Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:43:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitscratch physical bit-coin scratch cards ready to distribute  (Read 1910 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcoin_bob (OP)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:14:39 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 01:47:12 PM by bitcoin_bob

Hi guys,

We are proud to announce that BITSCRATCH finally has bought digital gaming to life!

Yes, we are the first company to have made a real world scratch card and are seeking distributors for our very first game- BIG ROLLER.

The game is very simple- based on a Bitcoin paper wallet, behind the dice are two play fields.

A win looks like this:

Revealing the wallet code and key. Simply bloop it into your wallet and you are ready to go.

A loose looks like this:

WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING DISTRIBUTORS FOR THE GAME

An approved distribution agent will sell the cards to players in their area, for bitcoins, buttons or whatever they choose. The face value of the cards is BTC0.02 per play.

The top prize is 10BTC, with prizes of 5, 1, 0.5, 0.05 and 0.02 to be won also.

To be a distribution agent you must fill the following requirements:

1. Be over 21 years old
2. Have a clean criminal record and good reputation
3. Have a clean credit rating, not be in any major debt
4. Undertake to pre order and sell at least 100 cards a month.

If you are interested in becoming a distributor, we have packs of sample cards ready to send out to interested parties for inspection. Each pack will contain 5 cards- all are clearly printed NOT FOR RESALE. They contain a non winning QR code on the win card.

Please PM me for more details about becoming a distribution agent.

Bob

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:31:36 AM

Thanks for your PM's guys, samples are on their way to those who requested them.

Still have 400 samples left so if you want a pack of 5 to share with family and friends please PM me and I will have them sent to you. Remember there is NO CHARGE for the samples, but they do not win anything they are just to show you what our cards are going to look like.

EDIT- someone asked me who to prove the cards fair.

John K has agreed to work with us as a Bitscratch adjudicator- all the initial funds for the cards will go to him, whereby he will create the winning wallets that will be inserted into the cards by the computer in the factory in China. The codes will then be deleted and the only way to access them will be in the cards themselves.

No BITSCRATCH employee will ever see the codes. The cards will be sent directly from the factory to the distributors so actually no executive Bitscratch employee even gets to hold the cards. Which is a shame, but then we would probably just scratch them all.......so addictive......
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:05:36 AM

Any idea of what the specific odds of winning each prize are and also the overall odds of winning anything?

bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:32:18 AM

Any idea of what the specific odds of winning each prize are and also the overall odds of winning anything?

Apologies, here is the back of the scratch card;

Per game there are 10,000 cards issued and then the game repeats itself with a different background colour to differentiate between the games.

The overall odds of winning are 6.6:1 but for individual odds this changes as prizes are won.

Thanks for your interest.
Drezi

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:32:56 AM

This is so sexy...
D35TR0Y3R

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:55:11 AM

What is the EV?

Update: Hi everyone, just to let you guys know that I hacked this account and removed all the negative trust, I've dealt with that scumbag hacker-wannabe extortionist I rooted his fucking machine and stole every last bitcent. I will be in contact with those that he has defrauded and you will be reimbursed fully BM-2D8oHJRsGqH82FDAC2eTEtVmeN7TAVmNBP the1 trojan
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:42:43 AM

By my calculations, Every 10,000 cards sold produces 200 BTC in revenue. Of that 200 BTC revenue, 100.5 BTC is paid out to the winning addresses.

Luciddd

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:58:45 AM

What are the legal issues with this selling in America? I don't believe it would be legal at all.

bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:39:42 PM

What are the legal issues with this selling in America? I don't believe it would be legal at all.

To be honest, American gaming laws are very very complicated and I confess that at this time I could not give you a definitive answer to the American question.

First you would have to get past the Federal gaming laws, and also the interpretation of them.

The US federal definition of gambling is this;

A person engages in gambling if he stakes or risks something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance or a future contingent event not under his control or influence, upon an agreement or understanding that he or someone else will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome.

It is really up to interpretation. Until the US government recognises officially Bitcoin as 'SOMETHING OF VALUE' then the big question is something of value being risked?

After all a bitcoin is currently just a string of numbers and all you can win from this game is a string of numbers. As a pure novelty item only, which wins nothing of value, I imagine that it could fall into a grey area of US law.

US law technically would make the physical bit-coins being minted by Casaiscus illegal, but they trade with ease. And under the US federal law on gaming, technically even an advertisement for a foreign lottery is illegal or visiting an online gaming site.

At the end of the day law is usually all about what someone is willing to enforce, and who is complaining about it. I doubt that for instance Bitscratch cards will be circulating in your local Amish community anytime soon. However downtown LA, I am sure some people would love to have the chance to play these 'valueless' cards.

I would be very interested to hear a legal opinion from anyone qualified in this area.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:47:03 PM

I'm glad someone finally tried this, it was bothering me a bit. A few months ago while in the shower I had considered this idea but skipped it for what I expected would be a general lack of interest from the community. That happens quite a lot though so I'm always happy to see those ideas realized by others so I can enjoy the success vicariously. Smiley

Good luck mate!

bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:03:04 AM

Bump, still got quite a few samples left, PM me if you want some free scratchcard samples.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:22:39 AM

What if u don't have anything to bloop that 2D barcode with?

[erm, I have a scanner function on my Lexmark, will that help?]

PM sent btw
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:37:42 AM

What if u don't have anything to bloop that 2D barcode with?

[erm, I have a scanner function on my Lexmark, will that help?]

PM sent btw

Hi,

if you look closely, surrounding the QR code is the private and public keys, for people who dont have a reader. Sorry, when we scratched the card to show people that it is a real scratch card, we wanted to leave a bit of scratchable on for effect. Catch 22 problem Smiley

Luciddd

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:11:24 AM

To be honest, American gaming laws are very very complicated and I confess that at this time I could not give you a definitive answer to the American question.

First you would have to get past the Federal gaming laws, and also the interpretation of them.

A person engages in gambling if he stakes or risks something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance or a future contingent event not under his control or influence, upon an agreement or understanding that he or someone else will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome.

It is really up to interpretation. Until the US government recognises officially Bitcoin as 'SOMETHING OF VALUE' then the big question is something of value being risked?

After all a bitcoin is currently just a string of numbers and all you can win from this game is a string of numbers. As a pure novelty item only, which wins nothing of value, I imagine that it could fall into a grey area of US law.

US law technically would make the physical bit-coins being minted by Casaiscus illegal, but they trade with ease. And under the US federal law on gaming, technically even an advertisement for a foreign lottery is illegal or visiting an online gaming site.

At the end of the day law is usually all about what someone is willing to enforce, and who is complaining about it. I doubt that for instance Bitscratch cards will be circulating in your local Amish community anytime soon. However downtown LA, I am sure some people would love to have the chance to play these 'valueless' cards.

I would be very interested to hear a legal opinion from anyone qualified in this area.

America already considers BTC something of value, they consider it real and to treat it as it was "foreign currency".

That being said, while you have a cool idea, it doesn't appear this would be legal in the states.

scooter

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:15:27 AM

Sadly this would be quite illegal in the US.

However, as soon as I make enough money to build my moon base. I will happily distribute them there.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:19:49 AM

This is AWESOME.
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:47:26 AM

America already considers BTC something of value, they consider it real and to treat it as it was "foreign currency".

That being said, while you have a cool idea, it doesn't appear this would be legal in the states.

it is possible that it may not be legal in the US depending on who is interpreting the law. We are working on a getaround loophole for the american market, but one step at a time. We are young.

We must put a caveat to anyone who is willing to distribute the cards that you are responsible for checking your local laws. Europe has no issue- its just classed as a 'raffle' in most jurisdictions. In the UK you can get a scratch card in the local paper which wins you a holiday/car etc. Its really only the yanks who are hung up on gambling (and drugs, tits, alcohol, guns....oh wait scrub guns) but even so I have samples shipping to Americans interested in distributing as I speak, so lets see if they come up with any issues.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:49:55 AM

In the UK you only have to be 16 years old to purchase the lottery & scratch cards. But to gamble you have to be 18....aren't they the same thing? lol
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:54:55 AM

In the UK you only have to be 16 years old to purchase the lottery & scratch cards. But to gamble you have to be 18....aren't they the same thing? lol

What, you found an oxymoron in the law? oh my god, this must be the first law ever that didn't make sense Tongue
scooter

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:55:28 AM

There is one small difference.
Lottery is a sort of tax.. The government controls it and takes a big cut of the money.
With gambling, the government has a lot more trouble getting a cut.

So it is in their best interest to make the lottery age younger than the gambling age.
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:23:39 AM

Lottery is a sort of tax.. The government controls it and takes a big cut of the money.

So it is in their best interest to make the lottery age younger than the gambling age.

probably why smoking was 16 for a very long time. Tax them early!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:26:25 AM

probably why smoking was 16 for a very long time. Tax them early!

Lol, you can smoke at 16, but you have to 18 to buy them. That makes total sense. Anyway, I hope this takes off and people are interested. It hasn't been done as far as I'm aware and they already look pretty awesome.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:00:22 AM

1)  really cool idea

2)  IMO as a gambler scratch tickets were always laughable. I'll play something small at 96% payout if all my friends want to fire on it and there are free drinks.  Playing a 50% payout game, similar to most USA state lotteries is like lighting the money on fire.  I always thought if someone did scratch tickets right, made it a 95% payout game and didn't try and gauge like the state lotteries have for years, it would become a fun game that recreational gamblers will finally be able to play and only lose a little. 

IMO: make it more fair of a payout structure, and you have yourself a winner.  Keep it 50% payout, it will be a novelty but not very widely played.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:26:05 PM

1)  really cool idea

2)  IMO as a gambler scratch tickets were always laughable. I'll play something small at 96% payout if all my friends want to fire on it and there are free drinks.  Playing a 50% payout game, similar to most USA state lotteries is like lighting the money on fire.  I always thought if someone did scratch tickets right, made it a 95% payout game and didn't try and gauge like the state lotteries have for years, it would become a fun game that recreational gamblers will finally be able to play and only lose a little. 

IMO: make it more fair of a payout structure, and you have yourself a winner.  Keep it 50% payout, it will be a novelty but not very widely played.

Interesting points- but some things to take into consideration;

1. The cost of producing the tickets, the profit that physical vendors need to make to sell them, and the distribution costs, means that the payout structure needs to take into consideration the costs of internationally distributing the physical game.  If you saw how much it costs to implement such a thing you would understand that its not 'gouging' like state lotteries, its just making it financially viable.

2. As a full on gambler this probably isn't a product that is for you. There are many online gambling avenues for the professional/hardcore gambler to make his money, which have 0 overhead costs and therefore can offer a 96% payout return and 4% to the house. We are not trying to compete with them.

3. As you said it yourself- this is a novelty. Gaming is supposed to be fun, this is supposed to be fun. Gambling is supposed to be an addiction. Compare it to alcohol, some people go and find a tasty wine or beer, wheras other people stand in the drinks isle doing the math on which beverage has the most alcohol for their dollar, and don't care about the taste.

To sum up- theres 6 billion people in the world, and something for everyone Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: