Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] C++ OpenGL/GLUT programmer - simple job  (Read 2080 times)
andrepcg (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:13:42 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 06:41:47 PM by andrepcg

I need a 3D scene constructed entirely with GLUT/OpenGL functions (polygons, vertex, lights, etc...).

It should implement some GLUT/OpenGL basic stuff, like textures, illumination, transparency, geometric transformations, etc. It's not required but if you want to include one or two external 3D model (free one), you can do it (just need the model and the source at the end).

Deadline: June 12

Important: I don't want some fancy stuff. Just some polygons to construct the scene and objects (you can import external model, just provide me the model and source), some lights here and there to create an ambient, a simple texture for the walls and doors.

If you're used to GLUT/OpenGL this is an easy job for you and shouldn't take long. If you complete the job I'll pay you $40 - $50 (convert to BTC later)
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:16:06 PM

If you're used to GLUT/OpenGL this is an easy job for you and shouldn't take long. If you complete the job I'll pay you $15 (convert to BTC later)
That pay is way too low. Expect at least $50 considering this is coded from scratch.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
andrepcg (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:29:23 PM

I've included a sample code now (at least not from scratch). $15 is not much but for what it is it should be adequate (nothing fancy). I can make it $20

And I've also included code to import textures
Synapse_On_Slush

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:00:45 PM

I find this ammusing lol.

I could do it, it's about 3-6 hours work for something very basic like you describe. Though the spotlight for the hand-held torch is a little more than "simple". That would take over an hour to implement form scratch alone.

What your offering is enough for about one hours work.

Not sure why you provided sample code to load a bmp. Anyone who can write what your asking will have plenty of image loading code to hand they could use. And BMPs are horrible, you wanna use PNGs or something with decent compression. Also, why C++? I prefer C++ but for what your asking, Java with LWJGL would work fine and has the benefit of being nice and portable.

Why don't you just grab the code from the NeHe website for the basic level tutorial and then add some code for a door and a chair (which I assume you will want to be a rocking chair that is 'rocking'). What your describing exists all over the internet and many of it is free to use.

Sadly I wont be able to help though, busy with projects of my own.

Best of luck though. Do check out some existing game engines (Something like "Ogre" maybe?)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 11:02:44 PM

I'm getting all sorts of warning signals here, why is the pay so low? This is something not necessarily complicated but time consuming you're asking for and why does it need to be only entirely with OpenGL and GLUT? This sounds exactly like the sort of thing I'd expect a moronic school assignment to consist of. If you're going to construct a scene it would actually be easier and more productive to just build the primitives in Maya and then import those models into the code.

I fear that Bitcointalk is beginning to look similar to sites like freelancer.com and elance Sad I wonder if this guy will disappear suddenly if we prod him enough or post an angry rant.
Synapse_On_Slush

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:22:58 PM

Exactly what I was thinking, didn't have the balls to say it though haha.
Does indeed sound like a school assignment... That's why I couldn't help but laugh at the craziness of the OP lol

I did wonder if maybe it's some part of psychology project/assignment, i.e. He wants a scary house scene to test reactions of people and see what they choose to do/where they go in the house? But he doesn't know anything about programming so is asking someone else to make it for him with no clue of the time/cost of what he's actually asking for. Though tbh, I think the first suggestion is more likely Tongue
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 11:50:37 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 12:20:06 AM by Lethn

Honestly, I usually have more tact than this, but one of the things that pisses me off more than anything else these days is horribly programmed games and if this guy is trying to cheat his way into the games industry or something similar then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wst7f_AFre8.
andrepcg (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:03:51 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 06:41:10 PM by andrepcg

[Closed]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: