Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many ICO's on average people invest in ?  (Read 714 times)
duremarrr (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:38:00 PM

Just curious how many ICO's people here have in their portfolio.
And how much money on average invested in a single one.
Rabi3

Activity: 1204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:44:33 PM

I have 10 different ICO in my portfolio, 7 of them are from bounties and airdrops and the other icos are from investment.

Iolanna

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:16:48 PM

I invested in 3 ICOs already, 2 of them were successful (VIB, MTH) and another one dropped below the price of ICO.
Jenna_G

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:06:50 PM

I just start my investing history, i try to know everything I can abt interesting projects, so i take me a lot of time and forces
So I invest right now in one project (200$), and waiting for another one in November
duremarrr (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:40:32 PM

Thanks for responding guys, funny how very few people would like to share that.
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:45:58 PM

I invested in 3 ICOs already, 2 of them were successful (VIB, MTH) and another one dropped below the price of ICO.

I wouldn't exactly call Monetha a success, post ICO price is 1/2.

Just invest in ones you feel confident about, doesn't have to be a defined number. Important point is not to spread yourself too thin. If your only investing $50 in an ICO you may not do as much research or think "It's only $50". If your investing in $500 you'd do alot more research and spend time in that community getting a feel for what the product is about. Ultimately the $500 vs $50 is going to win out if you do decent research.

CherryICO

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:56:24 PM

Currently, 2, but I keep analyzing the ICO market, there're lots of scams, need more research work
TheRealCypher22

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:20:02 AM

I've not had much look with investing in ICOs.

First I invested in rarricoin but that crashed and i'm still driving around in my old banger.

Then I invested in mooncoin and that flopped.

Then I invested in Firstblood because I like rambo and that too flopped.

Finally I invested in hackergold because I thought "if hackers are involved its bound to moon!" but I was wrong.

So far i've lost a lot of money but I think I can get it all back in the next get rich quick scheme: I'm going all in on PUNDI X.  I've read there Whitepaper and it shares a lot of the same traits as the other ICOs i've invested in.  I know they were a flop but I think they just hit the market too soon.  PUNDI X will make me $1m from my $10 investment easily.

much love
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:46:49 AM

Zero

because "average people" don't know about ICOs and even if they know about it, they will stay away because they know it is illegal in many countries and also it is highly risky.

people who invest in these ICOs are only people who are familiar with bitcoin and have an investment in it. mostly traders and those who are desperately looking for a profit and also have a gambling mentality. you would be surprised to see how many are like this.

sadly this leads to a lot of crap ICOs being created every day and it leads to good projects being overlooked and being buried under the loads and loads of ICO.

Buying the dip...
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:55:15 AM

I mainly have ICO coins from airdrops and a few from bounties, but very little from buying. I tend to buy only to supplement the bounties and airdrops I get for coins that I like and think have a good future.
With ICOs you need to be careful not to get carried away with the hype.

inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:40:27 AM

I invested on about 3 ICOs already the INS, Playkey, Eth, and all of them are successful all you have to do is give your time  to them and follow their given instructions so that you will be rewarded fairly after the bounty campaign, on average I think there are many ICOs people invest in, my guess or opinion is about 20 ICO per person that is only my hypothesis, some courageous person tend to have more ICOs to invest with.
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:44:45 AM

I don’t invest in ICO ... they seem too risky for me.  There are a fair amount of ICOs that either tank on the open market or the developer simply makes off with the money.  I wait for the price discovery, and some signs of stability, on the open market before deciding if it’s worth it. 

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:49:18 PM

I try not to risk right now (although I took part in Bounty programs of certain ICOs), but my buddy, also the user of this forum often risks, and even managed to earn enough money to invest again into alts.
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:11:00 PM

There is no such data available. Its all anonymous Smiley

Tone147

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:25:03 AM

It might seem even more dangerous if you have enough money to invest in many ICO projects separately so you can get the most out of your profit instead of getting rewarded through a single ICO project,

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:31:48 AM

Some would prefer to have 5 or even 10 ICO's in their portfolios but imo I find it easy to keep track of less than 5 ICO's progress, investing in too much becomes a higher risk and I believe it's best to keep risk at a minimum level.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:35:17 AM

I think I invest around in 1 or 2 ICO each month or maybe every two month. But right now it's too risky I think...it's better to keep your ethereum in your ledger nano S in my opinion Ethereum will be very very hard at the end of the year. So it is better to keep it and also less risky cuz Ethereum cant go very low

cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:36:29 AM

There are so many bounty programs available, airdrops also, users want to have as many of those to increase the amount tokens they have to invest late in ICOs or other Altcoins.
Participating in mutliple ICOs is a good idea to get tokens.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:39:18 AM

Some would prefer to have 5 or even 10 ICO's in their portfolios but imo I find it easy to keep track of less than 5 ICO's progress, investing in too much becomes a higher risk and I believe it's best to keep risk at a minimum level.

I don't think five or ten is hard to keep track of at all. An hour a day checking ANNs and social media, that's all. And it's the sensible way to do it. Many ICOs will fail. It pays to be well-diversified because you're looking for a whale investment. You're looking for a 100x or better. You don't want to be locked into one ICO that fails when you could have put 10% into one that actually succeeds and gains global market share. Diversification reduces risk.

Personally, I haven't invested in any ICOs. I've been paid ICO tokens for bounty work -- I usually hold those. Otherwise I prefer to wait and see how the exchange market reacts to listing.
tree1100hn

Activity: 229

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:42:32 AM

ICO is currently at a tremendous risk and individuals investing make prudent investment decisions. At present, 90% of the ICO break, we all pay attention to, in the case of major cryptocurrencies are rising, do more analysis, or loss is yourself. Responsible for themselves, it is recommended to participate less ICO. What do you think?
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:19:12 AM

There is no such data available. Its all anonymous Smiley
Exactly, I can hardly think of any person who can tell you the exact statistics in this regard. There is no one out of us who actually knows this things. According to my knowledge, the number of investors who are investing their capita in ICOs is not that much significant figure as compared to that of bitcoin but things are getting in favor of ICO with each passing day. You can hope for some positive results in near future.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:25:20 AM

Just curious how many ICO's people here have in their portfolio.
And how much money on average invested in a single one.

I actually don't have any altcoins that comes from ICO's because I afraid to get scammed since a lot of ICO are scam so better for me to wait and then invest later on. Be careful on investing with some ICO and hopefully you make good money on that.
cryptobullx

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:47:23 AM

I have 20+ ICO's on my portfolio. i have invested in all promising ICO's. I think investing ICO most profitable than trading.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:57:15 AM

I think there are 9 main crypto currencies, people invest in: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Monero, Factom, Counterparty, Lisk, ZCash, Ripple. All of them has own advantures and disadvantures. People choose the currency for their needs, and these 9 crypto currencies can boast better characteristics.
The above crypto currencies are suitable for investment.
MikeBaloon

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:03:24 PM

I invested in 5 of them 1k divided evenly.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:18:17 PM

I think people have probably from 1-5 investment's but not all of them make you profit, but some of them can really have a good grow, but it's really difficult to find ICO  with good potential, better to compare different ICO's or use websites which score each ICO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:55:03 PM

It is best to invest in just a few and not too many ICOs. To much ICO investment could lead to utter failure of your financial state if you invested everything. Only one, maybe two ICOs are enough to invest in if it is thoroughly considered taking in mind developers project ideas and future improvement. Not one ICO is safe so many people invest into more ICOs and are hoping for profit but in most cases of that format usually, most of the ICOs fail and people get cut off their possible profit. Invest in just a few and invest smartly!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:14:49 PM

Have $200.00 invested in ICO which I obtained a 30% bonus. I am hoping to resell it after it get on exchange then i reinvent my capital back to next good project.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: