Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:54:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESERVED AUCTION] Gold plated Casascius Bearer Bar - 0.001 BTC Funded.  (Read 841 times)
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:29:57 PM

Own a piece of Bitcoin History.  Rare, limited edition Casascius Bitcoin Bearer Bar.

0.45 BTC starting bit.
0.01 Increments.

bona fide bids will post unused btc address with funded with bid amount.

BUY NOW PRICE: 1.00 BTC

Bar was purchased from Casascius "unfunded" but there is 0.001 BTC on the address.

You can check the Casascius address list here.

http://www.casascius.com/fulllist.txt

This bar was received and held unprotected so there are scratches and blemished on the bar as you can see from the photos below but its still a pretty item.

I reserve the right to reject any bit under 1 BTC.

Shipping included in purchase price.

Thank you.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:30:10 PM

[RESERVED]
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:37:57 PM

What does this mean "bona fide bids will post unused btc address with funded with bid amount." ??

Why would I waste a tx fee just to prove that I have enough to even "bid" on this item??

Hmm.  Good point.  (it's been a while since I've moved my btc!)  I received  a bunch of PM bids from newbies with big red WARNING banners.

Just post your bids.  I'll update.

Thanks.
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:06:33 PM

I have a similar bar, protected and in perfect condition Wink .. this bars are beautiful i paid for my bar inclusive of shipping and import tax near 1.5 btc ... beautiful casascius item Smiley good luck whit this auction
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:27:08 PM

I have a similar bar, protected and in perfect condition Wink .. this bars are beautiful i paid for my bar inclusive of shipping and import tax near 1.5 btc ... beautiful casascius item Smiley good luck whit this auction

Interesting.  Good to know.  Unfortunately this bar was not protected but it's still a beauty.  I had some crazy bids in PM and else were so I put  this auction up but it's not had any traction.  I don't need to sell so I'll just hang on to it until I get a good bid.

These item will end up being museum pieces once cryptocurrency takes over the world!

Thanks.
dolphriends

Activity: 1736
Merit: 440

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:33:49 PM

This bar may very well end up in a museum someday.  How many were made?
RealHummer

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:51:18 AM

you say reserved auction but whens the auction end? Ill go .45
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:04:15 AM

0.46 providing there is an updated end date and escrow.

space for rent, shilling for sats
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:11:55 AM

in 2014 (2015?) i got a pair of bars like this in near-mint condition witht he plastic wrap still intact and i think the price was around 1-1.2BTC at the time

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:11:41 AM

in 2014 (2015?) i got a pair of bars like this in near-mint condition witht he plastic wrap still intact and i think the price was around 1-1.2BTC at the time

I have buyed this in June 2017.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:59:03 PM

I have buyed this in June 2017.

good to know. a lot of the common casascius items lose the BTC premium as bitcoin price skyrockets, but the small batch stuff seems to retain it a lot better.

These bars look fantastic too. ive left mine in the kludgy plastic wrap, but one day i want to look at a proper aethetic method of preserving it (maybe a special type of lamination/vaccuum-seal pouch that doesnt have any folds/creases, or having a custom airtite molded?)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
dolphriends

Activity: 1736
Merit: 440

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:16:38 PM

Unless the value is keeping par with the price of bitcoin it is hard for me to justify bidding.  It doesn't contain much bitcoin.  It does look really cool though.  Good luck with the auction.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:46:40 PM

Just like bitcoin.  It's all perceived value.  Its a collectors item.  A piece of bitcoin history.  A 1933 Double eagle is now worth $7.6 million.   You never know.  Your grandkids will thank you.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/53557/10-most-expensive-coins-and-banknotes-world

I still have btc for which I paid $2.50.  If there is something I want or like I'll pay a few BTC for it.  Great value to the receiver but no skin off my back.  Price is relative.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:24:32 AM

Just like bitcoin.  It's all perceived value.  Its a collectors item.  A piece of bitcoin history.  A 1933 Double eagle is now worth $7.6 million.   You never know.  Your grandkids will thank you.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/53557/10-most-expensive-coins-and-banknotes-world

I still have btc for which I paid $2.50.  If there is something I want or like I'll pay a few BTC for it.  Great value to the receiver but no skin off my back.  Price is relative.

exactly. the gold/silver coins have done quite well in value, considering they went for ~1.15BTC originally and now fetch 2+BTC (i think up to 3.2btc at one point in 2015?)

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:30:37 AM

Unless the value is keeping par with the price of bitcoin it is hard for me to justify bidding.  It doesn't contain much bitcoin.  It does look really cool though.  Good luck with the auction.

Casascius coins or bars or Casascius anything are what started it all, like BCB said it’s going to go down in history as the first “physicalBTC” which helped many who learn better visually,  grasp the BTC concept. The growing popularity in this collecting is certainly not hurting.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 06:21:52 AM

Casascius coins or bars or Casascius anything are what started it all, like BCB said it’s going to go down in history as the first “physicalBTC” which helped many who learn better visually,  grasp the BTC concept. The growing popularity in this collecting is certainly not hurting.

Casascius was not the first though... Bitbills were first!
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:45:42 PM

Casascius was not the first though... Bitbills were first!

I stand corrected. But the first standalone coins/bars? Curious how many BitBills were made? Have no BTC bills of any sort and I find that problematic  Cheesy

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:45:58 PM

I'm not sure bitbills were ever that popular.  I never had any real interest in them.  Never made sense to me.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:37:15 AM

0.46 providing there is an updated end date and escrow.

Still buying?
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:29:16 AM

not without an updated end date. suggest you re run your auction with some standard conditions.

space for rent, shilling for sats
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: