Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercury Protocol Sale....Denied????  (Read 665 times)
algiambra (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:32:02 AM

Hi Everyone:

I'm new; so I hope I posted in the right place.  I've been playing around with some ICO's and getting involved with some good projects.  The Mercury Protocol/GMT Token Sale Starts on Oct. 25th and I was extremely excited about this one.  I registered for the sale.  All you do is upload your driver's license and enter you home and e-mail addresses and some minor personal info such as phone number, etc.  When I registered for other sales I immediately got an e-mail confirmation saying I was good to go.  I didn't with this one so I e-mailed them to ask them what the deal was. They responded saying it can take up to a week to get the e-mail confirmation.

Today I got the following e-mail:

Thank you for your interest in the Mercury Protocol token launch. Unfortunately, you have not passed our screening process and will NOT be able to participate in the token launch.

Thank you for your interest!

Mercury Protocol team

No explanation why I was denied.  I can't imagine what about a person's driver's license, home address and e-mail address would cause one person to be approved and another denied.  Also, there is no information on their website about who can and who cannot participate in the sale other than they list the countries that can't participate.

Now, having said all that, when I go on their website check to see if I'm registered it says that I AM registered.  I don't know what to make of this.

Anyway, I'm hoping this forum can help; so if anyone has information on this and/or why this would be I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance for your responses.     
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:49:18 AM

Interesting - maybe there's some restrictions for the coin that prevents it from being sold where you live? I saw an ICO once that United States citizens couldn't participate in.

BTW, sounds super sketchy to share your driver's license and home address. With all the scams about it's amazing that you trust them with that information.
pkasireddy

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:45:27 PM

Hi there! It's Preethi from the Mercury Protocol team. Sorry for the confusion on our website. The "Check if I'm registered" button is meant to indicate whether we've received your registration form. It is not an indication of approval vs. denial.

We looked into your registration submission. The reason you were declined is because your IP address indicated that you are located in NY. Due to government regulations, NY residents are not allowed to participate in the token launch.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to email us at info@mercuryprotocol.com.
algiambra (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:24:59 AM

Hi there! It's Preethi from the Mercury Protocol team. Sorry for the confusion on our website. The "Check if I'm registered" button is meant to indicate whether we've received your registration form. It is not an indication of approval vs. denial.

We looked into your registration submission. The reason you were declined is because your IP address indicated that you are located in NY. Due to government regulations, NY residents are not allowed to participate in the token launch.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to email us at info@mercuryprotocol.com.

I'm going to respond to this via a new thread since I don't know if you will come back to this one.  I would respond via the e-mail as you suggested, but I did e-mail your team at the e-mail address you posted here when I was denied and received ZERO response.  So it seems I'll have better luck here since you promptly responded to this thread.
algiambra (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:02:42 AM

Nevermind.  I just got an e-mail response from the team.  The short version is that I explained to them that I own a consulting firm and have been in Norwalk, CT (NOT NEW YORK) for the last two weeks.  Who ever would've thought that YOU HAVE TO BE HOME WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR A SALE.  What's the point of providing proof of residency then??? Just let people register and if their IP address comes from a place that can't participate in the sale screw em!

Anyway, they said in their e-mail that they were going to send the case to their lawyer and they "will reprocess my registration if he permits it".  Rest assured that I am no cupcake.  There is no question about my residency, but I have and WILL retain proof that I have been in Norwalk, CT for the last two weeks.  More specifically, I was in Norwalk, CT on the MOMENT I registered for the sale.  None of this makes any sense.  They can't possibly imagine that someone might register from their laptop, phone, I-pad when they're out of town???  I understand how strict the regulations are and they really need to be careful, but it seems to me there's more to it than this!!!  I'm not letting this go.

I'm not a computer guru or anything, but if there are any computer experts out there, is it possible for someone to be in a hotel (on the hotel's guest Wi-Fi) in Norwalk, CT, but the IP address indicates that they're in NEW YORK?

Thanks in advance for any responses.   

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:08:30 AM

I can understand your frustration but honestly, it should be directed to New York and not the ICO.  These groups are worried about the heavy regulation coming out of the US and out of New York.  If they can't prove they've taken reasonable precautions to prevent New York residents from participating then they could be bound up in legal battles instead of developing solutions.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: