Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:59:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: affected by bitcoin Copy paste viruses  (Read 898 times)
superhelper (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:49:34 AM

Ooohh boy that's not good . I didn't even know there was something like this. Clean your PC asap. Do you know how you got the virus? I once had something similar years ago when I attempted to do faucets. I couldn't change the address on the faucet, and I didn't know whose address was on there. So I just stopped doing faucets. Good luck man!

I also play faucet! But I can not accurately say what the real reason of this virus.
superhelper (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:08:40 AM

Suddenly i notice that my pc is affected by bitcoin copy paste virus! When i copy my btc address it paste another address. Please give me any solution if you known. Feeling very risky for this virus! Shocked Shocked

I assume that you are on Windows.
Download AVIRA rescue system (you can do this even from the infected PC!) and burn it to a CD.
Then boot from the CD and disinfect your system. It has English interface too which you have to select by hand, since when I've use it, it used to start in German :-/

The AVIRA link is https://www.avira.com/en/download/product/avira-rescue-system
There are other rescue systems, you can google for them. Kaspersky is slow imho, but here it is: https://support.kaspersky.com/4162

Disclaimer: my computers were never infected yet with this particular virus, so I don't know which of the rescue system actually cleans it (and how good).

I already used avast and avira both antivirus.  after scanning all viruses have been deleted but it could not solve it!
superhelper (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:17:21 AM

Woah, it's good that you noticed it pasted a different address. Please be careful. If you have been affected by something like this then you could have other stuff in your computer, such as a keylogger. Run different antiviruses and see if that helps.

Other than that, I suggest you consider using Linux. Ubuntu, in particular, is easy to install and is really easy to use. You can run it alongside Windows as well. It's not bulletproof, but these kinds of viruses can't penetrate it easily.

Can i use Linux and windows same time in my pc? I don't know how to use both at a same time! 
superhelper (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:23:24 AM

The commercial Anti-virus software with Malware protection can detect and kill most of these infections. Our IT department use a variety of commercially available anti-virus software like Kaspersky and Trend and McAfee and all of them destroy most of these infections.

The FREE Anti-virus software like AVAST has also been used to eliminate some of the nasty things that are doing the rounds.

Hope this is helpful. If everything fails, use a bootable version of the Tails OS to boot your computer and then do your Bitcoin things in a clean OS environment.

I don't use any commercial anti-virus software. I used many antivirus and malware protection free version, such as Avast, Avira, malwarebyt, etc. but i did not find out any solution of this problem.
jzone23

Activity: 194

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:33:41 AM

Woah, it's good that you noticed it pasted a different address. Please be careful. If you have been affected by something like this then you could have other stuff in your computer, such as a keylogger. Run different antiviruses and see if that helps.

Other than that, I suggest you consider using Linux. Ubuntu, in particular, is easy to install and is really easy to use. You can run it alongside Windows as well. It's not bulletproof, but these kinds of viruses can't penetrate it easily.

Can i use Linux and windows same time in my pc? I don't know how to use both at a same time!  

This tutorial might help you setting this up https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.pcworld.com/article/252939/installing_windows_and_linux_on_the_same_computer.amp.html hope you fix issues soon

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
annmarie

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:40:45 AM

The commercial Anti-virus software with Malware protection can detect and kill most of these infections. Our IT department use a variety of commercially available anti-virus software like Kaspersky and Trend and McAfee and all of them destroy most of these infections.

The FREE Anti-virus software like AVAST has also been used to eliminate some of the nasty things that are doing the rounds.

Hope this is helpful. If everything fails, use a bootable version of the Tails OS to boot your computer and then do your Bitcoin things in a clean OS environment.

I don't use any commercial anti-virus software. I used many antivirus and malware protection free version, such as Avast, Avira, malwarebyt, etc. but i did not find out any solution of this problem.

Just stop downloading random stuff and visiting websites you don't trust. You can get by without a antivirus but they are always recommended for extra precautions.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:46:35 AM

free antivirus are good but i would like to ask to the OP if he tried the iso file i've pointed out couple of post back.
Instead of using free antivirus, i would suggest you to activate and keep updated the embedded Windows Defender, so far it's the best piece of software you can find to protect your pc, it works flawlessly without any issue even on old machines.
jkoin

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

Wow. What a news. Thank you for creating the topic on the forum. This is very useful information. I will be extremely attentive further. And I advise you to cheat the computer from various garbage. It can accumulate a lot and in such places that you will not find. Shocked
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:49:35 AM

Also affected
chrisrov

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:53:45 AM

Can anyone who has been affected by the virus post the address it is trying to use so we can have a look on the blockchain to see how many BTC are moving to the addresses to gauge an idea of how big an issue it is?
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:07:43 AM

Suddenly i notice that my pc is affected by bitcoin copy paste virus! When i copy my btc address it paste another address. Please give me any solution if you known. Feeling very risky for this virus! Shocked Shocked
I have encountered a problem like you are a form of stealing property through address if you do not pay attention. You may have downloaded some software and it has a virus. You should reinstall the operating system and stop downloading the free software if you do not want to lose money.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 809

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:19:57 AM

Wow. What a news. Thank you for creating the topic on the forum. This is very useful information. I will be extremely attentive further. And I advise you to cheat the computer from various garbage. It can accumulate a lot and in such places that you will not find. Shocked

This virus has been in existence years ago, I don't know why you guys still haven't heard of this copy paste virus.

So its everyone's responsibility to keep your computer safe and not to click anything you see online. And to have a updated antivirus. You can check this previous thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1841658.0

Just be careful. Those hackers are really targeting crypto's more than ever. Better yet do a re-format just to be sure. And it you are getting a anti-virus, I recommend Kaspersky.
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:25:17 AM

Yeah I also had the same problem in my laptop. But now I am not using it. my laptop got infected when I tried the bitcoin generator software which promises 1 btc if you pay 0.06 btc. After that what I used to do is when ever I copy the btc address, I just copy half of the address first and then paste it and after that copy the next half and paste it. Or I used to add extra words on the right side of the address before copying and after pasting, I delete the extra word .

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
superhelper (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:59:17 AM

Yeah I also had the same problem in my laptop. But now I am not using it. my laptop got infected when I tried the bitcoin generator software which promises 1 btc if you pay 0.06 btc. After that what I used to do is when ever I copy the btc address, I just copy half of the address first and then paste it and after that copy the next half and paste it. Or I used to add extra words on the right side of the address before copying and after pasting, I delete the extra word .

What a Great idea! This is the proper solution to me . I like your solution. Thank you
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:40:41 AM

thank you for informing us about this kind of virus i read about this virus before but not in pasting bitcoin address it is program script virus like auto run maybe you can blocked this using antivirus then enable the blocking all the script from your computer that function of blocking script is available in all major antivirus software like smadav. 
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:22:56 AM

I also met the same problem. I've tried a lot of methods. It will be useful to format your computer and Web browser. Especially spyware has occupied everyone's computer.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:31:15 AM

that is very bad, a friend of my was once got the copy paste virus did not know how he got that, luckily he only sending a small amount of Bitcoin and he ended up reinstalling his OS, this is why everytime I want to send I always checked the first 3 digit and 3 digit in the middle and the last 3 digit of the address, and I always make it as habit only to make sure
loopaland

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:15:49 PM

Tremendously interesting proposition. It has some fishy parts.  I shall analyze.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:20:25 PM

I didn't even know such type of virus existed  Undecided Thanks mate, for posting this thread.
It really creates an awareness in the common people. All of you should look for such kind of infection in your PCs.
Try to clean you PC with an anti malware program such as MalwareBytes or ZAM (Zamana Anti Malware). It looks like a malware program to me but can be something else too.
It did already exist since last year which this virus or malware do infect your pc and once you do copy your address and paste it and it show different address then your computer is already infected. Lucky for OP he did able to notice such thing but most people who do got victimized on this one did make such mistake on carelessly sending amounts into another wallet address and later on they did realize such mistakes. This is why always check or review on the address you do input.For now my best suggestion is to clean up your pc make a scan of your antivirus.If it still persist then do a complete reformat.

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:25:48 PM

Luckily you manage to spot the BTC address pasted was wrong.

I suggest you to reformat your computer and reinstall the operating system. After that, get an antivirus to secure your computer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀