total pool of subscription bounties
kuruyama

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:05:52 PM

In the bounty campaign, signature campaigns, stake means you have a part of coins provided by the ICO after the campaign. It means that when you have a stake for example 3 stakes per week, then the campaign is for a month so therefore 3stakes x 4weeks , you get 12 stakes, and it depends on the ICO how much will it be. Depends on the allocation of the ICO and how many you are in the campaign.
mel_smog

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:07:34 AM

Thanks

Thats super helpful! The only real explanation out there- no idea why projects do not explain it properly

Thanks a lot
Dmcuibap

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:10:23 AM

Stakes is % token will allocation for you base on amount Stakes you have. 100 Stakes user will get reward double than 50 Stakes user. More Stakes more reward. Dont worry about it
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:02:57 AM

stakes are like shares to the total reward of coins. its like this total reward of coins divide to the total stake of all participants times to your total stakes. then you will get your total reward.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: