Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Drop 6/7/13  (Read 4481 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:33:12 PM

It seems like we see a lot of sudden crashes like this recently, and then periods of slow growth, only to lose it in 12 hours or so. We don't seem to see the opposite any more, by which I mean buying that causes the price to soar, like we used to. What is going on?

We aren't in the midst of a hype cycle.

make it go back up, please.

I can't

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:40:04 PM

It seems like we see a lot of sudden crashes like this recently, and then periods of slow growth, only to lose it in 12 hours or so. We don't seem to see the opposite any more, by which I mean buying that causes the price to soar, like we used to. What is going on?

I can't

Sad
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:40:28 PM

Why not?

Seems like a good idea to cash out now before the exchanges get shutdown, Feds get too involved, and price (possibly) crashes.

In reality I bet almost everyone has bitcoin not because they want to use it for purchasing goods, but as a way to make a quick buck - Don't lie.

Honestly, if that is how you feel, nobody will miss you, and its good you are getting out now.

mgio

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:40:49 PM

I can't

You are not much of a hero member
ft73

Activity: 564
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:50:22 PM

I can't

So go look for some superhero Wink
lch

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:53:17 PM

From the graph, its looks like a crash after a bubble. Where each new peak is lower than the past. It could be a bumpy ride if this trend continues.
mgio

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:53:32 PM

I can't

So go look for some superhero Wink

Are there superhero members?
MonadTran

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:24:16 PM

Are there superhero members?

Max Keiser, where are you?
wonkytonky

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:41:31 PM

Why not?

Seems like a good idea to cash out now before the exchanges get shutdown, Feds get too involved, and price (possibly) crashes.

In reality I bet almost everyone has bitcoin not because they want to use it for purchasing goods, but as a way to make a quick buck - Don't lie.

Honestly, if that is how you feel, nobody will miss you, and its good you are getting out now.

we need all of the people.
if it's not for greed.. then maybe for freedom of money..   
it doesnt matter..   

More people to bitcoin is good. whatever their motives are

Whatever. And no you haven’t been in bitcoin since 2010. Plus if you really feel the way you do. Then sell. Have conviction. If not keep pounding sand.
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

'That Guy'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:50:26 PM

"Nobody will miss you" - ....I didn't think I was ever noticed....
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:58:00 PM

It's called a bear market.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

'That Guy'

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:02:51 PM

....With the hype gone I think the bear market is here to stay. There needs to be a real reason for people to come to BitCoin. The initial hype was generated through the soaring price as a great investment instrument. This is long gone.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:33:40 PM

....With the hype gone I think the bear market is here to stay. There needs to be a real reason for people to come to BitCoin. The initial hype was generated through the soaring price as a great investment instrument. This is long gone.

Goodbye BitCoinNewGuy, you entered the bitcoin world as a noob and now you will leave it after 75 posts as the same noob. You understand nothing about bitcoin and are just looking for a quick profit, I get it. Just buy some stocks and be happy together with Bernanke throwing freshly printed toilet paper dollar bills at you.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 10:35:04 PM

Ah woops, sorry for the wrong thread area.

Seems like now is a good idea to sell before the Feds get too involved.

I'm liquidating today, all I can sell.

yup, its going down because of all the new Jr. Members ... can't blame them they're probably only holding 50-100% profits Tongue

dontek

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:38:56 PM

Why not?

Fuck 'em. It's going to still be going strong. The more they push, the more underground it will go, and that's not a bad thing.
I keep some bitcoin, spend some bitcoin. Everyone who bought it just to hold it aren't doing a damn thing to help adaption. If it's not being used as a currency for goods or services, it won't have any value period.

SR (yeah, not the best reference, but it's the biggest monetary site to judge on) is pushing over $2million a month in funds. This shit isn't going anywhere. Bitcoin will still be used 20 years from now.

Again, if the FEDS try to jump in, let them. Bitcoin and bitcoin related sites will quickly adapt. One thing that I have learned from being active on Bitcoin related sites and their forums, the users as an overall average are some of the smartest and brightest people I have ever met, not a bunch of jack-off kids playing WoW in their moms basement.

I have faith in bitcoin. I will keep spending it while people like you cry because the price is dropping and all you were wanting to do was get rick quick.

If you're that scared and are ready to cash out, lemme know. I'll buy your shit for 10% under market value right now.

Send me your Bitcoin and I will make sure to HODL it safe for you!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 10:40:14 PM

Ah woops, sorry for the wrong thread area.

Seems like now is a good idea to sell before the Feds get too involved.

I'm liquidating today, all I can sell.

yup, its going down because of all the new Jr. Members ... can't blame them they're probably only holding 50-100% profits Tongue

Why not?

Fuck 'em. It's going to still be going strong. The more they push, the more underground it will go, and that's not a bad thing.
I keep some bitcoin, spend some bitcoin. Everyone who bought it just to hold it aren't doing a damn thing to help adaption. If it's not being used as a currency for goods or services, it won't have any value period.

SR (yeah, not the best reference, but it's the biggest monetary site to judge on) is pushing over $2million a month in funds. This shit isn't going anywhere. Bitcoin will still be used 20 years from now.

Again, if the FEDS try to jump in, let them. Bitcoin and bitcoin related sites will quickly adapt. One thing that I have learned from being active on Bitcoin related sites and their forums, the users as an overall average are some of the smartest and brightest people I have ever met, not a bunch of jack-off kids playing WoW in their moms basement.

I have faith in bitcoin. I will keep spending it while people like you cry because the price is dropping and all you were wanting to do was get rick quick.

If you're that scared and are ready to cash out, lemme know. I'll buy your shit for 10% under market value right now.

some Jr. Members "get it" tho...  Lips sealed Undecided  BUY BUY BUY  Grin

dontek

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:45:40 PM

LOL. Initially when I got into this game, I will admit, I was watching the damn price every day, because it was like a game. Like the stock market. However, I was also making myself fucking sick with anxiety. But then one day I was just like "Fuck it. Let it Ride". I used to come to this forum daily but I had to step away. Too many speculators on here and people who were looking at bitcoin as an investment or get rich quick type scheme. That's what caused the huge crash in the first place. Seriously people, stop hoarding your shit. Spend your bitcoin. Go buy more bitcoin. Spend it too!

If you're not going to spend it and are going to just keep hoarding hoping that you can be a BitCoin Millionare, then do us all a favor, cash out now and go buy fuckin' savings bonds or something. This isn't an investment. It's a currency. Use it.

It's plain to see on this forum and others the 2 types of bitcoin users: Those that get it. And those that don't. Those that don't, GTFO and let the grownups keep doing our thing.

Send me your Bitcoin and I will make sure to HODL it safe for you!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 10:55:46 PM

LOL. Initially when I got into this game, I will admit, I was watching the damn price every day, because it was like a game. Like the stock market. However, I was also making myself fucking sick with anxiety. But then one day I was just like "Fuck it. Let it Ride". I used to come to this forum daily but I had to step away. Too many speculators on here and people who were looking at bitcoin as an investment or get rich quick type scheme. That's what caused the huge crash in the first place. Seriously people, stop hoarding your shit. Spend your bitcoin. Go buy more bitcoin. Spend it too!

If you're not going to spend it and are going to just keep hoarding hoping that you can be a BitCoin Millionare, then do us all a favor, cash out now and go buy fuckin' savings bonds or something. This isn't an investment. It's a currency. Use it.

It's plain to see on this forum and others the 2 types of bitcoin users: Those that get it. And those that don't. Those that don't, GTFO and let the grownups keep doing our thing.
lol

No i will not cash out the all of my BTC! ...I worked hard for them.... i will always have a BTC saving and checking account, i will use BTC when i see fit, and i will not cash out my BTC saving unless you throw tons of cash at me, deal with it!

Cheesy

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:59:21 PM

That'd be nice. I don't see it, though.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 11:03:02 PM

we all use it
we save it
we buy S.DICE and HIM shares with it.
we trade other AltCoins for it.
we use it to make money!   ...because its better than money  Huh   Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: