Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess the Bitcoin Gold initial value?  (Read 527 times)
davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:43:19 AM

Hi All,

I'm curious how much everyone things Bitcoin Gold will initially be worth?  Also, at what price point do you think it has to be before everyone starts mining it?

I wonder if it's going to in the low cents like .002 cent coins, or if it's going to be in the hundreds like Bitcoin Cash was.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:59:11 AM

Just a straight up guess ... I'll say $20.  I don't think it's going to be pennies because there appears to be interest.  Speculation is that Alt coins are declining and Bitcoin is rising because people want more free Bitcoin Gold ... selling Alts for BTC.  So, maybe there is enough interest to inflate the price, plus, having GPU miners back in the mix is not a bad idea. 
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:31:29 AM

Hi All,

I'm curious how much everyone things Bitcoin Gold will initially be worth?  Also, at what price point do you think it has to be before everyone starts mining it?

I wonder if it's going to in the low cents like .002 cent coins, or if it's going to be in the hundreds like Bitcoin Cash was.
The initial value of bitcoin gold would probably be several hundreds in US Dollars like how bitcoin cash was after all, it is another forked version of bitcoin and is better than bitcoin cash. Probably everyone would try to mine it since the difficulty of mining bitcoin gold will probably be low considering that it is a new version of blockchain. The price of bitcoin gold will probably be 400 US Dollars before people starts mining it and like bitcoin cash, it might motivate many miners to mine it temporarily.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:56:39 AM

Hi All,

I'm curious how much everyone things Bitcoin Gold will initially be worth?  Also, at what price point do you think it has to be before everyone starts mining it?

I think the price will be the same as the first hard fork coins BCC / BCH.
the price will not be far from it.

Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:03:36 AM

Hi All,

I believe that the bitcoin gold will be worth double digit it cause by the bitcoin gold is the gpu based coin and that will be so easy to mine use your gpu to get the bitcoin gold. That will be different with bitcoin cash.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Cixboy61

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:01:22 PM

I think 400-500 dolars are good ranges for BTC Gold.
Also Btc Gold has an advantage from BTC Cash with GPU mining. This would be more effective to increase the price with miners.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     A N T E X     / // ///     MULTI-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED PROTOCOLS & SERVICES     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Telegram Group     >     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Whitepaper     <     Telegram Channel
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:04:53 PM

I read somewhere that they estimate it to be 10% of whatever Bitcoin is worth.

I personally donty beleive it will be higher than US$250

That said - after this fork maybe BTC crashes to $2500!!
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:30:58 PM

I guess it would be around 100$ because evryone is exchanging alts with bitcoins in order to store bitcoins huge amount to get the same amount of bitcoin gold for free but the developers know this very well so may be they dont allow you to earn huge profits for doing nothing. Thats my point of view.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 01:33:52 PM

I think it will be the same as BTX, initially at 0.01 or there about, then comes the whale dump down to 0.0008 or there about.

wihoe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:38:55 PM

I think it will be about 300 USD.
brokkoly

Activity: 198

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:41:33 PM

My bet is 850$.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:46:30 PM

It's got to be worth more than Bitcoin Cash since it is the most updated version or the newly created altcoin coming from Bitcoin so I'd say it'd be worth around $500 for its initial value.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:51:42 PM

Bitcoin Gold will be probably dumped in the same manner that Bitcoin Cash was dumped, with the "small" difference that there will be no Roger nor Jihan to provide buy support here. Anyone believing this coin is going anywhere must be delusional. No major exchange support means no value.
Awnar

Activity: 230

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:52:29 PM

It's got to be worth more than Bitcoin Cash since it is the most updated version or the newly created altcoin coming from Bitcoin so I'd say it'd be worth around $500 for its initial value.

Well that would also depends on what developers and miners had agreed upon. Hard fork come twice in just two months and thats probably enough for miners to have mined old bitcoins. So hard fork must not be an easy discussion for them.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:55:37 PM

it is impossible to say actually!
you see if people all expect it to be high, they will claim it and they will dump it fast, so the price crashes. for example if they expect it to be worth $1000 a lot of them will do it and price can go down to $20.

if many expect it to be low like $20 then so few will claim it and fewer will bother dumping and price may even go up to $1000 in a pump.

it may sound a little strange but when the market is small and unpredictable and then it is manipulated also, it becomes impossible to make guesses like this.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:58:58 PM

Hi All,

Obviously its not going to be as low as few cents otherwise its going to be dead on arrival and people will not even bother to make a claim of it at all. So, I am envisaging something close to a $1000 at a start then it will then drop gradually to maintain a stable position as we are seeing in bitcoin cash today. A lot of people will dump as fast as possible and I think that is what the team behind the project should try as much as possible to avoid.
Cranidos

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:01:21 PM

Hi All,

I am thinking maybe it will be 0.10 of the current bitcoin value.
Technical people says i will be easy to mine BTG, so it will have impact to the price of bitcoin. Whatever its price will be, I think it is good to hold it first, and let us wait for what be the effect to other altcoins out there. They say competition has a good and bad effects.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: