Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on Xapo Wallet  (Read 616 times)
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 10:21:34 PM

After reading some news about Xapo that they store the BTC in a bunker which was used during the World War 2, I believe that Xapo is for anyone who want to store large amounts of BTC like a cold storage.

What an utter nonsense. People should at all times avoid storing large numbers of coins in any online wallet service. If you want a proper form of cold wallet storage, buy yourself a Nano Ledger S hardware wallet, or a Trezor hardware wallet -- they don't cost a whole lot of money, and the best thing is that you can use Bitcoin to pay for it. It's a good way to invest your greatly in value increased coins -- security should at all times be top notch. People preferring online wallet services over their own offline storage method are just delusional. It's quite shocking that a legendary member has such a noobish way of thinking....
I am not referring that online wallets are safe -  I am myself a holder of a hardware wallet - but Xapo gives also the same securities as a cold storage viewed from the perspective of the storage. Hardware wallets are the best way to hold BTC aside online, but they are not fully protected against failure of the hardware, fire/damages and incompatible software. Let's say as a worst case, a fire burns the house down along with the recovery key and the hardware wallet, nothing remains of your BTC holding while the BTCs in the online vault still remains. Besides that, I'd preferably use an offline wallet rather online wallet but each of them has advantages/disadvantages.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:28:39 PM

wow you using them as main wallet XD
iam using them onyl for my faucet becourse some currious faucet users like to send there payment to xapo XD
but iam not using them mainly beocurse the have to high fees even blockchain carge lower fees -.-
i can recomand you https://freebitco.in/ as webwalled they have low fees and pay oyu and low interest rate.

kind regards
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:49:10 PM

I used their service when the fee was zero and it just for storing spendable amount/little amount I think you should consider xapo as your main wallet since it is an online wallet and they don't give your access to your private key so they can lock your account or freeze it, for a main wallet I recommend you to use desktop or hardware wallet or something that you can control your private key, it is better to have money in your own pocket.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: