Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete addresses in bitcoin qt(sortof)  (Read 1783 times)
lch (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 11:55:37 AM

I propose that a delete function be added to the "receive coin" section of bitcoin-qt.

However this function will only, move the public, private key pair into a different section of the client. This section should be labelled "junk". At any point in time, a user can go to the junk section, select a public, private key pair and "reinstate" the junked keys. Which will more the public/private key pair back to the receive coin section.

This helps me organize my addresses since most addresses are only used once.
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:33:40 PM

That would be very useful

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 01:44:59 PM

You would always want to be able to receive money to old addresses (even if you never expect to) but it does make sense to have perhaps an "Active" status that can be switched on or off (with a check box for displaying "Active Only" that is checked by default).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:50:10 PM

I would suggest the option be called "hide" because thats all you really want.

So: right click address > click "hide" from drop down menu.

Maybe have a button at the bottom that shows all addresses that you have hidden. (obviously this will not show all addresses because all the change addresses would confuse the user a lot)

Eventually a coin control feature in the default client would make managing addresses easier perhaps by allowing tags and filters (tag certain addresses as one use etc...)

Also maybe allow the user to move certain addresses to a different wallet. (When the default client can handle multiple wallets) (so a user could have a wallet just for one time addresses, another wallet for those permanent addresses that are locked at exchanges and such, and etc...)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: