Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop after fork 25th  (Read 3378 times)
traderperspective (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:25:12 PM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?   
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
babyshaun

Activity: 230
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:54:16 PM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?   

we do not know what really happens to forking bitcoin.. for me in the middle of forking bitcoin will pump it or dump it and after forking bitcoin will rise until to the moon just like swaping of bcc. All of investor bitcoin he all avail the bitcoin gold. But i dont know what happens for the bitcoin gold will rise or dump.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:03:43 PM

we do not know what really happens to forking bitcoin.. for me in the middle of forking bitcoin will pump it or dump it and after forking bitcoin will rise until to the moon just like swaping of bcc. All of investor bitcoin he all avail the bitcoin gold. But i dont know what happens for the bitcoin gold will rise or dump.

I think btc will drop the value after the hard fork. Just like what happen before on bitcoin cash, btc value had a little dump. Yes, it is hard to speculate on the bitcoin price value maybe after the hard fork it will continue to increase.
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:36:52 PM

Actually I am personally expecting to see the price of Bitcoin rise after the upcoming forks. Once they are out of the way I expect to see less turmoil and thus more people interested in buying Bitcoin. We saw a very similar outcome after the Segwit fork ended and Bitcoin’s price doubled.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:39:47 PM

no. i don't think bitcoin gold will be big enough to be commensurate with the fall. the fall will happen because everyone loaded up on their freebie and they'll run into alts but they're probably gonna be disappointed with the end result.

still, it was a fun lesson for alts and i fully expect more people will attempt the same tricks in the future to pump bitcoin and their new shitcoin too. bch set a precedent that i really hope fades away as soon as possible.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:45:52 PM

I think the price of bitcoin gold will not be the same price as bitcoin i think the price will be still depends in how much people are holding those bitcoin gold.. For we do not know what will be the real price of bitcoin gold and i think it should be price in demand and supply.. or it will be the same price of bitcoin cash when the fork was done..
The price of bitcoin after the fork expect that the price could be decrease because they are just investing right now in bitcoin because they wanted to get the benefits of getting free coins if you are holding lots of bitcoin in your wallet.. the same what happen in bitcoin cash.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:10:52 PM

Speculation thread here. As subject says I am expecting it to happen. Last we all expects that after the two coins spliting from bitcoin. We expect that we will face the situation dump more than 1000$ but fortunately bitcoin value and other top altcoins value bumps up. Hence, many investors are coming to invest on bitcoin and blockchain technology.
As we expected price bump in this time fork, bitcoin price may falls down as unexpected.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:14:40 PM

According to my knowledge on TA I wait dropping of BTC after it will reach 6400.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:36:32 PM

I don't think that the continued rise in the price of bitcoin has anything to do with the expected value of  the new forked coin, bitcoingold. It has all to do with the benefit the people' had with past experience with bitcoincash fork in August. Every btc holder now looks forward to the oncoming fork and wouldn't want to sell off. So, there are few btc in circulation  and this little supply is bending to the tune of the highest bidder thereby driving the price on the rise.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:16:44 PM

Based on what has happened in August 2017 when there was a splitting like what we may likely experience in 25 October, the price went upward and that is when we have a pump from $1650 to close to $4000. I don't think the price of bitcoin gold has been price up into bitcoin. Like bitcoin Cash has to chart it part I think bitcoin gold has to chart it's onw part too.  Though many people are saying that bitcoin gold is going to be great than bitcoin Cash I do not see different event here.we are not going to see an investment splitting but a hardfork and a splitting of mining. Don't expect too much to happen than what we have already experienced in the past.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:21:13 PM

Expect that there's a dip in this coming fork and Bitcoin Gold is just like the same of those alt coins that were created. Pricing of this new coin will depends from the market supply and demand on how much is the coin that is being distributed.

LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:47:49 PM

It will just be another shitcoin that tried to topple bitcoins. I don't think it will ever prosper and replace bitcoins as it is now. It will also just be free money for everyone holding bitcoins and that makes the whales a lot richer that it is now. I think it's becoming something of a profit generating scheme than just creating something good out of code. That's the sad truth about this.
coindomain

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:11:16 PM

Yes, the value of Bitcoin Gold should be already priced into the current price of BTC and we should see a BTC price drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork. The reason is that detailed information about Bitcoin Gold is already available, therefore people can incorporate this information in BTC price.
bitcub

Activity: 951

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 11:21:32 PM

BTC will continue to rise even theres a fork. But If fork happened after BTC taps the top. There will be a great dump. I am planning to sell all my BTC as USD when we reached the top.

mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:44:54 PM

BTC will continue to rise even theres a fork. But If fork happened after BTC taps the top. There will be a great dump. I am planning to sell all my BTC as USD when we reached the top.

I think there will be a bitcoin drops happen after the hard fork. But in bitcoin gold for me it will not continuing to rise into the price of btc. Well, let's see what will happen after the hard fork on 25th.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:14:22 AM

I am pretty sure that there will be a drop on price after the fork and definitely this is a good opportunity to buy more coins. Also i am speculating that the price will also recover quickly and we will reach $7000 - $7500 before the year end.
 Of course this is all speculation but hoping to be true.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:23:04 AM

The last time there was a fork bitcoin went up in price after the hard fork, so I do not see why do you think the price of bitcoin is going to go down, besides there is going to be another fork in November and that is going to make people to want to hold their bitcoin and since that will make the supply of bitcoin to go down and the demand is going to go up then that is the perfect recipe for another rise in the price.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
jackfruit

Activity: 416

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:34:51 AM

There is another fork just a month after 25th. Unless you are a day trader, i wouldn't worry much about it. Just stick with your Bitcoins and make sure to keep them safe. I think 2018 will be a great year for Bitcoin. There was always a thread popping up on the forums asking whether or not BTC will see 10k one day. Today, we ask "when" Bitcoin will se 10k. I guess i kind of made my point.   Wink
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:10:52 AM

At the moment nobody can predict what may happen within 8 days,but nobody knows how will the market react to it. But it was time to see a downtrend since it was up for a lot of time, and has been rising in price very fast. I think that the price of btg will be around 150 dollars or maybe a little more but it all depends on how the market reacts once everyone receives their coins.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

HARRYscotter

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:31:16 AM

Everyone can have its opinion but it's a fact nobody really knows what is going to happen after 25th. IMO I think it will take a dip simply because the last rally was based on the possibility of BTC holders guarantee their share of Bitcoin Gold and if this the higher price we get before the fork than most certanly we will see a dip after people get their part.

But hey, I hope it keeps on rising.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: