Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:23:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is bitcoin Gold ? How To Claim It ?  (Read 784 times)
therealfalcon (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:04:27 PM

just read the title want to have all info on it.

setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:55:13 PM

Bitcoin gold (which uses BTG as abbreviation ) is another crypto currency that will launch on November ( after bitcoin had fork . PS it's not x2 fork)
Read this article , it will clarify most things of BTG https://bitcointechtalk.com/bitcoin-gold-what-you-need-to-know-8b3e645be409
I'd like to add something : you will receive an amount of  BTG that equals to what you have in bitcoin .
This is the official website of the currency http://btcgpu.org
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:00:44 PM

setifien19 already posted a great link, which gives an excellent overview of what you need to understand and know for the upcoming forks.

One important thing is, that you need to have some BTC (ideally in a cold or desktop wallet) at the timepoint of the fork, which is scheduled for October 25, 2017. If you had a certain amount, you will be able to claim your BTG later on. The software to claim the altcoin will most likely be made available soon.

I hope, this has answered your questions. Good luck with the fork. Kind regards,
Halcyon D.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
therealfalcon (OP)

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:13:59 PM

setifien19 already posted a great link, which gives an excellent overview of what you need to understand and know for the upcoming forks.

One important thing is, that you need to have some BTC (ideally in a cold or desktop wallet) at the timepoint of the fork, which is scheduled for October 25, 2017. If you had a certain amount, you will be able to claim your BTG later on. The software to claim the altcoin will most likely be made available soon.

I hope, this has answered your questions. Good luck with the fork. Kind regards,
Halcyon D.

what if the btg developer steal my btc coins ?

tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:20:25 PM

If you want to get basic information about upcoming fork check cryptonews's analyse sector. Bitcoin gold will be given to bitcoin holders.If you wanna take both buying bitcoin is only thing you need.
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:25:02 PM

to get btc gold-you  have to hold your btc on blockchain wallet with your private key before fork for sure

Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:26:53 PM

Bitcoin Gold is the result of the hard fork, it will happend on 25 octomber. You must hold bitcoin in to a wallet and you will recive the same amounth in bitcoin gold
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:35:27 PM

Bitcoin gold is another Cryptocurrency that will launched on the 25th of October, this year. And it will be leveraging on the buoyancy and reputation of bitcoin. I got to know that you get an equivalent of btc gold when you have sane in your bitcoin wallet. Another important note is to check with your wallet holder if they will be supporting the Bitcoin fork.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:35:09 PM

Bitcoin gold is another Cryptocurrency that will launched on the 25th of October, this year. And it will be leveraging on the buoyancy and reputation of bitcoin. I got to know that you get an equivalent of btc gold when you have sane in your bitcoin wallet. Another important note is to check with your wallet holder if they will be supporting the Bitcoin fork.

BTC gold will have no support, no hashpower...
It's value will be extremely limited.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:54:29 PM

Bitcoin gold is the result of the hardfork of bitcoin this October 25th, so you are going to receive free bitcoin gold on your wallet, but only if you wallet accepts/supports bitcoingold.
Anyway, you will receive 1 btg per 1 btc that you have on the same time, just like it happened with bitcoin cash on the last fork of August 1nd, so probably you know how it was and how it will be.
try to hold your bitcoins on a safe wallet that you know that is going to give you bitcoingold.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:14:40 PM

Bitcoin gold is the result of hard fork that will occur on October 25th. To get the bitcoin gold you should just have bitcoin because it will be given to bitcoin holders later.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:40:55 PM

Bitcoin Gold is the result of the hard fork, it will happend on 25 octomber. You must hold bitcoin in to a wallet and you will recive the same amounth in bitcoin gold
Bitcoin gold (which uses BTG as abbreviation ) is another crypto currency that will launch on November ( after bitcoin had fork . PS it's not x2 fork)
Read this article , it will clarify most things of BTG https://bitcointechtalk.com/bitcoin-gold-what-you-need-to-know-8b3e645be409
I'd like to add something : you will receive an amount of  BTG that equals to what you have in bitcoin .
This is the official website of the currency http://btcgpu.org
I am a little bit confused now, cause of I also thought it is going to be tomorrow on 25th October. As I know even some exchangers will give Betcoin Gold, for example YoBit which I use informed me about it few days ago.
LyQaN

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:49:59 PM

It is a result of hard fork starting from 25 october ,its a new cryptocurrency which is technically updated version of btc with few enhancements,was got to some where  from some sources that 1 bitcoin gold will be equal to 1 btc and it will focus on original  decentralized nature of bitcoin

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
blkthought

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:52:39 PM

Bitcoin gold is the result of the hardfork of bitcoin this October 25th, so you are going to receive free bitcoin gold on your wallet, but only if you wallet accepts/supports bitcoingold.
Anyway, you will receive 1 btg per 1 btc that you have on the same time, just like it happened with bitcoin cash on the last fork of August 1nd, so probably you know how it was and how it will be.
try to hold your bitcoins on a safe wallet that you know that is going to give you bitcoingold.

Those are my exact same thoughts I have about BTG.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:18:18 PM

The problem with Bitcoin Gold is that this is completely different than Bitcoin with the different codebase entirely.
Bitcoin Gold has no replay protection, no rules about consensus, no valid code for testing purposes also you can validate its code at all not to mention we don't know who the developers of BTG are.
And now wait for the best part - Bitcoin Gold codebase also contains a private premine of 8,000 blocks (100,000 BTG). I'm waiting for developers to dump it all ASAP Smiley
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:26:55 PM

Bitcoin Gold is a cryptocurrency and a hard fork of bitcoin that will launch on October 25. To claim your bitcoin gold you should deposit or maintain a bitcoin balance in any exchanges so you can claim it for free.
unreal41

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:33:35 PM

it’s a not bitcoin it’s a just altcoin. Mineable with GPU and not like much diffrent than bitcoin cash.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:06:14 PM

The problem with Bitcoin Gold is that this is completely different than Bitcoin with the different codebase entirely.
Bitcoin Gold has no replay protection, no rules about consensus, no valid code for testing purposes also you can validate its code at all not to mention we don't know who the developers of BTG are.
And now wait for the best part - Bitcoin Gold codebase also contains a private premine of 8,000 blocks (100,000 BTG). I'm waiting for developers to dump it all ASAP Smiley

I can tell you the second I'm able to get rid of mine I will. This is even more useless than BCH, but at least I sold those for an extra 20% of my bitcoin! That was awesome! People are freaking out thinking that's going to happen again. It's not. Any exchanges swapping it around don't even have the code so it's all IOUs at this point. Just get rid of it when you can, which isn't right now.
Dexion

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:24:54 PM

yes, same with you, I've also heard the word bitcoin gold (BTG), but I have not really understood what it is BTG. all I know about BTG is just a coin whose value is much higher than ordinary bitcoin, but it is a product and is created from bitcoin. how to claim it I think it will be the same as claiming bitcoin in general, but it will be difficult.

trand

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 06:05:31 AM

You need to have bitcoin to the address which you are holding the private key before the block 491,407 is mined. After that, you will have bitcoin gold. Use the private key of the address which you store your bitcoin before block 491,407 and import it to the bitcoin gold wallet to receive bitcoin gold.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: