Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold Fork  (Read 1052 times)
merc1969 (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:14:50 AM

Does any one know which of the exchanges have promised to give the depositors a 1:1 coin for the BTCs that they hold in the exchange wallets ? (Since crypto exchanges control the private keys and not the people who have deposited their money there, they are not legally bound to give the holders a share of the BTG coins )

Do you know if i hold my BTC in wallets by zebpay/uno coin, they might issue a 1:1 BTG for every BTC ?
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:39:14 AM

That's a nice question in India which all exchanges does support the Bitcoin Gold coins and will provide the coins to their customer who ever keep the btc in their wallet Kindly clarify. Also how much time will it take to get the gold coin if you support this fork?
coinkhoj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:17:12 PM

Do you have any news about zebpay supporting this upcoming fork?
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:36:05 AM

I saw this on the Unocoin site (news release dated Oct 18th) regarding  the Segwit2x fork .

https://blog.unocoin.com/unocoins-stance-on-the-upcoming-segwit2x-fork-6708bf90b1f9

I don't see anything about the BTG fork as yet on any of the Indian sites. Still looking for a list of wallets/sites/exchanges that have explicitly mentioned support for the BTG fork.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:24:27 AM

I saw this on the Unocoin site (news release dated Oct 18th) regarding  the Segwit2x fork .

https://blog.unocoin.com/unocoins-stance-on-the-upcoming-segwit2x-fork-6708bf90b1f9

I don't see anything about the BTG fork as yet on any of the Indian sites. Still looking for a list of wallets/sites/exchanges that have explicitly mentioned support for the BTG fork.

Yes I read this statement by unocoin they said that they do not support segwit but would still credit our coins. They mentioned they do not support any forks so I dont think they are going to credit your bcg tokens too.
coinkhoj

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:08:04 PM

Bitcoin.org Already Declared the supporter of segwit2x http://news.coinkhoj.com/bitcoin-published-the-list-of-incompatible-wallets-exchanges-and-miners/ unocoin is also supporting the hard fork. Unocoin is a partner of BitPay.
remedcu

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:27:47 PM

Bitcoin.org Already Declared the supporter of segwit2x http://news.coinkhoj.com/bitcoin-published-the-list-of-incompatible-wallets-exchanges-and-miners/ unocoin is also supporting the hard fork. Unocoin is a partner of BitPay.

Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x are different coins
remedcu

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:30:26 PM

Does any one know which of the exchanges have promised to give the depositors a 1:1 coin for the BTCs that they hold in the exchange wallets ? (Since crypto exchanges control the private keys and not the people who have deposited their money there, they are not legally bound to give the holders a share of the BTG coins )

Do you know if i hold my BTC in wallets by zebpay/uno coin, they might issue a 1:1 BTG for every BTC ?

BTG is not supported by any exchanges as they still have not released their code base.

So, I don't think they will issue a BTG soon.

The only exception in this case is Yobit, they have already issued the coin, but that's futures rather than the original coin. If you had balance in there, you would get 1:1 for BTC.
jessamine2015

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:01:49 AM

BTG is not supported by any exchanges as they still have not released their code base.

So, I don't think they will issue a BTG soon.

The only exception in this case is Yobit, they have already issued the coin, but that's futures rather than the original coin. If you had balance in there, you would get 1:1 for BTC.

Today night they may issue the BTG because today it is realising to the trade market.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:23:28 AM

Bittrex is the one that promised to give you BTG coins against the BTC that you will be holding during the snapshot block that will take place at 491,407... If you would like to find more info, you could get it here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-

P.S.: The block was already generated yesterday so it's of no use as snapshot is already taken...

Esphere.in

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:09:17 PM

P.S.: The block was already generated yesterday so it's of no use as snapshot is already taken...
So when can we start moving these tokens and can we start using the coins now,i did not see any exchanges from India supporting BTG fork nor does they tell you that they will be providing the coins if you keep them in their wallet and so i moved them to my wallet and unocoin supports segwit 2x so i am bit worried on how things will go moving forward as they wont be processing bitcoin after that fork.Thinks are a bit confusing.
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:37:12 AM

Did some looking around and these are the sites/exchanges that support BTG (Bticoin gold ) . Btw , the current value as of writing is around $140 ( and falling )

• Bitfinex
    HitBTC
    Binance
    YoBit
    Exrates
    Gate.io
    Bleutrade
    Braziliex
    BitFlip

Freebitco.in will allow you to withdraw BTG once they have figured out  ( So if you have some BTC there - you will get equivalent ( 1:1 ) counts of BTG ( equivalent to the amount of BTC you had at the time of fork )

Official press release from poloniex on BTG :
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.10.24-Notice-About-Bitcoin-Gold/
Dil dil

Activity: 108
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:21:33 PM

I don't anything about the BTC as on any of the Indian sites. Still looking for a list of wallets,sites,exchanges that have a explicitly mentioned support for the BTC
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:15:32 PM

I don't anything about the BTC as on any of the Indian sites. Still looking for a list of wallets,sites,exchanges that have a explicitly mentioned support for the BTC

If I understand your question you are trying to ask if any of Indian exchanges do support the fork . Then the answer is no. No Indian sites/exchanges are supporting the bitcoin gold . And if you looking for international exchanges then check the above posts . Its already mentioned about the exchanges.
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:40:36 AM

So the BTG gold mining ecosystem is up .
https://bitcoingold.org/mine-bitcoin-gold-pool/

Did some looking around and these are the sites/exchanges that support BTG (Bticoin gold ) . Btw , the current value as of writing is around $140 ( and falling )

• Bitfinex
    HitBTC
    Binance
    YoBit
    Exrates
    Gate.io
    Bleutrade
    Braziliex
    BitFlip

Freebitco.in will allow you to withdraw BTG once they have figured out  ( So if you have some BTC there - you will get equivalent ( 1:1 ) counts of BTG ( equivalent to the amount of BTC you had at the time of fork )

Official press release from poloniex on BTG :
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.10.24-Notice-About-Bitcoin-Gold/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: