Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:48:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in alts in 2018.  (Read 1974 times)
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:28:30 PM

I have 1500 soferox coins and they'd be selling for 0.18$ per coin after the ICO ends (according to them) so that's about 270$ and I'm planing on investing that smaller sum into some alt-coin. Any recommendations? I'm not that much in the alt-coin story so not quite well known with the market. I was thinking of ETH or some bigger coin, but what about the smaller ones?
If you are new to Altcoins, then do good research on ICO's, read the whitepaper carefully, check the ICO's webpage and look into the team behind that project.
Samueltalk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

My advice Eth has an opportunity to invest in the future, if you want to make a lot of money.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:30:49 PM

You should not just fix a date and invest in altcoins though. You should patiently wait and observer for some time before investing because there is a chance you might suffer from a loss. You should also take into consideration the price of bitcoin at that time as it is increasing rapidly now. It might cause a problem for altcoins.
tronghai123

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:41:28 PM

I think the entry into ETH will definitely give everyone a good choice because the altcoin is well developed by the community and will soon reach a high price.
numiv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:43:01 PM

To invest in much bigger coins would be a smart idea as nowadays it's hard to predict whether the small altcoins would be profitable or not, and besides there are a lot of scams right here.And secondly  if the price of Bitcoin will be increasing like this way, investors may fear to invest their money.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:35:51 PM

Investing in alts in 2018 is probably one of the worst things you can do with your money. Altcoins were already extremely high risk vs reward, but now that Ethereum is switching to PoS this has huge implications moving forward because it will be that much harder to create an ERC20 token and launch an ICO. ICO's will become worthless. They only had value because of ETH and BTC together.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████