Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:46:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About KNCMiner  (Read 7282 times)
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:39:24 PM

jut fyi

if u want to use a standard cell,the minimum timing to produce it is around 6 months

and this is the minimum

so i m doubtful about their promise to deliver in sept

And how many months do you think they've been planning and working on this? Reveal of work =/= start of work.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:00:45 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 11:45:24 PM by idee2013

and whats this?

http://hackaday.com/2012/06/05/open-source-graphics-card/

http://www.efytimes.com/e1/creativenews.asp?edid=51624

http://www.reddit.com/r/ECE/comments/ulbwr/orsoc_graphics_accelerator_an_open_source_lgpl/

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTExMzE

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:05:48 PM

nice one !
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:27:39 AM

ITT : Disinfo shills trying to make money via the expense of others

Correction

ITF(orum) : Disinfo shills trying to make money via the expense of others

Correction

ITC(ommunity) : Disinfo shills trying to make money via the expense of others
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:12:05 AM

Orsoc open cores initiative is nothing new.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
idee2013

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:26:30 AM

i know, but they really already had the experience with FPGAs and ASICs
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:58:15 AM

That's only part of the equation. You have design, production, administration, support etc

Maybe they can design it, but can they make it?

When it's made, can they manage the orders/shipping/payment etc?

When they fail, can they give the right support?
idee2013

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:23:57 AM

That's only part of the equation. You have design, production, administration, support etc

you want to say that you have a good support from Avalon and BFL?
KS

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:44:29 AM

Did I mention any other ASIC company? No
Did I imply what you said? No

Getting one step done more or less right does not guarantee the others will be done right or at all. These steps are all separate and all important, necessary things that each and every company should be able to do, so, again, completing one step is no guarantee that the others will be completed and no guarantee for success.

To stay on topic, KNCMINER borked the ordering process, which is really not difficult to implement and that worries me about the administration/support bit. They're in early production stage, so we'll see what happens there.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:03:37 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 10:46:42 PM by Bitcoinorama

Yo, update!:

Re: BitcoinOrama Report on the KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day Mon 10/06/13 (Stockholm)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232852.msg2503674#msg2503674

Haz videoz!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:03:54 PM

If the standard by which vendors are to be judged are those two dysfunctional businesses, everybody has big problems going forward.

That said, everything I've seen and read indicates that they will try to reset the bar.  And in this business at this time, try is probably all we can ask for.
Loredo

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:14:34 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't see what's wrong here, other than the reddit is some guys discussing rendering fails on some Mozilla hack they've done.

What am I missing?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:47:20 PM

Getting one step done more or less right does not guarantee the others will be done right or at all. These steps are all separate and all important, necessary things that each and every company should be able to do, so, again, completing one step is no guarantee that the others will be completed and no guarantee for success.

To stay on topic, KNCMINER borked the ordering process, which is really not difficult to implement and that worries me about the administration/support bit. They're in early production stage, so we'll see what happens there.

they didn't mess up the ordering process, you just didnt like it.   You wanted some realtime exact status and they just want to put down some rules and then go back and sort it out. same difference

you have to know people are going game any system put up..  how about those customers that placed like 8 different pre-orders in so they could sell them later one by one.. kncminer had to deal with these things and when they send out the next note it'll be pretty clear that had a handle of it from the start

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:51:42 PM

they didn't mess up the ordering process, you just didnt like it.   You wanted some realtime exact status and they just want to put down some rules and then go back and sort it out. same difference

you have to know people are going game any system put up..  how about those customers that placed like 8 different pre-orders in so they could sell them later one by one.. kncminer had to deal with these things and when they send out the next note it'll be pretty clear that had a handle of it from the start

Apparently only 15-20 pre-order spots were sold by the end of open-day itself, and thus the pre-order window closing point. Most chose to buy. Sam said this last Monday to all those in attendance.

LizardBitCoin

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:31:24 AM

they didn't mess up the ordering process, you just didnt like it.   You wanted some realtime exact status and they just want to put down some rules and then go back and sort it out. same difference

you have to know people are going game any system put up..  how about those customers that placed like 8 different pre-orders in so they could sell them later one by one.. kncminer had to deal with these things and when they send out the next note it'll be pretty clear that had a handle of it from the start

Apparently only 15-20 pre-order spots were sold by the end of open-day itself, and thus the pre-order window closing point. Most chose to buy. Sam said this last Monday to all those in attendance.

I'm sorry, this confuses me a bit.  It seems to be a contradictory statement.  Which leads me to believe I don't understand what you're saying.

What do you mean end of open-day? Was that 2 weeks ago when they first started accepting payment? I had a pre-order before but the number is 1801.  I paid within the first 48 hours hoping to be a part of the lottery drawing.  As you might imagine I'm getting a bit excited waiting to learn what my order placement is.  Do you think I'd be in the mystical first 500? 
Loredo

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:40:48 AM

High risk, high rewards.

or, high risk, zero reward.. i think the latter

Yet, you're offering a group shared purchase of their units?!!:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228707.msg2408244#msg2408244

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228700.msg2408200#msg2408200

How very hypocritical, and irresponsible of you. What a wonderful person you are! Good luck with that...

Yes, Charles?  This is Goldman Sachs calling.  You've been recommended to us as someone who might be a perfect fit for our Institutional Investor Risk Hedge Products program.  Can we talk?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:48:19 AM

very nice to hear - it was a nice gesture and glad that they didnt get burned.  It seemed like a circus at first

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:50:22 AM

What do you mean end of open-day? Was that 2 weeks ago when they first started accepting payment? I had a pre-order before but the number is 1801.  I paid within the first 48 hours hoping to be a part of the lottery drawing.  As you might imagine I'm getting a bit excited waiting to learn what my order placement is.  Do you think I'd be in the mystical first 500? 

Haven't a clue, but by the sounds of the numbers they intend to produce daily, any delay would be insignificant in the scheme of things...

idee2013

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:50:16 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 06:13:59 AM by idee2013

I'm sorry, but I don't see what's wrong here, other than the reddit is some guys discussing rendering fails on some Mozilla hack they've done.

What am I missing?

you have missed nothing. i wanted to post that they have made good work in the past and show that the topic opener did not write the truth .
of course, i wanted to post all i have found and from where. Of cause this there is the mozilla bug. And of course the mozilla issue has nothing to do with the opengpu

here 2 more:

http://hackaday.com/2012/06/05/open-source-graphics-card/

http://www.efytimes.com/e1/creativenews.asp?edid=51624
KS

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:23:13 AM

they didn't mess up the ordering process, you just didnt like it.   You wanted some realtime exact status and they just want to put down some rules and then go back and sort it out. same difference

you have to know people are going game any system put up..  how about those customers that placed like 8 different pre-orders in so they could sell them later one by one.. kncminer had to deal with these things and when they send out the next note it'll be pretty clear that had a handle of it from the start

I'm sorry, you're absolutely right. They had clearly indicated on their website that the pre-orders were in fact only a measure of interest. Then they perfectly clearly stated that your pre-orders were in fact cancelled so the real pre-orders could take place. Then they clearly told everyone who had pre-ordered that their pre-orders were in fact not in the order they thought they were but they were so chummy you could resell your pre-order number to get your final pre-order number, which was in fact not the real pre-order number.

You do realize the order process should be like "click on the order button and you're in the queue" right?

Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: