Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:24:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoinker lure people in, then gradually lowers pay?  (Read 396 times)
jnano (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 74

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:59:00 PM

I've tried Bitcoinker for the first time a few days ago.

It has a minimum pay of 20K sat. The first few pay-per-captchas were 20 sat, so I assumed 1000 cycles would be enough to reach minimum pay.

Pretty quickly it became apparent that the PPC can also drop below 20: the possibilities were 10-15-20-25-30, with an average of 18.xx.

Then, some 200 cycles in, the PPC dropped further. From 10-30 in increment of 5, to 10-20 in increments of 1: 10-12-13-15-16-17-20...

Seems like a trap to first get people invested, after having spent work, then start lowering the PPC.
Is this a known faucet tactic?
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:36:22 PM

Most probably it is because bitcoin price increases. Most faucet owners are adjusting their faucet rewards constantly based on it so the higher the bitcoin price, the lower the faucet rewards will be. That's the reason why most users aren't using faucets anymore, it seems to be not worth the time and effort especially if there's that minimum cash out amount. I guess faucets that are processing their payments through micropayment sites like (faucethub, faucet system) have a higher no. of users these days.
jnano (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

If that was the reason, wouldn't they adjust the minimum pay threshold as well?

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3013

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 11:40:54 PM

If that was the reason, wouldn't they adjust the minimum pay threshold as well?

I think much better to contact the owner of the site you are talking about everything should be relay in the price of bitcoin ..
If you seen  changes of getting reward its random actually if they are using the old script for faucet they can anytime change the percentage of the amount of every reward  some time less chance you can get is high rewards and most you can get are small ..

They are not luring the fact the faucet is waste of time if you  just get 20 sat every hour its waste of time better to look  for other way that you can earn..
Like here in forum there are some task in services section like posting in facebook or twitter can gives you good amount and receive it weekly..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jnano (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:57:17 AM

I know it's semi-random, but beyond the local randomness there was obviously a change for the worse.
The fact that this change happened only after about 200 captchas were solved makes it appear to be not an innocent change.

Yeah, I realize this is a big waste of time. Smiley Was looking to buy low-value BTC online but so far haven't a way to do it without divulging personal information. Then my searches for BTC microtasks came up empty, so I decided to try this ridiculous faucet. If only there was no time limit between captchas the whole ordeal could be over in 1-2 hours...

Bitcoinker

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:11:41 AM

Hi,

I'm the owner of Bitcoinker  Smiley
We did indeed reduce the claim amounts a few days ago, due to the Bitcoin price increase. Once Bitcoin has stabilized at a new price point, we adjust the claim amounts accordingly. Also, keep in mind that there are much larger claim amounts in our faucet as well that fewer users get, and that raises the average claim amount as well, even though you might not get those higher claims and therefore see it in your average.
Regarding the minimum threshold, we may lower it in the future once we stabilize the faucet, as currently the Bitcoin price increase has caused us to take Bitcoins out of our own pockets to cover the payouts.
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:45:09 AM

Hi,

We did indeed reduce the claim amounts a few days ago, due to the Bitcoin price increase. Once Bitcoin has stabilized at a new price point, we adjust the claim amounts accordingly. Also, keep in mind that there are much larger claim amounts in our faucet as well that fewer users get, and that raises the average claim amount as well, even though you might not get those higher claims and therefore see it in your average.
Regarding the minimum threshold, we may lower it in the future once we stabilize the faucet, as currently the Bitcoin price increase has caused us to take Bitcoins out of our own pockets to cover the payouts.

At least we have a good owner who replies issues about his own site. I myself is not a fan of faucets but if owner addresses issues like this, it's satisfying to know that they are willing to risk for their future. I hope owner/s does not stop just because they are not earning things or they what they achieved. Sometimes its a long time to have profit in this kind of ordeal. At least settle everything before ending it.
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Hi,

Very nice of you to reply back and inform us what's going on. And yes, all are assumptions are correct in saying that this is due to the increasing price of bitcoins. I haven't done faucets for quite sometime now so I don't know what's the current threshold. However, I guess its part and parcel of having bitcoin as payment though, sometimes you lose and you have to cover the pay from your own pockets. I think if your faucet becomes famous, I'm sure that there are more users to claim thus resulting in less revenues for you guys. Goodluck though, and I hope that you can at least earn a decent profit to continue your business.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
jnano (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:02:08 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 01:18:39 PM by jnano

We did indeed reduce the claim amounts a few days ago, due to the Bitcoin price increase.
Thanks for replying here.

I think the site should be more transparent about its policies. And maybe changes are better enacted gradually. A drop of about 25% is quite noticeable.
I switched from another similar faucet, that has not changed its rates, because it seemed like here there's more bang for the buck, for a similar number of captchas until reaching minimum pay threshold. But the number of cycles to reach minimum threshold has jumped from the initially apparent, after the first few tries, of 1000, to 1100 after a few more, to maybe 1500 now.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2968
Merit: 730

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

We did indeed reduce the claim amounts a few days ago, due to the Bitcoin price increase.
Thanks for replying here.

I think the site should be more transparent about its policies. And maybe changes are better enacted gradually. A drop of about 25% is quite noticeable.
I switched from another similar faucet, that has not changed its rates, because it seemed like here there's more bang for the buck, for a similar number of captchas until reaching minimum pay threshold. But the number of cycles to reach minimum threshold has jumped from the initially apparent, after the first few tries, of 1000, to 1100 after a few more, to maybe 1500 now.

You cant do anything about it since its owners decision on changing rules or threshold.If you don't like on sudden change then you are free to leave and jump in other site.Its just like that. Payrates would really change anytime since they would depend on the price of bitcoin.If they wont do such thing specially on sudden price increase then they would normally lowers the amount on bitcoin rate. PPC sites are waste of time and there are lots of things or way that much better on this one.
jnano (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:04:40 PM

Yeah, users can't do much about it directly. But site owners can handle it better, else they risk alienating their users. There's more than one possible strategy, as evident by the differences between faucets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: