Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another ICO ban, this time probably from Japan :(  (Read 1746 times)
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 09:27:01 PM

Very good, ban crappy ICOs and make way for the real projects!

airdrops should probably also be banned from Bitcointalk because most of them are super scammy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:24:58 PM

An ICO Ban In Japan Is Still A 'Definite Possibility says the news. Here is the link:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elaineramirez/2017/10/15/japan-ico-ban-indiesquare-higashi/#698d1d38213e
I don't want to cause FUD but I don't know.
Any views on this and on ETH price?

I suggest you to read article first before posting it here with such article. But half or more  people replying here will do same as you and will talk only of your bombastic title.
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:58:23 AM

Ico's should be well regulated , Some projects are scam and should be banned from collecting money from investors. Shitcoins and tokens are sprouting almost everyday to collect Millions of dollars then sadly turned out to be scam.

subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:50:45 AM

There is more than enough projects that have been around the block to invest in.  I think these bans might be good for cryptocurrencies because money will flow into these established projects instead of new ico's that can possibly end up being scams. 
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:15:03 AM

I'm for it. If this means that it can get rid of all the scam ICO's that have come and go I say continue the bans.

Campaign Manager (2018)
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:19:20 AM

Honestly, I can see why governments would see ICOs as harmful. A lot of them are just disguised scams. I just hope that governments don't outright ban them like china did. Some projects are legitimate and beneficial. I wish governments would regulate ICOs instead of just banning them

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:19:23 AM

Even if this does happen we will be fine down the road. This will keep the crypto community from getting over diluted with fake projects and more attention will be brought to the actual legit projects that are innovating.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:23:31 AM

Well, I do not think ICO ban is priority of many Government around the world at this time. There are many things going on that is of utmost importance in the scheme of things. We have security issues and the earlier the World embrace blockchain the better for all of us.

ALT67890

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:25:19 AM

That’s given the news might be a bad possibility or not, it is still a FUD for me without the proper legal action by the Japan authorities. If there is probability that it come to a banning of ICO, I don’t think bitcoin be affected to it or it might given more increases than everyone stating it would decrease.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:31:40 AM

An ICO Ban In Japan Is Still A 'Definite Possibility says the news. Here is the link:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elaineramirez/2017/10/15/japan-ico-ban-indiesquare-higashi/#698d1d38213e
I don't want to cause FUD but I don't know.
Any views on this and on ETH price?
I thought they will just regulate it? does someone influences these Countries? like they are all deciding to completely ban icos from thinking to regulating these ICOs. These ICO bans will help the REAL ICOs to gain some attention for their projects and also to gain support from the community. I don;t see any problem on this news. It will be a problem if every country in the world bans ICO that would be a bigger problem.

bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:25:01 AM

Although you don't want to cause FUD, the article itself is doing it since, in economics sciences, the students are taught that the economy is based on a percentage of speculation. That kind of news affects the price of bitcoin's and, subsequently, of every other altcoin. I really hope Japan doesn't ban ICOs
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:35:12 AM

Ico's should be well regulated , Some projects are scam and should be banned from collecting money from investors. Shitcoins and tokens are sprouting almost everyday to collect Millions of dollars then sadly turned out to be scam.
A momentary movement will be end soon, I do not think we will see many ICO projects in next year. The government will help us solve and remove all shit, ponzi projects. The SEC, China, South Korea and the rumor about Japanese government proved they do not ignore this field.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:19:36 AM

Very good, ban crappy ICOs and make way for the real projects!

airdrops should probably also be banned from Bitcointalk because most of them are super scammy

I think what Governments want is to have control over these funds, just imagine the amount that have been raised this year alone, over $2 billion and if no one is asking these developers how they are using this fund then abuse is inevitable

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:27:31 AM

It seems to me that the news is natural. Last year ico projects have attracted $ 2 billion, of course the government cannot turn a blind eye. I think the regulation the ico in the world just a matter of time.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:04:17 AM

I think ICO has become a serious threat for the government and I dont surprise to see Japan or any country to take this kind of action,  because there are too many coin that  is useless and too many people scammed through ICO,  and this will affected eth price,  it will drop down
elewton

Activity: 407

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:23:26 AM

I think ICO has become a serious threat for the government and I dont surprise to see Japan or any country to take this kind of action,  because there are too many coin that  is useless and too many people scammed through ICO,  and this will affected eth price,  it will drop down
I agree with you that many new tokens are useless. Inevitably, Governments in the world will ban ICOs. But it maybe happens in short-term. After they find out the way to control ICOs, they will allow it again. Don't worry.  Grin

anzach87

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:52:34 AM

NO CHANCE TO BE BAN  ICOS WILL SURVIVE. . . .  Regulated or Not
Coins De Shark

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:04:58 AM

The problems with ICOs is that government are not seeing how they can protect the investors if the ICO is a scam. This is a huge problem. How do you guarantee that your money is moving the company? But ICOs bans are not a problem for the existing tokens, bitcoin will not suffer from it. The only problem that will emerge is few new tokens on the market.

Government doesn't care if you get scammed.
Do you really think if bitcoin was worth 1 cent per coin that the government would be trying to stop bitcoin scams?

They want to supervise that money flow, nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly, they want a piece of whats to come. They dont care if you get ripped off in the process. They just want a piece of the rip off, because at the end of the day its YOUR MONEY you are investing. They cant protect you from your mistakes, but they can enforce regulations to ensure they get paid.
Mertalot

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:29:31 AM

NO CHANCE TO BE BAN  ICOS WILL SURVIVE. . . .  Regulated or Not

Hope so! I can't imagine Japan cracking down on ICO. Japan should be one of the driving forces for other governments to show how to treat new technologies  Sad
Smoothmazi

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:36:55 AM

It was incoming, crypto got into Africa and most 3rd world countries through the help of ponzi schemes, the price has grown rapidly within a year and my fears are only mounting for those that will lose their life savings here Cry

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: