Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:21:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new listing on Bittrex, extrem Buyorder  (Read 363 times)
Dennoo (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

-

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:03:19 PM

Hi Fellas,

i was always curious but never asked why there is always a buyorder of 1 BTC for any altcoin that gets  newly listed on Bittrex.
And this continues f.e. with orders of 0.7, 0.5 btc per coin even if the coin is already listed on different exchanges and traded for 1k sats.

whats the benefit of it, why would people throw out so much money?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:08:15 PM

my guess would be to try and cause a pump, and then when it gets to a certain value then that person dumps, make a quick buck. The guys doing that are also most likely the guys that have 1000s of bitcoin that they can just throw 1 at the new coin and hope for a hit.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Dennoo (OP)

-

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:13:12 PM

my guess would be to try and cause a pump, and then when it gets to a certain value then that person dumps, make a quick buck. The guys doing that are also most likely the guys that have 1000s of bitcoin that they can just throw 1 at the new coin and hope for a hit.

hi mate, not sure if this could be the reason because none of these coins pumped after this. also its not like someone is buying 1:1 for the coin,
today on salt listing: 0.06xxx salt for 1 BTC.
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:37:10 PM

Hm, seems weird. My first instinct is that they're trying to manipulate the market, but if it's on every coin and there's never any change that doesn't seem like it. Maybe they list the opposite order right before to make sure they get it, to manipulate the liquidity and make the coin seem more attractive?

blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 09:04:33 PM

As i now Bittrex only list coins with have a company in back =? or am i wrong ?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dennoo (OP)

-

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:33:35 PM

As i now Bittrex only list coins with have a company in back =? or am i wrong ?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

dont think that this has something todo with the fact that someone sets a buyorder on every coin for 1 btc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: