Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:17:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I export a WIF (Wallet Import Format) file from Armory?  (Read 368 times)
ledsgo (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:18:49 PM

Hi, I would like to transfer my bitcoin from Armory to Exodus.

I need to input a WIF file in Exodus to do ithe transfer but I can not figure out how to export the file from Armory.

I need your advice.

Thanks!
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 06:49:10 PM

There is no such thing as a "WIF file". WIF is not a file type, it is an encoding for private keys. You can get your private keys from Armory is WIF format by going to Wallet Properties > Backup This Wallet > Export Key Lists. The WIF format private keys are labeled as PrivBase58. You should also check the box "omit spaces" at the bottom of the window so that the keys can be easily imported.

ledsgo (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:59:38 PM

There is no such thing as a "WIF file". WIF is not a file type, it is an encoding for private keys. You can get your private keys from Armory is WIF format by going to Wallet Properties > Backup This Wallet > Export Key Lists. The WIF format private keys are labeled as PrivBase58. You should also check the box "omit spaces" at the bottom of the window so that the keys can be easily imported.

Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: