Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 06:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another ICO ban, this time probably from Japan :(  (Read 1746 times)
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:54:10 PM

Doesn't matter as long as Japan still open to bitcoin usage as currency/commodity/investment/payment method Roll Eyes
Ico ban not means exchanger ban. That's why ICO developers should make real and legit ICO not scam. Why many countries ban ICOs because there are many scam ICOs.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:29:10 AM

In general, Japan had a good run with the legality of BTC, of course they are worried that the price might influence the economic activity, so they're trying to be a bit careful about the legal framework. Considering however that Japan has been fairly open to crypto innovations (XRP included), I wouldn't worry all too much, as it's a tech savvy government and population which can more easily identify the potential of the blockchain and how it can help people. Besides that, even if things get out of hand, you can still send the BTC outside Japan and cash in from another country, if your stack is big enough it will be cerntainly worth it, otherwise just give Japan some time and they'll sort things out (integrating it in their legal framework).
I definitely don't think Japan will outright ban cryptocurrencies as I agree with you on how savvy they are on technology. They might regulate ICOs, which could be considered a good or bad depending on the regulation.
What do you guys think would be a good regulation, lets say from a country like Japan or US?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:42:21 AM

this is a good news. and all the other countries will also ban ICOs and soon any kind of fund raising through ICOs will also be banned. maybe this way we can see this new method of scamming people be eliminated for good.

i also speculate a lot of price rise all over the market if that happens because ICOs have been taking a lot of money in. and when they get banned all that money has to go somewhere. most probably majority of it goes back to bitcoin and some part will also be distributed among other altcoins.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
unityproject_ico

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:00:44 AM

I could see governments later rescind their bans to regulate ICO's instead.. They're a much more efficient, affordable, and democratic method of raising capital for great projects. There's some bad apples, but there were a lot more bad apples among public companies before the 1930's until new regulatory measures from the SEC were introduced. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Argoo

Activity: 2296
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:46:30 AM

If the information about the possibility of imposing a ban on ICO in Japan has an objective basis, then, most likely, it will be a temporary phenomenon, which will be calculated only to streamline this process and reduce risks in its conduct. Japan quite wisely approaches the introduction of crypto currency in its country and has always been loyal to it. Therefore, it seems to me that there should not be any drastic changes in the attitude towards the crypto currency.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:48:40 AM

this is a good news. and all the other countries will also ban ICOs and soon any kind of fund raising through ICOs will also be banned. maybe this way we can see this new method of scamming people be eliminated for good.

i also speculate a lot of price rise all over the market if that happens because ICOs have been taking a lot of money in. and when they get banned all that money has to go somewhere. most probably majority of it goes back to bitcoin and some part will also be distributed among other altcoins.
The development of blockchain technology will slow down a bit if ICO is blocked by all countries, not very good.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:52:48 AM

ICOs have became a risk because of increased scam. Every country is thinking about it and banning or regulating them. I think Japan is looking forward for a temporary ban if any. They might come up with regulations later. I believe Japan is a country of innovation and provides a good platform to new projects. So, they won't be completely banning ICOs as they are bringing the future and not all are scams. I think just like exchange regulations, they ll be regulating ICOs as well.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:54:33 AM

Doesn't matter as long as Japan still open to bitcoin usage as currency/commodity/investment/payment method Roll Eyes
Ico ban not means exchanger ban. That's why ICO developers should make real and legit ICO not scam. Why many countries ban ICOs because there are many scam ICOs.

This could be true that due to chances of scam in ICO or just as a precautionary measure government is taking this step so that public does not loses is money scam and then report it . I think all the country may look into this ICO and if somebody has to raise will require government license or something could be a probability .
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:05:07 AM

Almost every country will ban ICOs because the organizations that use it create multi-level coin that attracts capital from everyone but the scam that is happening all the time makes people distrust the coin. In fact, their country is likely to record so many cyber-fraud cases and ICOs so their country will issue a ban to protect their people's interests. In my country there are quite a lot of cases how they happen to create a virtual coin and then introduce people to invest and then they are late payment and then disappear

Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:00:54 AM

Thats because too many scammers are now being in the ICO.Maybe japan wants to be fair with the people that have a serious ICO plan.Maybe this is just temporary and hopefully maybe they would give it another chance.
Crypto1992

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Tokenpay

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:13:49 AM

I think this is simply a FUD not more than that. Japan has a strong relationship with cryptocurrency. I think Japan will be the only country that fights for cryptocurrency.

TokenPay    ⓣ     ||     THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE COIN     ||
TOKEN SALE  >  December 7th, 2017   [WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: