Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:35:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 ETH / 30 days / shilling time  (Read 319 times)
RAGEmond (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

Hey guys

Got some moneyproblems and managed to get 1 ETH on Coinbase via Creditcard.

I got 30 days to pay some bills so do you got some good investing possibilities? Should I buy a coin or invest into an ongoing ICO?

Any advices appreciated Smiley

Thanks
RAGE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:38:40 PM

right now it's very hard to do it,
because Bitcoin price will be decreasing a lot,but every altcoin will be pumped hard
you can multiple your Bitcoin but the value itself is decreasing a lot.
joinin an ongoing ICOs is not a solution in my opinion because they can not guarantee will list on exchange as soon as the ICOs finished
RAGEmond (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:44:12 PM

yeah so should be a good time to buy into an alt and wait until the fork

I just don't know which one Cheesy every coin I check had already a huge pump like LINK or ODN odr COSS etc I do not like to jump into ATH's
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:05:55 PM

wait, are you saying you want to gamble the money you need for your bills in 30 days? no, just no
RAGEmond (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:28:57 PM

wait, are you saying you want to gamble the money you need for your bills in 30 days? no, just no

nope but my credit card allowed me to buy some ETH cannot pay bills with creditcard Cheesy
lokinator

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:49:46 PM

nope but my credit card allowed me to buy some ETH cannot pay bills with creditcard Cheesy

OMG. This is like the scariest thread I have read in a while. You can't pay your bills, so you use your credit card (going more into debt) to buy crypto with the hopes of flipping that new debt into money to pay your bills?

And worse yet (perhaps), you are using an anonymous forum to pick what to buy with your newly acquired debt?

This has fail written all over it.

I just hope this thread is a joke ....  Huh

I don't even want to provide any suggestions because I don't want to be responsible for you ending up living in a van down by the river.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:50:34 PM

Hey guys

I got 30 days to pay some bills so do you got some good investing possibilities? Should I buy a coin or invest into an ongoing ICO?

Thanks
RAGE
This is called “shorting” and it’s a very risky method of investment. Be sure to play it safe, or else you could end up in a bad position.

Anyway, you are probably going to want to buy into a more established altcoin and wait for the Altcoin market to bounce back (that will probably happen withing 30 days).

Also, I thing @lokinator put it well in the post above mine.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:09:32 PM

OMG. This is like the scariest thread I have read in a while. You can't pay your bills, so you use your credit card (going more into debt) to buy crypto with the hopes of flipping that new debt into money to pay your bills?

And worse yet (perhaps), you are using an anonymous forum to pick what to buy with your newly acquired debt?

This has fail written all over it.

I just hope this thread is a joke ....  Huh

I don't even want to provide any suggestions because I don't want to be responsible for you ending up living in a van down by the river.

Grin  Grin  Grin  man, you made me laugh!! such an eloquent portrayal of a micro-economic disaster  Cheesy
coyote50

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 06:14:34 PM

Hey guys

Thanks
RAGE
This is called “shorting” and it’s a very risky method of investment. Be sure to play it safe, or else you could end up in a bad position.

Anyway, you are probably going to want to buy into a more established altcoin and wait for the Altcoin market to bounce back (that will probably happen withing 30 days).

Also, I thing @lokinator put it well in the post above mine.

no, that's not called shorting. but he's indirectly buying on margin. bad idea when you have bills to pay that add up to the amount you are investing short term

shorting is borrowing a security (it is set aside by your broker) and selling it at the same time. that is where you open the short position. then you "cover" or "close" your short when the price goes down to a certain level by simultaneously buying with the funds you received up front and then selling it on the market. so you open short at 350 bucks then cover at 300 you made 50 bucks per share or coin minus any interest accrued and fees. i used to short crypto all the time on leveraged margin but got sick of certain alts ignoring technical indicators. not all the time, but enough to where it became very stressful. i'll just stick to synthetic shorting via stock options and once options open for cryptos (without needing millions in capital) then i will do that too. much lower risk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: