Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop after fork 25th  (Read 3382 times)
sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:34:41 PM

I think this is the case, though I do expect BTC to continue rising until the day of the fork, I then expect a very sudden fall back down to about 5k.

If the fall is so insignificant - then we need not be afraid. But if bitcoin drops to 3000, many will worry and panic sell coins

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:42:24 PM

it can drop the price is growing since yesterday so a fall shouldn't occur but i found out that this growth is only happening because of the new coin I'm not sure the price shouldn't fall according to me if it does i will sell it right away
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 07:53:07 PM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?   

The price of bitcoin gold is depending on how many people will be doing transactions with it by the time of hard fork. But what's going to happen is the same like bitcoin cash, at the first moment of it the price can possibly pump but later on it will decrease because of sell orders and it will make everyone to sell their bitcoin gold. I don't have hope with this coin anymore, their website isn't even strong in terms of security, they've got an attacked DDOS.

wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:20:27 PM

There is another fork just a month after 25th. Unless you are a day trader, i wouldn't worry much about it. Just stick with your Bitcoins and make sure to keep them safe. I think 2018 will be a great year for Bitcoin. There was always a thread popping up on the forums asking whether or not BTC will see 10k one day. Today, we ask "when" Bitcoin will se 10k. I guess i kind of made my point.   Wink
I do not know about that, this year has been the year of crypto, altcoins went up a lot and now bitcoin is doing the same, I do not know how much energy we have left, personally I think the next year is going to be a year of stagnation where not much is going to happen, the price is going to move of course but not that much, I think we are not going to see 10k until 2019.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:29:56 PM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?   

Right now yes i think it is priced into bitcoin's current price like we've seen with bitcoin cash.

However, i don't think that we're going to see much of a drop off if any at all. Just like bitcoin cash, after it happened the price actually boosted up. The fact of the matter is that pre-fork there is a lot of uncertainty and after fork, price may actually go up.
alaeddine1azer

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:32:09 PM

The bitcoin will drop after the fork but it will rise and boost up again to break new records  Grin
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:55:03 PM

let me tell something NO ONE has any idea what will happen after the hard fork; don't base your financial decisions on people's opinion here. sure if someone has an educated guess try and understand their reasoning and come up with own opinion.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:01:22 PM

BTC drop after fork 25th yes for sure because people want get free bitcoingold
then sell ....the price will drop to 3000 again
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:03:17 AM

I think this is the case, though I do expect BTC to continue rising until the day of the fork, I then expect a very sudden fall back down to about 5k.
I expect a hard dump after Bitcoin holders have made good their claims for the resultant forked coin, bitcoingold. The plunge will hit the market once the whales pull out their money and the so many small holders will sell off so hard in panic that they will run into loses. I see Bitcoin retracing to the $3000 region. However, if the retracement and corrections are minor to just with $4000 region, then that means Bitcoin will likely get to $10,000 before the end of 2017.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:15:37 AM

well, I do not really expect that to happen, but it looks like it's really going to happen. because there will be so many people who sell the bitcoin they have. besides, I also hope that altcoin price will go up, because at the moment, altcoin price really goes down.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
frmracc

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:51:22 AM

I don't think the value of bitcoin gold can beat the bitcoin price, i think it will be same like bitcoin cash case. The price of bitcoin gold will fall after the hype is done. What i'm afraid is after the fork finish, the bitcoin price will fall or not. Because most of people buying bitcoins because of bitcoin gold.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:52:15 AM

The price of bitcoin gold is depending on how many people will be doing transactions with it by the time of hard fork. But what's going to happen is the same like bitcoin cash, at the first moment of it the price can possibly pump but later on it will decrease because of sell orders and it will make everyone to sell their bitcoin gold. I don't have hope with this coin anymore, their website isn't even strong in terms of security, they've got an attacked DDOS.

I don't think there will be a bitcoingold pump at all. Bitcoincash had some heavy duty supporters (like Jihan of Bitmain), but bitcoingold looks to be a bit shady with a premine. So I doubt it will get pumped.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:07:26 PM

I don't think there will be a bitcoingold pump at all. Bitcoincash had some heavy duty supporters (like Jihan of Bitmain), but bitcoingold looks to be a bit shady with a premine. So I doubt it will get pumped.

At the August month ,Bitcoin Cash is come into process.What it do to the bitcoin.I think nothing.It only raise the value of bitcoin in the market.Before the August the price of bitcoin is only 2500$.I think all of us know this.But after the fork ,the price of bitcoin is increased gradually and in a periods of 10 days,it raise the value of 3500$.A 1000$ increase in 10 days.So like that after the fork the price may reduce before the fork value and then it will get it's original vaue and again start to raise day to day.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:41:11 PM

I don't think the value of bitcoin gold can beat the bitcoin price
You got that right.

i think it will be same like bitcoin cash case.
That's very unlikely, considering that there aren't any (known) insanely wealthy entities standing behind this project. People only 'hype' about this chain split because they assume it will be similar to how things went with Bitcoin Cash, but as I said, that's very unlikely. People are just speculating, ahum, gambling their money on a positive outcome, and that's really it.

The price of bitcoin gold will fall after the hype is done.
Not only because of the hype that will be vanishing, but also because this coin is extremely obsolete in the altcoin market. It adds nothing of significance to the table -> it's nothing more than a blatant attempt to obtain millions in profits instantly, where they then move to the next split project. It's not the first, and definitely not the last.

What i'm afraid is after the fork finish, the bitcoin price will fall or not. Because most of people buying bitcoins because of bitcoin gold.
Again, speculation. If the price does happen to fall down because some greedy idiots were buying themselves into Bitcoin, solely for the purpose of obtaining split coins, then so be it. Nothing that you can do about it.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:47:53 PM

I think that the price will drop definitely. The fact that people are holding bitcoins for the purpose of receiving the free coins I have no doubt. I have my doubts about the appropriateness of this. If you now to sell bitcoins for $ 6000 and not to bitcoin gold can be much more profitable than selling bitcoin at $ 5,000 after the fork and get the coins which will cost a few cents.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:19:57 PM

I think that many people here mix the bitcoin gold fork up with the 2x fork. Simply because the dates for both forks are very close together.
And I suppose that is exactly what the inventors of bitcoin gold are counting on.

To me the bitcoin gold split is irrelevant to bitcoin.
But the 2x fork is not. In my eyes the price increase of bitcoin that we see at the moment is a result of this fork.
To be on the safe side, people buy bitcoin now in order to have both coins after the fork.

It's me!!!
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:27:03 PM

I think that many people here mix the bitcoin gold fork up with the 2x fork. Simply because the dates for both forks are very close together.
And I suppose that is exactly what the inventors of bitcoin gold are counting on.

To me the bitcoin gold split is irrelevant to bitcoin.
But the 2x fork is not. In my eyes the price increase of bitcoin that we see at the moment is a result of this fork.
To be on the safe side, people buy bitcoin now in order to have both coins after the fork.

People here just read that there will be a fork this month, and just assume that it will have negative consequences. Another part of the people start looking at forks as being a profitable event, as in free money falling out of the sky landing directly in their pocket. In order to understand the difference between both forks, people at minimum need to have a basic level of Bitcoin understanding, and even this basis understanding isn't there. Result is that people infect each other with false information, all because their greed is blinding them. Either way, we'll only find out if this increase comes from people buying because of the fork this month, once the fork has actually taken place.
tobs

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:38:25 PM

If the fall is so insignificant - then we need not be afraid. But if bitcoin drops to 3000, many will worry and panic sell coins

If bitcoin drops to $3000 it will start a new age and in such case in next days it will break any records and previous tops. Bitcoin at 3000 would encourage everyone to buy as much as they can, because such cheap price won't be seen anywhere near in the future. And knowing that bitcoin has once hit $6000, it's therefore a safe x2 your investment and even more if you decide to hold it longer. Bitcoin is too established and hyped for any panic selling to happen. Lows mean only more investors will be keen on buying.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:03:00 PM

To be honest, I haven't even seen many wallets openly discuss support of Bitcoin gold. The only exchange I've heard that will add the Bitcoin gold balance is yobit. Bittrex is under some heat as of now, but even they have stated that they will not support the Bitcoin fork. For most people, I don't think they will be able to claim their BTG asap.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
traderperspective (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:57:07 PM

Thanks for the answers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: