Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:44:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC drop after fork 25th  (Read 3382 times)
tj4dmx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:45:03 AM

I dont think BTG will live up to expectations !!
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:28:47 AM

it actually may Cheesy
the expectation of it is pretty low and there is no wallet that you can easily use to dump it so in the end it may be having a fun time staying on top without anybody being able to sell anything.
for example compared to bitcoin cash which already had multiple clients, full node, SPV wallet (electrum) and web wallet. this one has nothing. so if you have your coins on exchanges you can sell otherwise you may have to wait a month or two before you can even find a wallet for it.

Only Bitcoin
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

it actually may Cheesy
the expectation of it is pretty low and there is no wallet that you can easily use to dump it so in the end it may be having a fun time staying on top without anybody being able to sell anything.
for example compared to bitcoin cash which already had multiple clients, full node, SPV wallet (electrum) and web wallet. this one has nothing. so if you have your coins on exchanges you can sell otherwise you may have to wait a month or two before you can even find a wallet for it.

Sure it does not have SPV wallet but I disagree with the not having any wallet at all and there are already some exchanges as well which you can dump your coin hopefully if you even see anyone who is ready to take the risk to buy. It is firstly going to be worthless on arrival anyway, so I wont be surprised on that one.
However, about 3 wallets are already supporting them (Coinomi, freewallet and guarda), and hopefully some other ones will come up after, but for now we just keep our fingers crossed on the ones available. You can check their website, http://btcgpu.org/ for reference.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

it actually may Cheesy

Sure it does not have SPV wallet but I disagree with the not having any wallet at all and there are already some exchanges as well which you can dump your coin hopefully if you even see anyone who is ready to take the risk to buy. It is firstly going to be worthless on arrival anyway, so I wont be surprised on that one.
However, about 3 wallets are already supporting them (Coinomi, freewallet and guarda), and hopefully some other ones will come up after, but for now we just keep our fingers crossed on the ones available. You can check their website, http://btcgpu.org/ for reference.

well, smaller number of people keep their coins on exchanges. so there won't be as much dumping pressure as you might expect. also these wallets you listed can not support it since the code is not yet even ready. it will take time for the code of BTG to get ready then it will take even more time for those wallets to integrate it into their systems.

p.s. BTG is currently worth 0.078BTC

Only Bitcoin
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:50:09 PM

it actually may Cheesy

well, smaller number of people keep their coins on exchanges. so there won't be as much dumping pressure as you might expect. also these wallets you listed can not support it since the code is not yet even ready. it will take time for the code of BTG to get ready then it will take even more time for those wallets to integrate it into their systems.

p.s. BTG is currently worth 0.078BTC

I think big whales are the most that will Hodl their bitcoin there are sure a little percentage of people that have 10 and up bitcoin that will hold their coin for the said free coin they can get, well that is the target for most whales, but considering the risk involve in it many would consider selling their coin that is why there will still be dumping and the price would sure plummets down for sure.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:47:42 PM

It seems to me that bitcoin price falls because lots of users have learned the lesson the fork in August. Bitcoin cash they have received for free is worth nothing and if you sell the coins advance you can earn more than give useless coins. The bitcoin gold trust even less.
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:02:52 PM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?   

The price of bitcoin gold is depending on how many people will be doing transactions with it by the time of hard fork. But what's going to happen is the same like bitcoin cash, at the first moment of it the price can possibly pump but later on it will decrease because of sell orders and it will make everyone to sell their bitcoin gold. I don't have hope with this coin anymore, their website isn't even strong in terms of security, they've got an attacked DDOS.

I don't think there will be a bitcoingold pump at all. Bitcoincash had some heavy duty supporters (like Jihan of Bitmain), but bitcoingold looks to be a bit shady with a premine. So I doubt it will get pumped.

Few more hours left and we still don't know what's going to happen. But free bitcoin gold coin is free money so whether it will be pumped or not as long as you will sell them immediately you will not regret it either. We just have to see for ourselves when the time of hard fork happens for sure there will be a lot of people selling this immediately and let's see if there will be a big support for this coin.

J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:37:25 PM

Do you think the value of Bitcoin gold is priced into the price of BTC, thus we will see a drop similar to the value of Bitcoin Gold after the fork?   

The price of bitcoin gold is depending on how many people will be doing transactions with it by the time of hard fork. But what's going to happen is the same like bitcoin cash, at the first moment of it the price can possibly pump but later on it will decrease because of sell orders and it will make everyone to sell their bitcoin gold. I don't have hope with this coin anymore, their website isn't even strong in terms of security, they've got an attacked DDOS.

I don't think there will be a bitcoingold pump at all. Bitcoincash had some heavy duty supporters (like Jihan of Bitmain), but bitcoingold looks to be a bit shady with a premine. So I doubt it will get pumped.

Few more hours left and we still don't know what's going to happen. But free bitcoin gold coin is free money so whether it will be pumped or not as long as you will sell them immediately you will not regret it either. We just have to see for ourselves when the time of hard fork happens for sure there will be a lot of people selling this immediately and let's see if there will be a big support for this coin.
It's pretty unclear as to what's going to happen but over all I'm not too worried. I don't believe bitcoin will go down after the bitcoin gold fork. The price of bitcoin wasn't really affected when bitcoin cash forked. I think we will a lot of money move back to the altcoins after the 2x hardfork. When things will go back to 'normal'.
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:21:31 PM

It's pretty unclear as to what's going to happen but over all I'm not too worried. I don't believe bitcoin will go down after the bitcoin gold fork. The price of bitcoin wasn't really affected when bitcoin cash forked. I think we will a lot of money move back to the altcoins after the 2x hardfork. When things will go back to 'normal'.

It's already being traded at yobit and I don't know on how did these people got their bitcoin gold. The price seems to be good at 0.08 BTC and this will make the price of bitcoin higher again as there will be a lot of people that will have free bitcoin again after selling their bitcoin golds so we just have to keep on waiting for that day. Anyone knows on where did these people got their own bitcoin gold? Check it out. http://yobit.net/en/trade/BTG/BTC

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:31:05 AM

it actually may Cheesy
Sure it does not have SPV wallet but I disagree with the not having any wallet at all and there are already some exchanges as well which you can dump your coin hopefully if you even see anyone who is ready to take the risk to buy.

It is firstly going to be worthless on arrival anyway, so I won't be surprised on that one. However, about 3 wallets are already supporting them (Coinomi, freewallet and guarda), and hopefully some other ones will come up after, but for now we just keep our fingers crossed on the ones available. You can check their website, http://btcgpu.org/ for reference.
joujourdain

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:54:02 AM

If BTCGold keep its promise to bring more decentralization, it could work very well !

If I could mine some btc-like coins with my computer, I would be glad to do it.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 11:54:51 AM

Actually There was Fork 1 August and after that bitcoin drastically increased its value.
there maybe possibility that Bitcoin will gonna rise after Hard fork BTG 25th October.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

If BTCGold keep its promise to bring more decentralization, it could work very well !

If I could mine some btc-like coins with my computer, I would be glad to do it.
The GPU miners did Ethereum in 2017, so ETH turning to POS will have a bigger influence than any bitcoin fork of the week could accomplish.
Your second option would be XMR which is not forking, they got some continual upgrade process for changing their code.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:57:45 PM

Actually There was Fork 1 August and after that bitcoin drastically increased its value.
there maybe possibility that Bitcoin will gonna rise after Hard fork BTG 25th October.
In contrary, even bitcoin value is raising up after segwit last August. I think this is not enough basis to jump immediately to the conclusion. In my opinion this coming hardfork was give us an intense decision if what coins we are supports. I know it give us a hard decision to select this time. In addition we never know if the value of bitcoin will suffer this time or it will give a chance to be more expensive, we can see it after hardfork.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:52:41 PM

BTC will only experience a correction due to the Fork, but will shoot up to an all time high of $10k
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:07:43 PM

In contrary, even bitcoin value is raising up after segwit last August. I think this is not enough basis to jump immediately to the conclusion. In my opinion this coming hardfork was give us an intense decision if what coins we are supports. I know it give us a hard decision to select this time. In addition we never know if the value of bitcoin will suffer this time or it will give a chance to be more expensive, we can see it after hardfork.

It is quite obvious, proponents of the BTC Crypto have learned from experience that they have an upper hand in the entire community, thus the only factor that can potentially mitigate the up-flow challenge isn't the fork itself but corporate FUD.
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:23:20 PM

yes bitcoin will fall today and  tomorrow and after 25 th . because Everyone got a free bitgold ( price 100usd )
Everyone thought the price btg will be +400 at least  Cry

wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:51:14 PM

There is another fork just a month after 25th. Unless you are a day trader, i wouldn't worry much about it. Just stick with your Bitcoins and make sure to keep them safe. I think 2018 will be a great year for Bitcoin. There was always a thread popping up on the forums asking whether or not BTC will see 10k one day. Today, we ask "when" Bitcoin will se 10k. I guess i kind of made my point.   Wink
It was not long ago when people were wondering if we were going to see bitcoin at 1000 dollars ever again and now we are wondering when we are going to reach 10000 dollars is funny how things can change so fast in less than a year and the best part is that bitcoin still has a long way to go since this year has not ended, I will not be surprised if we saw bitcoin above 8000 before the end of the year.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:02:38 PM

Once after the fork the new chain will be functioning independently with its value and market capital. As a part of the new asset correction takes place. Here the correction might lead to price drop and soon this will start to increase and reach new heights.
cryptohome

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:39:02 PM

Which was predicted way before the Forking, that it would rise and fall straight away after forking. This will happen again with another forking is due in November probably.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: