Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:40:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You're all terrorists....  (Read 4285 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:50:06 PM

Whose reality?  Wink
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 02:50:19 PM

I've literally belly bumped with a DHS fatass in a riot.
They know who I am. If they busted down this door and carted me off to gitmo or a fema camp, an eyelash I would not bat.
I'm pretty sure I am on the no fly list, and I'm just a nonviolent penniless hipster homebum.
PBJTIME.GIF

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
yocko06

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:59:02 PM

I think you need to hurt someone to be a terrorist don't you? stupid title!
I know for people1 i am the most remote thing from a terrorist you can get and i have been in bitcoin for a long time now.
Bitcoin is about helping the people of the world not hurting them. It's has no boarders, religion, government, or organisation. Yes there are people who will use bitcoin for the wrong thing but we are people, there will always be people who will abuse.
Bitcoin will not be stopped now, the idea is out and governments who don't like it know it won't be stopped. the only way they can deal with it from here is regulate the exchanges and make them agents of the law.

Love me or hate for saying this but it is a good thing for bitcoin.  It will get the word using it and excepting it.
nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:03:32 PM

Whose reality?  Wink

Nice question. We might as well make this thread entertaining Cheesy

I select the real reality.
greyhawk

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:04:54 PM

Bitcoin will not be stopped now, the idea is out and governments who don't like it know it won't be stopped.

Let's assume for a second here a government let's say the US would want to stop bitcoin.

What makes you think Bitcoin doesn't die a horrible death as soon as the heads and mouths of bitcoin get invited to a free vacation in Guantanamo for supporting terrorists? Think Ver, Versennes, Andresen, Karpeles, etc. etc. You think Bitcoin keeps going on when the movers and shakers are removed? "But but others will take their place!" Yes, they will. On the waterboard.
greyhawk

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:06:09 PM

Well, philosophically people have been search for this "real" reality for thousands of years. Haven't found it yet.  Wink
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 03:06:42 PM

The U.S government can outlaw all they like, it doesn't mean they can enforce it, filesharing for instance has technically been illegal for years now yet it's still going strong, I suspect Bitcoin is going to be the same, all of this is just simply working in the favour of cryptocurrencies.
nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:10:56 PM

Well, philosophically people have been search for this "real" reality for thousands of years. Haven't found it yet.  Wink

Hmm right... Anyways, that's irrelevant. It's still the one I want to consider.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 03:15:03 PM

Whose reality?  Wink

got to say it,
I reject your reality and substitue my own Smiley

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
greyhawk

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:18:20 PM

Whose reality?  Wink

got to say it,
I reject your reality and substitue my own Smiley

Oh GOD! I'm MELTING! I'M MEEEELTING!
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:21:05 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 09:10:26 PM by aigeezer

I thinks that only applies if you're social life depends on the use of those company's products. That's why I switched to Duck Duck Go for web search. Lavabit for email. And now only use VPN for internet browsing. The only thing that I'm exposed with would be facebook but I don't even have any personal info on there besides my name and birthday. Though FB always tires to get me to include more info "about myself".

Thanks for that. I see DuckDuckGo uses a script, according to NoScript. Do you happen to know what that's about?

Edit: I'm looking at lavabit now also. Looks promising. You wouldn't believe how many "secure email" places I've used over the years, with terrible results such as the mad scramble to reroute mail when they went out of business. This one is clearly different. Open source - nice. This item in their "philosophy" page gives me pause though:  "Lavabit adamantly protects the privacy of its users. Lavabit will only release private information if legally compelled by the courts in accordance with the United States Constitution." I don't see how they can avoid that, and it's obviously much better than the "share everything by default" approach, but it still means that if the US authorities get overzealous (hard to believe, I know), then there is no privacy after all. Is this as good as it gets today - total privacy unless "the authorities" want your data? Ironically, it is a good thing such a rule was not in place when the Federalist Papers were published anonymously in 1787-8 or there might be no US Constitution. But I digress.       Smiley

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, and thanks again for the names. I'm just trying to do the due diligence thing. 

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:48:32 AM

Ok, now that I've got your attention with an over dramatic sensationalized headline here is the real deal....

Soon the DHS will announce that anybody who owns, transfers, buys, trades, or settles debts with Bitcoins in the U.S. will be considered a person of interest in terrorist activities.   

That is exactly where I think we are going...Just give it time & with this new scandal literally breaking RIGHT now it further pushes the theory even closer to reality. With all the recent activities & Government involved shut downs of BTC & now this HUGE breaking news that websites like these including FB, Yahoo, Google, etc. are not only monitored but they have access to your accounts just makes it all worse...I can not believe the intrusiveness and abuse of power this U.S. Government has taken.  Soon well all have to be using TOR until that is outlawed... 

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/06/new-leak-feds-can-access-anything-in-your-google-facebook-and-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arstechnica%2Findex+%28Ars+Technica+-+All+content%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/29/nyregion/liberty-reserve-operators-accused-of-money-laundering.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://betabeat.com/2013/05/department-of-homeland-security-shuts-down-dwolla-payments-to-and-from-mt-gox/

The list goes on... Cry

About PRISM, just dont tell me you were not suspecting such activities..
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:51:43 AM

I thinks that only applies if you're social life depends on the use of those company's products. That's why I switched to Duck Duck Go for web search. Lavabit for email. And now only use VPN for internet browsing. The only thing that I'm exposed with would be facebook but I don't even have any personal info on there besides my name and birthday. Though FB always tires to get me to include more info "about myself".

Duck Duck Go is a very good search engine, using it and a VPN should be concidered a must !
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:51:55 AM

Happy not to live in evil empire USA. All they care is establishing total control over whole world and total slavery for it's own citizens. I'm happy that USSR dissolved but there must be someone who effectively counters USA both military and ideologically. I call for Greater Iran to be that opposition who keeps balance. Russians are evil too, China even worse, India too divided to be called single nation.

As for Bitcoins the day we all become labeled terrorists does not be a different day to me. Don't care. Probably I'm already labeled suspicious for running Tor node.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:42:15 AM

US govt is just a lame joke now ... "... land of the free, home of the brave."

... complete with widespread surveillance, press intimidation, IRS bully-boys, militarised police forces, detention without charge,
suspension of
 - presumption of innocence
 - trial by jury
 - secret courts
 - due process
 - speedy trials.

Unenforced financial crimes by powerful, two systems of justice ... we all know how this ends just that no one wants "to go there" yet.

Wait I think I saw a terrorist sneaking up that alley, didn't you see him too? I mean really you fell for that old line? Wink

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 08:33:02 AM

That goverment shouldn't even be taken serious.
Why not buy an island make it a country of bitcoin, and we all move there  Grin

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:11:54 PM

That goverment shouldn't even be taken serious.
Why not buy an island make it a country of bitcoin, and we all move there  Grin
Because USA will invade your bitcoin island to bring democracy, peace and anal syphilis.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
bezzeb

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:45:14 PM

Duck Duck Go is a very good search engine, using it and a VPN should be concidered a must !

Duck to the duck to the go my nizzle.  Been using it for years, no internet bubbles here baby!  Quack!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 10:27:06 PM

"You're all terrorists...."

your mom's a terrorist...

BOOM

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:56:34 AM

If any1 needz me,
I will be facing Mecca, praising Allah... Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: