Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:09:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Chips - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited Pick Up.  (Read 2523 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:26:48 AM

Can those purchasing chips go Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited and pick them up directly?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:32:43 AM

Can those purchasing chips go Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited and pick them up directly?

You wish. TSMC is the biggest semiconductor foundry in the world. This is an order of less than a million chips from some college dropout punk. They usually don't even accommodate in-person pickup for their biggest customers (billions of dollars) because it's a logistical headache and because of concerns with export restrictions and similar. The only exception is samples (sometimes).

Not to mention that the chips belong to Avalon, not you, as far as TSMC is concerned.

If you show up at their campus you will receive the polite Taiwanese version of "fuck you, get out".

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:38:17 AM

You wish. TSMC is the biggest semiconductor foundry in the world. This is an order of less than a million chips from some college dropout punk. They usually don't even accommodate in-person pickup for their biggest customers (billions of dollars) because it's a logistical headache and because of concerns with export restrictions and similar. The only exception is samples (sometimes).
Not to mention that the chips belong to Avalon, not you, as far as TSMC is concerned.
If you show up at their campus you will receive the polite Taiwanese version of "fuck you, get out".

Some of the smartest and financially-well-off people I know and work with are college dropout punks.

All things being equal, he's a multi-millionaire college dropout punk.

Just saying, you have to give him credit for having the initiative and drive to organize and pull this project off.
Vycid

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:40:51 AM

Some of the smartest and financially-well-off people I know and work with are college dropout punks.

All things being equal, he's a multi-millionaire college dropout punk.

Just saying, you have to give him credit for having the initiative and drive to organize and pull this project off.

Don't get me wrong - I have an enormous amount of respect for Yifu.

But TSMC doesn't. He's some kid with a small order to them. And we're talking about how TSMC sees the situation, not me.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:42:30 AM

No. They'll have a ton of people trying to 'pick up' the next Apple chip if that's possible. Tongue
Vycid

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:43:49 AM

No. They'll have a ton of people trying to 'pick up' the next Apple chip if that's possible. Tongue

Oh, geez, TSMC is doing Apple chips already? I guess I could have seen that coming after the Apple/Samsung legal tussle...

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:44:59 AM

Oh, geez, TSMC is doing Apple chips already? I guess I could have seen that coming after the Apple/Samsung legal tussle...

Yep, according to a few sources. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/TSMC-iPhone-Phase-5-Samsung,22423.html
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:00:25 AM

No on site pick up.  Sad  Oh well.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:02:59 AM

Even if you manage to pick up the chips from TSMC, I guess you will get a huge wafer Smiley
Need someone (fujitsu?) to cut and package the chips though.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:10:11 AM

This is an order of less than a million chips from some college dropout punk.

Well, for starters, there's Bill Gates.  And then Mark Zuckerberg.  And those two aren't just like Junior College dropouts.  They're Harvard dropouts.  Mr. Gates has gotten his honorary degree.  Zuckerberg might, if he ever stops behaving like a prick.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:23:22 AM

This is an order of less than a million chips from some college dropout punk.

Well, for starters, there's Bill Gates.  And then Mark Zuckerberg.  And those two aren't just like Junior College dropouts.  They're Harvard dropouts.  Mr. Gates has gotten his honorary degree.  Zuckerberg might, if he ever stops behaving like a prick.

I applied to Harvard. But dropped out before I even got accepted. Does that count? heheh.

Vycid

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:49:38 AM

Even if you manage to pick up the chips from TSMC, I guess you will get a huge wafer Smiley

TSMC packages.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:12:06 AM

TSMC packages.

I think Bitsyncom mentioned that Fujitsu was packaging Avalons.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Vycid

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:14:07 AM

TSMC packages.

I think Bitsyncom mentioned that Fujitsu was packaging Avalons.

Huh, interesting. Must have been cheaper.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: