Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Preorder Customers are NOT Investors ...see inside  (Read 1357 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:56:47 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3043-point-were-all-investors.html#post37924

LabRat says it is so.

Logic with BFL is not even apparent anymore whether an employee or shill.

1. I give you money for a product you dont have.

2. You spend months and tons of the money I sent you to develop your product.

3. Once product is FINALLY prototyped you claim I am not an investor despite your actions over the past 12 months of acting as if I am by using my monies to develop your product.

SMH

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3043-point-were-all-investors.html#post37924

LabRat says it is so.

3. Once product is FINALLY prototyped you claim I am not an investor despite your actions over the past 12 months of acting as if I am by using my monies to develop your product.

SMH

If Sonny was caught soliciting investors it would be a violation of his parole. Therefore there are no investors, only people who gave BFL capital to develop a completely new product line. Weirdly, that might satisfy the law. I'll have to hit up the lawyers in the legal subforum.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
LuckyXIII

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:22:01 PM

I'm amazed how many people got dollar signs in their eyes and threw money at a company who produces vaporware, run by a known criminal. Personally I would never pay 100% of a products cost upfront for a preorder with no guarantee it will ever show up at my door. I might pay 10% to be put on a list and pay the rest when the unit is ready to be shipped.

My guess is that BFL is mining the crap out of all their machines right now and that they will ship them when the profitability is almost zero. Like other people on this forum have stated, why sell their money printing machines?
jhansen858

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:16:34 PM

The butthurt is strong in this thread.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:00:08 PM

The butthurt is strong in this thread.
Hm...  I'm not sure you got that meme right.  This thread is very dry, where is the overblown emotional response?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Slipage

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:58:05 PM

Maybe at the time you thought you were a investor, now you are not since they will not make any profit.

Bfl played this to the tee to maximise full profit and they have done so legally.
They done care about customer as there hardware won't attract returning customer since it won't make a profit shortly and no resell value . Thy would of made millions and will shut down when all devices won't make profit due to diff.
Smart very smart
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:39:09 AM

There is always smaller nm chips.  They gain 2x-4x in speed and performance with each halving of the scale don't they?

That leaves a long line of upgrades to come.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:27:12 AM

Anyone who gives BFL money at this point deserves to to be scammed

paszczakojad

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:36:49 AM

LabRat says it is so.

SMH

That looks almost like a classic "societas leonidas" - customers "invest" their money into a new company. They take all the risks - like BTC price crash, company's inability to design a working ASIC, competitors designing ASICs faster and driving difficulty up, etc. In such case company just declares bancruptcy and customers get nothing. In case of a success company owners get all the shares, all the technology, manufacture as many ASICs as they want and "print" as many BTC as they can. Customers get their ordered devices (which are much less profitable than in the beginning) - so that's I call it "almost" a leonine company. Customers take all the risk and a tiny profit, company owners take no risk and most of the profit.

And it's legal!

In one word: Brilliant!

P.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: