Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You're all terrorists....  (Read 4267 times)
New_Frontier (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:46:29 AM

Ok, now that I've got your attention with an over dramatic sensationalized headline here is the real deal....

Soon the DHS will announce that anybody who owns, transfers, buys, trades, or settles debts with Bitcoins in the U.S. will be considered a person of interest in terrorist activities.   

That is exactly where I think we are going...Just give it time & with this new scandal literally breaking RIGHT now it further pushes the theory even closer to reality. With all the recent activities & Government involved shut downs of BTC & now this HUGE breaking news that websites like these including FB, Yahoo, Google, etc. are not only monitored but they have access to your accounts just makes it all worse...I can not believe the intrusiveness and abuse of power this U.S. Government has taken.  Soon well all have to be using TOR until that is outlawed... 

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/06/new-leak-feds-can-access-anything-in-your-google-facebook-and-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arstechnica%2Findex+%28Ars+Technica+-+All+content%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/29/nyregion/liberty-reserve-operators-accused-of-money-laundering.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://betabeat.com/2013/05/department-of-homeland-security-shuts-down-dwolla-payments-to-and-from-mt-gox/

The list goes on... Cry
Chet

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:03:58 AM

Bad Title
Should be We are all ....
I am sure just posting on this site is adequate.
The horses are out, don't bother locking the barn door.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:09:48 AM

The OP joined on the day BTC was selling at $266.
Is this another case of bought-too-high so its time to unleash some serious FUD-slinging? Wants to talk it back down to $5 so that he can average in at a good price.

New_Frontier (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:30:33 AM

The OP joined on the day BTC was selling at $266.
Is this another case of bought-too-high so its time to unleash some serious FUD-slinging? Wants to talk it back down to $5 so that he can average in at a good price.

Actually that's not the case at all I've been buying pretty consistently since around $75.00
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:14:29 AM

Soon the DHS will announce that anybody who owns, transfers, buys, trades, or settles debts with Bitcoins in the U.S. will be considered a person of interest in terrorist activities.
THE DHS  Huh
O M G
who cares!

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:31:35 AM

I thinks that only applies if you're social life depends on the use of those company's products. That's why I switched to Duck Duck Go for web search. Lavabit for email. And now only use VPN for internet browsing. The only thing that I'm exposed with would be facebook but I don't even have any personal info on there besides my name and birthday. Though FB always tires to get me to include more info "about myself".
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:31:08 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 06:49:17 AM by TippingPoint

I will try Duck Duck Go.

aceking

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:46:00 AM

don't fool yourself liberty reserve was a shady company used mostly by criminals , but this has nothing to do with bitcoin.
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:16:31 AM

I am not a terrorist.  Your topic is lame, even if it is a joke.

On that same note, I hope the Bitcoin community is trying or attempting to do its due diligence concerning people who would harm others indiscriminately.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 08:14:50 AM

We are not terrorists.

We are pirates riding outside the "civilized" system.

The DHS can't do anything more about Bitcoin than they could about BitTorrent.

gollum

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:44:58 AM

DHS & co are the real terrorists!
When will american people wake up and defend their freedom and constitution?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:28:17 AM

DHS & co are the real terrorists!
When will american people wake up and defend their freedom and constitution?

Know who else was always talking about how his people should wake up and defend their freedom?

areebmajeed

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:04:33 AM

BTW good title!
bezzeb

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:11:56 AM

Ok, now that I've got your attention with an over dramatic sensationalized headline here is the real deal....

The list goes on... Cry

I find the context for your post to be a tad banal because one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.  This makes it a hopelessly polarizing way of thinking about the struggles that surround us, only serving to box your mind into a restricted set of outcomes thus missing the root cause solutions that would actually bring positive change.

We should not propagate the idea that Terrorists even exist.  People do bad things for many reasons, and they are all criminals if proven guilty, plain and simple.  We have laws and punishments for this.  WTF - what's the big fuss?

The "T" word allows powers to further justify the extra-judicial CRAP they are pushing to bypass the rule of law, and I would argue that the fear-warmongering propaganda they spew on the nightly news counts as terrorism if one must use the stupid word.  World powers all LOVE terrorism because the sheeple who buy the BS willingly hand over their rights and fund the false flag fight.  It's because we participate in the "T" word diversion that the attack on our rights is even possible.

Don't buy it, do your own math, and keep your mind free.  And when people throw the "T" word around, politely correct them.
    After all, Smiley small acts do add up.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:24:30 AM

The list goes on... Cry

I find the context for your post to be a tad banal because one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.  This makes it a hopelessly polarizing way of thinking about the struggles that surround us, only serving to box your mind into a restricted set of outcomes thus missing the root cause solutions that would actually bring positive change.

We should not propagate the idea that Terrorists even exist.  People do bad things for many reasons, and they are all criminals if proven guilty, plain and simple.  We have laws and punishments for this.  WTF - what's the big fuss?...

Exactly.
I was watching a documentary on the Medieval period, and the public were constantly being watched over by teams who worked for the bishops. They were looking out for heretics, anyone who publicly disagreed with some aspect of theology. Heretics were arrested and slowly killed. The professor compared the scare about heretics with the fears about modern day terrorists! That is the mindset everyone is in. Any terrorists found should just be charged with whatever criminal laws they have broken and that is the end of it. A 'war on terror', is just plain stupid, just like a Medieval war against heretics.

tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:14:17 PM

I think USA will be reminded by other countries that they cant simply spy everybody around. This wont be simply adopted by rest of the world. And only one thing they can achieve by this spying is even more enemies. Especially when you consider that not only regular people was spied but also officials from every country in the world.

Svennisen

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:20:44 PM

So first they plan on how to tax btc, then they will consider the persons owning it as terrorist suspects.. naaah.

Got help from me? Feel free to tip me Smiley   BTC: 13hrdpUSJWhe2n4g4kTSHEx4GYUF9v5CU3
UncleBobs

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 01:37:42 PM

I will try Duck Duck Go.

Unfortunately it's based in Amerika.  Try https://startpage.com/eng/aboutstartpage/

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
UncleBobs

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 01:49:17 PM

We should not propagate the idea that Terrorists even exist.  People do bad things for many reasons, and they are all criminals if proven guilty, plain and simple.  We have laws and punishments for this.  WTF - what's the big fuss?...
That is the mindset everyone is in.

Not everyone Wink   The time is fast approaching when a significant proportion of the population recognize that the "laws", the definitions of "criminal, heretic, and terrorists" are being concocted and enforced by authorities which are MORALLY ILLEGITIMATE.

At that point, people stop caring about what "laws" they are breaking, and instead look to their own moral compasses, and after much chaos, the cycle turns again.

As Lao Tzu said:

When the Tao is forgotten,
Kindness and morality arise.
When wisdom and intelligence are born,
The great pretense begins.
When there is no peace within the family,
Filial piety and devotion arise.
When the country is confused and in chaos,
Loyal ministers appear.

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:49:06 PM

Sheesh. My crystal ball says something different than your crystal ball. I suppose we must simply agree to disagree.

Why are logic and reality so hard to consider for so many here?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: