Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about ICOs?  (Read 548 times)
duber (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 08:15:24 PM

Just wondering, all! What are your thoughts on ICOs - winner, loser, both, neither?

There's some negativity towards ERC20 tokens right now, and that's understood considering all the drama with scam tokens. With this, ICOs involving companies with their own blockchains are becoming the investor focus. BUT, we're wondering, in the case of those few ERC20 tokens that ARE legit, what's the public sentiment?

Let us know!

Thanks!
-duber Partners
https://dubercoin.com/dbr-faqhttp://
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ladadadiweliketoparty

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:52:02 PM

Not worth the hassle. Maybe 6 months ago ICOs were worth the time but now it seems like more empty promises, fail to complete sales, and misleading token sale terms. All of this causes me to not have any confidence in

ICOs anymore

rearwheels

Activity: 444
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:06:51 PM

Well, I think due to these SEC restrictions and regulations from some countries will make ICOs more legit and scam projects will go away or transform into something new  Smiley
Anyway I will continue to read and find new promising ICOs.
Good luck to all in their crypto steps!
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:39:56 PM

ICO was, is and will be a good way to improve the crypto currency. Here, of course, there are big risks of fraud, but this market is voluntary. Only by attracting investors' funds, a team of professionals can create a token, a coin that can provide us with additional opportunities and conveniences in this life. After many governments have paid attention to the problem of big risks in this process, they will be largely eliminated. Necessity or unnecessaryness of the created tokens let the practice be checked, and people will be those judges who will decide whether the released token will be their support for further circulation or not.
jiapetz

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:50:58 PM

Pioneering and pushing the industry forward.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:58:39 PM

I did love to go into ICOs soon but very importantly is a good background study of the coin developers, their motives, prospects and reputation. I do hope later on before I go on board fully, that there will be a safety/security/policy checker just to screen out scam ICOs. This can help with people losing money and time to scammers. ICOs is really another aspect to look into if one wants to make good profits.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:31:13 PM

I followed 6 ico's during the last few months. For 5 of them, the price is now below the ico. (the last one is not yet listed on an exchange).
So a year ago, it was well worth to invest in ico's if there was a good team behind. Now it seems to be a big waste of money.
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:40:27 PM

There are legitimate ICOs.  You just have to find them.

Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:46:39 PM

I have always loved ico's, I just think that now those that are compliant with governments are the ones that survive. Now more than ever there needs to be more credibility (ie existing apps/software where it's just a simple integration, credible team, and application in the market).

I've been following a few, but one that stands out is unikoingold because of mark cuban and their esports betting platform that's been around since 2014.
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:52:34 PM

I actually prefer ERC20 token ICOs. Most of them tend to begin as ERC20 regardless, It's much easier for me to keep track of since I have a nano ledger.
ICOs have always been a good way to allocate funds for large projects, the only problem now is that there are tons of them and it can be a hassle to find the right one with the right credentials. I will admit though, when I see a project with no ICO and no premine it's VERY refreshing.
spreewel

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:12:42 PM

I think there were few good ICOs last two months ( before that I wasn't interested in ICO and didn't research anything) but as I see now there is a lot of value in most of them either flipping and long term. Personally I am in AIRToken, RedPulse, KIN, ICON and how to get in Ripio, too.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:24:08 PM

Just wondering, all! What are your thoughts on ICOs - winner, loser, both, neither?

There's some negativity towards ERC20 tokens right now, and that's understood considering all the drama with scam tokens. With this, ICOs involving companies with their own blockchains are becoming the investor focus. BUT, we're wondering, in the case of those few ERC20 tokens that ARE legit, what's the public sentiment?

Let us know!

Thanks!
-duber Partners
https://dubercoin.com/dbr-faqhttp://
That's normal if there will be some parties against the ico. But as you can see some of the project is really legit in my opinion just like eidoo you can try to visit the main thread and read all of the very interesting thing in my opinion regarding the business plan and this time eidoo wallet is working for well comparing with another app that already built by non-ico development.
Eidoo will provide you possibility to use the decentralized exchange through your app in the smartphone.
Viberate team

Activity: 14
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:55:35 AM

Due to such a large market flood of ICOs, it's hard to find those that have potential and even harder those that will deliver.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:09:02 AM

ICO is a great way for projects to start with a big starting capital. They will just have to present themselves properly, and in a very transparent manner. They should also publish a complete and detailed project vision and plan as well as roadmap. They should also learn to address as much concerns as possible from potential investors. And that would be enough for investors to trust them and contribute something.
duber (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:00:09 PM

Great comments above! Thanks all!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: