Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakout soon?  (Read 2756 times)
Jozzaboy (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:05:27 AM

Is anyone else feeling a breakout soon? Market volume is very low but with recent mining difficulty increases (25%!), stock market instability (Nikkei especially) and Liberty reserve shutdown that we are overdue for money moving away from the above and into Bitcoin?

Considering the large amount of bad news in May and that Bitcoin did not crash and correct further gives me faith that we will see a price rally fairly soon on undervalued coins.

Thoughts?

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:17:04 AM

I think a big factor is heavy duty, professional currency exchanges. Once we see an exchange that can handle huge volumes and also has a high powered legal team, bitcoin will start going up fast. Could take a while.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:27:02 AM

not yet. volume is too low.

Also your lines are kind of arbitrary since they are not drawn from the candle wicks but from the bodies which do not pose any significance when it comes to trends. If you want to draw trendlines based not on price extrema you should look for volume spikes.
lucas.sev

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:28:09 AM

LR money is not moving into bitcoin, I remember someone posting a screenshot from a forum where they said that they want nothing to do with bitcoin as it is too volatile. Also exchanges want to guard themeselves against LR action and are requiring more verification. Breakout is materialising right now, to get back to 130 level we need a 3M dollars buy, similar sell puts us into 105$ area. Breakout materialised already and it seems to be going down.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:43:45 AM

LR money is not moving into bitcoin, I remember someone posting a screenshot from a forum where they said that they want nothing to do with bitcoin as it is too volatile.

Nice to see you have decided what millions of dollars of LR money is doing because of a screenshot someone posted on a forum. You must be very intelligent.  Cool

(For the record, I agree that LR money isn't moving to bitcoin - at this point in time. But everything is a cost/benefit analysis - even volatility. Eventually, the criminals won't have much other choice than bitcoin.)

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:47:12 AM

Here, lower breakout if it crosses 100day sma upper if it reaches daily donchian channel.
parabolic sar already points downwards but you never should use that alone.
lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:10:52 AM

LR money is not moving into bitcoin, I remember someone posting a screenshot from a forum where they said that they want nothing to do with bitcoin as it is too volatile.

Nice to see you have decided what millions of dollars of LR money is doing because of a screenshot someone posted on a forum. You must be very intelligent.  Cool

(For the record, I agree that LR money isn't moving to bitcoin - at this point in time. But everything is a cost/benefit analysis - even volatility. Eventually, the criminals won't have much other choice than bitcoin.)

It's not based on screenshot, It is my own opinion and screenshot was a nice confirmation of the sentiment.
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:27:51 AM

Thanks for the link, looks promising.

Also @ OP: I feel a breakout coming as well.

Jaroslaw

Activity: 84

supernode

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:47:28 AM

my analist predict today under 110$
Saint!

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:53:04 AM

Your analist..... I'm not sure I want to know what their job entails
Rockford

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:09:14 AM

Cheesy

well, he might have got insight...never mind.

bribe money: 1LhsDpG6W3JLzGAYqkMYSBEeHb6bpYL74r
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:15:33 AM

Tell her or him not to quit their day job.    ;-)
Jozzaboy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:34:12 AM

The analist... lol. He might be pulling his predictions out of THERE.

I bloody hope so. I am mostly bought in at $128-129 a coin and my hand is like the iron grip of Soviet Russia. $112 is a good price for me to increase my holdings. Lower than $100 will cause panic.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:35:45 AM

I bloody hope so. I am mostly bought in at $128-129 a coin and my hand is like the iron grip of Soviet Russia. $112 is a good price for me to increase my holdings. Lower than $100 will cause panic.

I wouldn't rate it as likely, but if I thought I would panic under $100, I would reconsider my positioning.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Jozzaboy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:39:32 AM

I wouldn't rate it as likely, but if I thought I would panic under $100, I would reconsider my positioning.

Much like all the integers of 10, 100 or 3 digit prices are such a large psychological barrier that I believe there will be a long and bloody fight for this position.

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:02:04 PM

A good prediction which was 100% correct as the low so far today has been $106.15

I notice the derisory comments when someone suggests the price might go down. This reminds me of early April in some ways.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:58:01 PM

Much like all the integers of 10, 100 or 3 digit prices are such a large psychological barrier that I believe there will be a long and bloody fight for this position.

Did you perhaps mean "multiples of 10 up to but not including 100"?  Grin

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Jozzaboy (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:02:28 PM

Check out how many times we have bounced in this price region. I'm feeling it will find good support in this region. Even with larger whale dumps, there are still those who buy in. Harpoons primed at $100 a coin?  Cheesy

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:19:47 PM

Check out how many times we have bounced in this price region. I'm feeling it will find good support in this region. Even with larger whale dumps, there are still those who buy in. Harpoons primed at $100 a coin?  Cheesy

Those who buy in within these ranges are day traders. They will trade it all day every day within it's range whatever the value.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:57:38 PM

I don't expect a breakout until there is more good news. June-August are vacation months in USA. There really isn't anything exciting going on in Bitcoin, so maybe getting outdoors and forgetting about it is a good thing. Bitcoin cannot die. Repeat after me. "Bitcoin will always bubble."

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: