Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:25:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop after fork 25th  (Read 3382 times)
tj4dmx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:13:37 AM

no. i don't think bitcoin gold will be big enough to be commensurate with the fall. the fall will happen because everyone loaded up on their freebie and they'll run into alts but they're probably gonna be disappointed with the end result.

still, it was a fun lesson for alts and i fully expect more people will attempt the same tricks in the future to pump bitcoin and their new shitcoin too. bch set a precedent that i really hope fades away as soon as possible.

Seems you spoke my mind word by word !!
tj4dmx

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:19:20 AM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?  
I don't think that the continued rise in the price of bitcoin has anything to do with the expected value of  the new forked coin, bitcoingold. It has all to do with the benefit the people' had with past experience with bitcoincash fork in August. Every btc holder now looks forward to the oncoming fork and wouldn't want to sell off. So, there are few btc in circulation  and this little supply is bending to the tune of the highest bidder thereby driving the price on the rise.

Absolutely,the scarcity of btc due to its low supply to high demand because investors are holding on to btc due to the fork will DEFINITELY lead to high price of btc after the fork. Such is phonenmenom and not a miracle whatsoever !!!
tj4dmx

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:23:34 AM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?   
Based on what has happened in August 2017 when there was a splitting like what we may likely experience in 25 October, the price went upward and that is when we have a pump from $1650 to close to $4000. I don't think the price of bitcoin gold has been price up into bitcoin. Like bitcoin Cash has to chart it part I think bitcoin gold has to chart it's onw part too.  Though many people are saying that bitcoin gold is going to be great than bitcoin Cash I do not see different event here.we are not going to see an investment splitting but a hardfork and a splitting of mining. Don't expect too much to happen than what we have already experienced in the past.

It is glaring to me that bch outcome would be better than than bitcoin gold both in the short term and long term. So i am not expecting much from bitcoin gold.

Moreover,bitcoin gold dev team are kind of shady !!!
tj4dmx

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:28:02 AM

Yes, the value of Bitcoin Gold should be already priced into the current price of BTC and we should see a BTC price drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork. The reason is that detailed information about Bitcoin Gold is already available, therefore people can incorporate this information in BTC price.

You are HIGHLY wrong.
The opposite will be the event thats gonna happen.
tj4dmx

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:34:52 AM

The last time there was a fork bitcoin went up in price after the hard fork, so I do not see why do you think the price of bitcoin is going to go down, besides there is going to be another fork in November and that is going to make people to want to hold their bitcoin and since that will make the supply of bitcoin to go down and the demand is going to go up then that is the perfect recipe for another rise in the price.

Absolutely !
Well said !!
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:39:43 AM

we do not know what really happens to forking bitcoin.. for me in the middle of forking bitcoin will pump it or dump it and after forking bitcoin will rise until to the moon just like swaping of bcc. All of investor bitcoin he all avail the bitcoin gold. But i dont know what happens for the bitcoin gold will rise or dump.

I think btc will drop the value after the hard fork. Just like what happen before on bitcoin cash, btc value had a little dump. Yes, it is hard to speculate on the bitcoin price value maybe after the hard fork it will continue to increase.

I'm almost positive that those who dumped before the last fork are kicking themselves right now. They probably thought the price would go down; they now know that the price will rise after the fork based on how many people will dump the forked coin and buy straight Bitcoin.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
tj4dmx

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:42:26 AM

I don't know man, as far as I've read Bitcoin gold's developer will have pre-mine coins before launching BTG. this is somehow fishy, BTG will be a shitty coin because of what the developers are planning and it might better to drop this coin before growing and having their own cult (like with bitcoin cash)
BTC drop would likely to happen because of "FUD" and fear on the price decreasing after the fork on 25th.

Wow...,earlier on my post,i used a particular word to describe BTG which you also used !
BTG is nothing but "FISHY"

Maybe Bitcoin gold (BTG) should be rename Bitcoin fishy (BTF)
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:53:34 AM

Btc hard fork already being priced. After hard fork we will see a price drop due jumping in altcoins.
Altcoin prices are very low now. whales will start buying after fork.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1238

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 05:54:31 AM

we do not know what really happens to forking bitcoin.. for me in the middle of forking bitcoin will pump it or dump it and after forking bitcoin will rise until to the moon just like swaping of bcc. All of investor bitcoin he all avail the bitcoin gold. But i dont know what happens for the bitcoin gold will rise or dump.

I think btc will drop the value after the hard fork. Just like what happen before on bitcoin cash, btc value had a little dump. Yes, it is hard to speculate on the bitcoin price value maybe after the hard fork it will continue to increase.

I'm almost positive that those who dumped before the last fork are kicking themselves right now. They probably thought the price would go down; they now know that the price will rise after the fork based on how many people will dump the forked coin and buy straight Bitcoin.

Same goes with BCC and many people though that bitcoins would dump badly after that BCC came out but the confusion has been eliminated when the BCC came out and no investors splits there decision upon on what coin they would choose. And those events will be the same with BCC since the main scenario for what I see is the dumping of the bitcoin golds and people would go again to the original ones.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:02:26 AM

I'm not sure if the price of Bitcoin gold will be as high as bitcoin but I think it's not just like the bitcoin cash. Bitcoin may drop after the fork like what happen on the first one but I'm sure it will soon recover and will give a good value besides since the demand in bitcoin continuously increasing I don't think the value will ever go down again.

Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:15:08 AM

At the moment nobody can predict what may happen within 8 days,but nobody knows how will the market react to it. But it was time to see a downtrend since it was up for a lot of time, and has been rising in price very fast. I think that the price of btg will be around 150 dollars or maybe a little more but it all depends on how the market reacts once everyone receives their coins.
This speculation is a speculation that I like, because here we will find a lot of opinions. Many will say bitcoin will drop after a hard fork and many people say bitcoin will increase more than before. I agree with your opinion, of course we will never know and we will not be able to predict it. It is clear that BTG prices will not reach like the price reached by bitcoin.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1238

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:23:25 AM

At the moment nobody can predict what may happen within 8 days,but nobody knows how will the market react to it. But it was time to see a downtrend since it was up for a lot of time, and has been rising in price very fast. I think that the price of btg will be around 150 dollars or maybe a little more but it all depends on how the market reacts once everyone receives their coins.
This speculation is a speculation that I like, because here we will find a lot of opinions. Many will say bitcoin will drop after a hard fork and many people say bitcoin will increase more than before. I agree with your opinion, of course we will never know and we will not be able to predict it. It is clear that BTG prices will not reach like the price reached by bitcoin.

Actually you can read so many funny,impossible and amazing predictions and its good thing since it can make bitcoin more speculative and it can create little exposure to come up and maybe this little talks can make bitcoins go pump since it can hype the ongoing fork. And also I really don't think for BTG to come to the level of BTC since there are so many factors that needed to consider and the BTG holders will just want to earn with the current hype happening on that coin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:02:24 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 06:05:12 AM by Epimetheus

We can most probably see a price drop in bitcoin and also the mining profitability will be more in case of bitcoin gold in the first few days as like that of bitcoin cash. So I will keep an eye on bitcoin gold and its mining if there would be any as I don't want to miss it like in the case of bitcoin cash.
olivierc

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:11:41 AM

BTC Gold has such a minor interest from bitcoin community, that the impact of the value will be very low.

The real topic now is the Segwit2X fork.
terrific

Activity: 2170
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:24:10 AM

It's possible that there will be a drop after the fork because every one will turn away their bitcoin gold immediately and will just get the profit from it. It's either everyone will just get the profit and will go away and hold those profits or they'll put it again into another alt coin of their choice.

BTC Gold has such a minor interest from bitcoin community, that the impact of the value will be very low.

The real topic now is the Segwit2X fork.

Well this is what I observed too on what's happening now.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:29:17 AM

We can most probably see a price drop in bitcoin and also the mining profitability will be more in case of bitcoin gold in the first few days as like that of bitcoin cash.

No people will hold their recently bought Bitcoin as long as we not have any clarity if B2X will definitely happen or not.
And in terms of mining, Bitcoin Gold is GPU mining! Therefore this won't have any impact on Bitcoin's hashrate!
What could happen: People sell their Bgold and increase their Bitcoin position in anticipation of the B2X fork.
trifiz

Activity: 269
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:34:39 AM

Everyone can have its opinion but at the moment nobody can predict what may happen within 8 days,but nobody knows how will the market react to it. But it was time to see a downtrend since it was up for a lot of time, and has been rising in price very fast. I think that the price of btg will be around 150 dollars or maybe a little more but it all depends on how the market reacts once everyone receives their coins.
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 10:53:00 AM

Everyone can have its opinion but at the moment nobody can predict what may happen within 8 days,but nobody knows how will the market react to it. But it was time to see a downtrend since it was up for a lot of time, and has been rising in price very fast. I think that the price of btg will be around 150 dollars or maybe a little more but it all depends on how the market reacts once everyone receives their coins.

So 3% of a BTC ? Market cap at 420,000 BTC it'll be 6th...

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:58:39 AM

Only certain is that everything is highly unpredictable, and who knows what kind of manipulations can take place in those days.I believe BTC will rise to 10k but this doesn't mean this must happen immediately after fork. It might happen fudsters and other trololo masters win the game for some short time..BTG is good opportunity for GPU miners so they will switch to it, this will bring new troubles for altcoins..Such as ETC ETH ZEC.. Price can fall drastically. But this won't last long ..Good opportunities for traders.
Lord of the Lies

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:29:59 AM

a drop isn't guaranteed. my bet is to hold btc for now, get the btg, and then wait for the right time to dump btg

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: