Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:11:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Debit card for non-EU residents?  (Read 618 times)
GROKEN (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 01:13:43 AM

Lately all the btc debit card services stopped issuing debit cards for people that are outside Europe, which kinda pisses me off because i was actually looking forward to get one.

Is there any other service that still offers debit cards and it can be topped-up with btc?
(Don't mention Neteller nor Skrill, they wont allow you to spend your btc deposited funs with their cards)

I'm aware that Payza still offers this service but i'm looking for alternatives because their fees are high af.

Or if you could point me where to find an instant fiat currency conversion company to get a static amount of USD that is issuing cards to Argentina or providing with VCC's, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3851

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:19:33 AM

I'm not completely sure about this, as I have no sources, but I've read somewhere like a week ago that Coinsbank has a new issuer on board, same thing with Monaco. Which hopefully means cheaper cards and or cheaper fees.

Unfortunately it looks like most BTC debit card issuers uses Wavecrest, causing almost all btc debit cards to remove support to non-EU countries.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7113

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 01:33:01 AM

I'm looking for one aswell. I checked some lists and every card I saw was issued by Wavecrest, which means that you can't use them anymore if you are not a EU citizen.

The only one I know by now that it's not issued by Wavecrest and can be used worldwide is the Gold Card by Wagecan (which costs $162, therefore it's not viable for me), and maybe TenX - which I can't confirm since I haven't been following them for some time but heard that they have found a solution.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
GROKEN (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 04:03:27 AM

I'm looking for one aswell. I checked some lists and every card I saw was issued by Wavecrest, which means that you can't use them anymore if you are not a EU citizen.

The only one I know by now that it's not issued by Wavecrest and can be used worldwide is the Gold Card by Wagecan (which costs $162, therefore it's not viable for me), and maybe TenX - which I can't confirm since I haven't been following them for some time but heard that they have found a solution.

Hey, thanks for all the info.
Would you recommend me Wagecan? I can afford the card but im not sure if it is actually worth to pay that much or not
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 04:52:31 AM

Wirex? Shift?

Any EU based card that uses Visa to process payments needs to conform to the Non-EU restrictions.

Sooo, find a Bitcoin debitcard that uses MasterCard to process payments and you should be good to go.

So Visa's restrictions have to be based on the amount of refugees flooding the EU and the terrorism concern that clouds that group of uprooted people, yeah?
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:50:55 AM

Hey, thanks for all the info.
Would you recommend me Wagecan? I can afford the card but im not sure if it is actually worth to pay that much or not

No, I won't recommend it. I used to have this card but I opted out and closed my account. The card, for one, is too expensive. The annual ATM transaction limit is USD 25k. You're allowed max one card only. The worst part is the ATM fee. The acquiring bank (the bank operating the ATM you use the card on) charges their own fee (this is usually between $3 to $5 per transaction) which is OK. The not-so-nice part is WageCan's fee. It's 2.5% of the transaction amount. So, say, you withdraw $2000 (the card allows a daily withdraw limit of $2500 if you are fully verified) then you pay 2.5% of that amount on top of the amount you are withdrawing (plus the ATM fee). So WageCan's ATM fee alone would be $50. Total: $2000 + $50 + the ATM operator's fee.

https://wagecan.com/Pricing

Don't forget, you also have to load the card first which means you load at WageCan's exchange rate. Loading takes ages (which is why I closed the account). I loaded on Friday... no funds yet on the card on Monday evening. Loading is not real time which is not good if you need to do time-critical purchases with the card.

When I applied for the card, I submitted all documents and was fully verified to KYC level 2 (their highest KYC level). Fast forward two months later and I attempted to load 0.35 bitcoins (about 2k USD) on the card and I see my status downgraded back to level 1 which means lower card limits. I asked why the arbitrary downgrading after full verification, they respond oh you need to do it again.

Very inconsistent service quality. They did this last year to me too. At that time, they were using Transforex cards. They abruptly stopped card access and asked to redo the KYC verification, despite being fully verified already. Submitted documents again and this time their Chinese bank says uhmmm no sorry, rejected.

At this time, I strongly recommend against using this card. You might be on a queue to pay for your coffee or at a store or a mall.. then there goes the email: Card limited. Reverify yourself.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:54:16 AM

No, I won't recommend it. I used to have this card but I opted out and closed my account. The card, for one, is too expensive. The annual ATM transaction limit is USD 25k. You're allowed max one card only. The worst part is the ATM fee. The acquiring bank (the bank operating the ATM you use the card on) charges their own fee (this is usually between $3 to $5 per transaction) which is OK. The not-so-nice part is WageCan's fee. It's 2.5% of the transaction amount. So, say, you withdraw $2000 (the card allows a daily withdraw limit of $2500 if you are fully verified) then you pay 2.5% of that amount on top of the amount you are withdrawing (plus the ATM fee). So WageCan's ATM fee alone would be $50. Total: $2000 + $50 + the ATM operator's fee.

https://wagecan.com/Pricing

Oh No, I was just about to order their golden card today and found this one. I was also anxious about 2-7 days top up period they have but as there is no any working bitcoin debit card for non-EU users I have decided to buy one from them despite huge initial cost.

Any good alternative? Monaco and tenx still under development.... Angry
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:02:07 PM

Oh No, I was just about to order their golden card today and found this one. I was also anxious about 2-7 days top up period they have but as there is no any working bitcoin debit card for non-EU users I have decided to buy one from them despite huge initial cost.

Yes, really unfortunate. I had high hopes for this Taiwanese company's card. Shattered hopes.

If you don't mind the several days' wait for money to be loaded into the card and the risk of being required to reverify yourself at any random point in the future, the card should be a good temporary alternative while waiting for a more solid and cost-friendly solution from other providers.

This card is expensive. That's one. Then you have the ATM fee. Their card provider charges 2.5% of the withdrawn amount. So for $1k it will be $25. For 2k it would be $50. Compare this to the MyChoice standard ATM fee of $3 regardless of the amount withdrawn.

Then you have the loading time. It is not real time which is a major inconvenience. It takes ages and you're not given an exact time or day to expect the money to appear on the card so you have to have a back up card when shopping or having dinner somewhere or using it at the ATM.

Be mindful of HK and Chinese holidays because when you load the card, it can take ages. Just like this announcement they made:

https://blog.wagecan.com/2017/09/28/hk-national-holiday-announcemen/

While waiting for a more solid solution from the European providers, Localbitcoins and Bitstamp are (for now) my reliable to-go places for bitcoin to fiat transactions. Both never failed me.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:18:02 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 04:27:46 PM by Samarkand

I would not bet that these two projects become a viable alternative in the near future.
They were founded in order to take part and profit from the ICO frenzy where every
decent idea raised a ton of cryptocurrency.

However, now that they have completed this goal it is doubtful if any of these ICOs can actually
deliver a good product or user experience. In my opinion a huge percentage of these ICOs
are vaporware or even outright scams with non-existing development.
adastranon

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:24:19 PM

Wirex? Shift?
Sooo, find a Bitcoin debitcard that uses MasterCard to process payments and you should be good to go.

Mastercard is no-go seems they're wavecrest as well, I bought an advcash mastercard but they told me it will only work until 07/11/2017 which is useful but its going to expire as well.

Has anyone tried lavapay? I read its not issued by wavecrest.
ultraBTC

Activity: 83
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 10:14:31 AM

I have signed up with Anxpro and Uquid 10 days ago. Since then, at both accounts, I haven't received any update about my verification process. Both are still pending, and no notification so far. Got info that the new system will take place at Uquid around 20th October, but so far no updates on that.The situation is not looking good for non-Europen countries I guess.

Any update or success on this from other Forum members?

Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:36:55 AM

Found that moneypolo and okpay have mastercard both are not issued by wave crest so they might work as bitcoin debit card as both of them also allow bitcoin deposits.

I haven't found any other card service where we can deposit with bitcoin.
ultraBTC

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 11:47:41 AM

Found that moneypolo and okpay have mastercard both are not issued by wave crest so they might work as bitcoin debit card as both of them also allow bitcoin deposits.

I haven't found any other card service where we can deposit with bitcoin.

Are you sure they allow to direct deposit with Bitcoins? This is from another thread:

"What you can do right now is order one card from okpay, they deliver mastercard to worldwide. But as they don't accept direct deposit from bitcoin, use some exchanger to fund it with bitcoin. Now load your card with those fund you got from exchange, I think they will allow this deposit as it is not directly related to bitcoin. I haven't tried it yet but if this will work than it will be helpful for everyone."

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:22:14 PM

i don't understand how wagecan be both so slow and so expensive. it's ridiculous. if they can issue cards then surely someone else more competitive can. if it just a hack of some sort then it's gonna get found out and they'll be shut down.
ultraBTC

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 01:10:36 PM

i don't understand how wagecan be both so slow and so expensive. it's ridiculous. if they can issue cards then surely someone else more competitive can. if it just a hack of some sort then it's gonna get found out and they'll be shut down.

Ditto that. And for those expensive fees, I would expect top notch service and ultra fast support.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: