Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:11:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Being Manipulated  (Read 1249 times)
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:22:37 PM

Hello y'all, I recently noticed something about Bitcoin, it seems that the countries that have more users of the crypto are manipulating the currency behind the scene. Forget the issue of it being demand and supply. Take a look at when China brought up a regulation on bitcoin in the country, the price of bitcoin dropped rapidly, so that the rich elites can buy much of the currency during that period since the price is now lower.

This is what am guessing though and I shouldn't be criticised since we're in a free world in which nothing is free. Grin Grin Grin
yes you are right, it is like that.
it is one of the strategies for rich investors to achieve greater profits.
for those of us whose status is ordinary people, of course, the impact is less good because the price of bitcoin. but not to worry, we take only positive steps. according to my survey, when bitcoin prices fall precisely it is the beginning of the start bitcoin prices will be better and of course the price will be higher.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:27:43 PM

Hello y'all, I recently noticed something about Bitcoin, it seems that the countries that have more users of the crypto are manipulating the currency behind the scene. Forget the issue of it being demand and supply. Take a look at when China brought up a regulation on bitcoin in the country, the price of bitcoin dropped rapidly, so that the rich elites can buy much of the currency during that period since the price is now lower.

This is what am guessing though and I shouldn't be criticised since we're in a free world in which nothing is free. Grin Grin Grin

Just thinking aloud, since you know all this, why didn't you also buy in into the dip since the information of the dip is for everybody and not that its applicable to only some people to see before it then circulate to the general populace. Sometimes, I wonder how we see opportunities right in front of us decide to avoid it and then come about saying some people behind the scene. Are you in front of the scene?
This is something indescribable information. Why is China involved in here? I guess you are referring China as a real example of what manipulation is about with bitcoin. I can see no difference even without China if they really manipulate bitcoin there should be many rukes indicated with it or the system has broken. What scene are talking about? It should be the people to see before their eyes how bitcoin slowly creates a big scene in the world and that is by helping one another. The manipulation issue won't happen. We can't manipulate bitcoin either.
We can't deny the fact that China has a greater impact of the price in Bitcoin because mostly of the Whales are from China. People can't think other reason to blame if there's a manipulation in here but i guess they were just looking at the front they aren't looking at the top to see what is really happening. The internet is there for you to search everything internet gives you almost the free knowledge that you wanted to know. All you have to do is use your brain and a little common sense.

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:55:14 PM

Small traders follow big traders actions if they see price going up, they tend to buy when whales are buying, this is a domino effect and it is normal in any trading platform, and this is especially true in the cryptocurrency trading.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:55:33 PM

Looking deeply into the situation i couldn't agree more. Most of us call them sharks. They go ahead and make a bad news to manipulate the price of bitcoin and they buy them while the price is low. And knowing bitcoin would recover after the fall, they profit in a large scale.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:56:08 PM

Just thinking aloud, since you know all this, why didn't you also buy in into the dip since the information of the dip is for everybody and not that its applicable to only some people to see before it then circulate to the general populace. Sometimes, I wonder how we see opportunities right in front of us decide to avoid it and then come about saying some people behind the scene. Are you in front of the scene?
This is something indescribable information. Why is China involved in here? I guess you are referring China as a real example of what manipulation is about with bitcoin. I can see no difference even without China if they really manipulate bitcoin there should be many rukes indicated with it or the system has broken. What scene are talking about? It should be the people to see before their eyes how bitcoin slowly creates a big scene in the world and that is by helping one another. The manipulation issue won't happen. We can't manipulate bitcoin either.
We can't deny the fact that China has a greater impact of the price in Bitcoin because mostly of the Whales are from China. People can't think other reason to blame if there's a manipulation in here but i guess they were just looking at the front they aren't looking at the top to see what is really happening. The internet is there for you to search everything internet gives you almost the free knowledge that you wanted to know. All you have to do is use your brain and a little common sense.
Yes but i think it was possible in future, in current postion the users of bitcoin are increasing throughout the world therefore i think now it has become too much difficutl fot a single person or even for a group of people to manipulate the price of bitcoin, becasue of the increasing number of bitcoin investors. Now we can expect that bitcoin will be trading in its origional status and there will be no manipulation anymore.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 11:00:13 PM

Bitcoin is too huge to be manipulated completely. Aside from huge money, whales behind the manipulation are also using fake news and FUD. Bitcoin believers must HOLD dont giveup their Bitcoin to fud news.

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:15:02 PM

Long before the issue with China, bitcoin have been manipulated by whale investors. And btc manipulation is not made by China, never China. There are numerous btc whales out there that can manipulate btc any time they want that it's hard to determine if the surge is natural and organic or by manipulation. Btc price can be manipulated even by a single big whale who owns thousands of btc with just a few clicks. Take for example "Spoofy" who is allegedly manipulating btc market.
This is so true, I've been told by some people that mostly big whales come from China maybe this is the reason why do people think that China has a big impact to the bitcoin, but i don't think that their government can manipulate the price like you've just said it can be manipulated by those who hold lot of bitcoins we can't deny this fact that whales can still affect the market, but if you're talking about government regulation, I don't think so.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:16:22 AM

I know the crypto currencies can be manipulated but I don't think that country as whole can get involved into manipulation like that. The china ban was regarding regulation of ICO projects to reduce the fraudulent cases within the country and to save the money of country being traded outside the nation. This was precautionary step towards the national economy and nothing much. The effect of price drop was just panic response from the rest world.

Ahmed28

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:22:20 PM

it is so normal !! Bitcoin is like any type of currency or valued material . like petrol, gold etc....  . it is manipulated by the rich and by great power of bitcoin . if any person or group of people who have huge amount of bitcoin can manipulate the price  of bitcoin .
and manipulating bitcoin market is so easy because of huge amount of newbie trader .
ajjhu

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:27:43 PM

Very realistic idea.It is not easy to develop bitcoin today.There must be some super-investors, politically motivated investors.We are too weak to compete with them.And the feature is that the currency can let anyone from any location to participate, so that we can't stop them, you are right, the currency has been manipulated, but is more than one.
jkoin

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:31:22 PM

A subtle remark about the free world. I agree to the full 100%. Yes, the exchange rate can be manipulated and this is well used by large investors. They buy news media and TV and tell interesting but false things about bitcoins and crypto-currencies. On such news, they buy or sell crypto-loans for themselves.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 12:34:23 PM

There will always be someone trying to manipulate something in their favour. The truth however is that as Bitcoin gets more and more users this will become more and more difficult.

Catalinamixer

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:39:15 PM

It's also a function of BTC being held by a (relatively) small number of people. Also whales are hoarding majority of BTC so it makes the currency susceptible to manipulation. Over time as more ppl/institutions buy in this problem goes away...
koeb88

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:39:37 PM

Yes bitcoin can manipulated!
In fact most exchanges have a maximum of investment, and if a person/company/country uses the maximum for trading on these exchanges they can manipulate the price easy... u can see this on the charts with the very thin candles, which lasts for 1-2 minutes. So they make a lot of money right now. Only change for a small investor is, to  regularly set new buy and sell orders in their exchanges. My friend got lucky and made some insane profits with this strategy, but he only invested 5% of is total amount.

If they world join into cryptocurrency and those exchanges growth in value it will be very difficult for whales to manipulate the market. Or the have to risk billion or trillion.
Chanock

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:48:22 PM

I think yes. Because many large company, country and investor can do the manipulation to their own favor but in reality they hard to manipulate bitcoin because many user are now engage in bitcoin and they hold it even in a small amount of it. Bitcoin now are spreading and it is difficult to control.
kiboloves

Activity: 242

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Bitcoin is meant to be centralized. This will lead to more concentrated chips, so I think this is just a temporary thing. It shouldn't take long, most countries will abolish the supervision, who will cancel at the end, who will suffer the biggest loss.
jenni161

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 06:28:39 PM

I think yes. Because many large company, country and investor can do the manipulation to their own favor but in reality they hard to manipulate bitcoin because many user are now engage in bitcoin and they hold it even in a small amount of it. Bitcoin now are spreading and it is difficult to control.

Holding never affects the price of anything. If there is a day, when billion people own something but only one sell and one other byus, those two will create the price.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:11:39 PM

Yes but i think it was possible in future, in current postion the users of bitcoin are increasing throughout the world therefore i think now it has become too much difficutl fot a single person or even for a group of people to manipulate the price of bitcoin, becasue of the increasing number of bitcoin investors. Now we can expect that bitcoin will be trading in its origional status and there will be no manipulation anymore.

Yes I agree about the increasing users and yes before we all have thought that China manipulated the price of bitcoin. But I have also realised that maybe it's not China, the FUD spread out and a lot of people got scared and feared it and led to panic selling. I don't know about you guys but I think the big dip was not just by China, I think it will not be that of a big deal if it wasn't for those who have panic also.
william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:24:19 PM

I too believe Bitcoin is being manipulated.  This is unfortunate.  It is to be expected.  This technology is less than 10 years old and has a market cap of nearly 100 billion worth of usd.  That is a large amount of money.  Money makes people greedy and uncivilized.

In time regulation will come and limit the amount the market can be manipulated.  I believe this.
Dan D. Lion

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:29:44 PM

Actual manipulation is a pretty high bar to accomplish, I suppose it might have been a lot easier years ago when Bitcoin's market cap was so small, but when I think of manipulation I think of something like the Hunt brothers' attempt to corner the silver market from 1974 to 1980...a fascinating story.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: