Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:29:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ethermine STALES issues after fork  (Read 280 times)
opies32765 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:45:47 PM

anyone getting higher stales after the eth fork with ethermine...all of my rigs went from 1-2% to 5-8%

I have opened a ticket but nothing so far

And i have 2 locations with different IP's so i doubt its my network/router etccc

Thanks in advance
umsak

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:27:10 PM

me too.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:49:55 PM

With the decrease in average blocktime due to the fork, meaning blocks will be found faster, an increase in stale shares is to be expected. A stale share is the result of you submitted work arriving after the next block or work assignment by the pool has been generated. Basically you submitted a share for the last block and the pool is now working on the next block, thus your share is now old or stale from the point of view of working on the new block.

Your numbers do seem a bit high though, so it is possible something else is going on too, as if the block times halved your stake rates should approximately double. I believe Ethermine adjusted their share difficulty recently, so they might need to look at tweaking this back down a little if it is happening to a lot of people. I am still only at 2-3% stales on average, so it may have more impact on smaller rigs with fewer GPUs that submit shares slower.
Xianantung

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:57:51 PM

anyone getting higher stales after the eth fork with ethermine...all of my rigs went from 1-2% to 5-8%

I have opened a ticket but nothing so far

And i have 2 locations with different IP's so i doubt its my network/router etccc

Thanks in advance

My stale share is about 3%, a bit increase from the 1-2% previously.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: