Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Ethereum so special?  (Read 7829 times)
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:35:30 PM

i have always asked my self that question until i asked a someone who is a real cryotomaniac and i can summerise in the following because it is the most sustainable coin in the crypto world it has a powerfull blockchain and trusted protocol and it  has a secure yet so easy wallet to use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inbtctrust

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:48:08 PM

i believe ethereum is popular as long as ICOs are. someday it all might end
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:59:59 PM

Ethereum has seen a huge rise in its adoption as the platform new startups use in implementing their projects.
However, there are other platforms such as Waves that can do the same things Ethereum does ( even easily as Waves does not require any programming skills). Why can't new startups use the Ethereum alternatives? Is there any uniqueness in Ethereum that other platforms don't have? What makes Ethereum the in-thing?
Because ethereum have a good reputation already. Its is the no.1 trusted altcoin.Aside from that the platform of ETH is tested and promising unlike the other altcoin. And it has its vision to stay and be known in the market of digital currency. Although the price of ETH is not much as high as the bitcoin that why some ICO use it.

That is true, ethereum have a great reputation and already tested and a very popular compare to the other altcoins.

Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:07:12 PM

Ethereum has seen a huge rise in its adoption as the platform new startups use in implementing their projects.
However, there are other platforms such as Waves that can do the same things Ethereum does ( even easily as Waves does not require any programming skills). Why can't new startups use the Ethereum alternatives? Is there any uniqueness in Ethereum that other platforms don't have? What makes Ethereum the in-thing?
many people who do not want to leave ethereum although now many nice altcoins, in addition to many variations of eth is also a lot of info that attracts people to have it

anelenaniku

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:07:21 PM

Good question.
Ethereum was the first platform that makes Smart contracts where people today can issue their own token on it.
Is the only platform that works so well and people trust the most, it has a solid hardworks team we can trust and in the future.
Ethereum today is so special especially that most ICOs are issue their tokens on Ethereum network.
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:13:46 PM

Because it has good community and still has a lot of growth potenitail. It is upgraded faster than a bitcoin and also the smart contracts are very good, you can also make ico on ethereum

GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:23:39 PM

Vitalik did not 'Invent' Smart Contracts. Nick Szabo first coded them in 1996, Vitalik just slapped his code on the blockchain.

http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/rob/Courses/InformationInSpeech/CDROM/Literature/LOTwinterschool2006/szabo.best.vwh.net/smart_contracts_2.html

There's a reason Satoshi never introduced smart-contracts onto the Bitcoin Blockchain, it causes ridiculous bloat and unusability.

Ethereum can't even handle ICO launches without practically grinding to a halt, and its barely been in use for 2 years, and that's without any popular 'dapps'.

Within another 2 years it will utterly unusable.

This is a very useful contribute. I didn't know that fact. And I agree that within two years Ethereum as it is now will become unusable.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:25:33 PM

i think that the plaform that ethereum provides is very secure and stable and easy to use for these raising alt-coins.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:28:44 PM

with many famous celebrities whose advertisement for ethereum then eth is getting known by many people and is getting trusted and many want to have it so that's one reason ethereum so special

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:32:27 PM

Ethereum is easy to use and can easily understand, especially if you are a newbie and just starting into alternative coins. Other platforms have already adopted ETH which does make it more versatile and available to other users. Also, ICO's started to boom due to ETH technology which is seconded by WAVES, but the ETH still has the upper hand on this. The only thing I don't like with it is the GAS thing which I'm having a hard time to understand and to compute, I know it is for transaction fees and the like, but it would be much easier if they simplify it, and things got more complicated with EtherDelta, where almost every move you make has a transaction fee.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:33:25 PM

Ethereum has already established itself very deeply in the altcoin and even in the entire crypto world. It has made a big name already as the top coin promoting and offering smart contracts. For now, no other alternate cryptocurrency in the market can match the influence and power of Ethereum. This coin is already worth at least $28 Billion right now. And it might still grow bigger and bigger. Waves comes next.
udayantha11

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:37:50 PM

Eth is well accept and well established already. Smart contract easily can be done through the eth. Waves just a project.. All icos based on eth.. Very small time gone to execute a transaction.

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Faruque312

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:48:13 AM

I think you know Ethereum has a different method for costing transactions depending on their computational complexity, bandwidth use and storage needs. Also faster transaction. Ethereum has a slightly different economic model. i think thats why it is special

yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:22:24 AM

ethereum has many advantages. other than altcoin which has second rank other than btc. eth is also used as the main parent erc20 used for the creation of new tokens. other than that eth price is quite stable
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:37:25 AM

It may become "so special" in Future. Vitalik Buterin and his team announced that they are planning to burn some of ETH. In plans to take fees from app based on ETH blockchain.  Shocked

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:44:33 AM

I think that ethereum is the most really demanded crypto as of now. So many projects are based on ETH platform, so many partners even at governance level. Buterin is a genious. This all makes ETH special imo.

It may become "so special" in Future. Vitalik Buterin and his team announced that they are planning to burn some of ETH. In plans to take fees from app based on ETH blockchain.  Shocked

The price should rise due to this statement.
darkr

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:55:26 AM

Ethereum differs from other cryptocurrencies and from Bitcoin either. It uses its own internal code, which theoretically allows calculating the entire mathematical model of the system when the one who want to do it have computer resources and time.
The transactions’ time of ETH is very short — several seconds (10-60 seconds)
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:12:00 AM

If they do this - the price of Ethereum will start to be an Adjustable and Controlled. Good for Ethereum in total but bad for creators and founders of projects who chose Ethereum blockchain.
imreallyaniceguyy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:42:56 AM

Like Bitcoin, it's a trend setter. The first of its kind. A big plus is the great leadership and devs. I'm still wondering why Vitalik chose to create solidity instead of implementing multiple languages like neo did, but regardless I have a great deal of faith in eth. Buterin will probably the one to deliver crypto into mainstream.

What about Dash how is that?
satish37

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:56:52 AM

if there is any other coin next to Bitcoin , it is only Ethereum, second it is still in  reach of ordinary man for sale and purchase
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: