Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How will an ICO look like in 1 year from now? What do you think?  (Read 345 times)
TE-FOOD (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

TE-FOOD provides trust for food supply chains

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 07:55:52 PM

As part of an ICO myself, it's hard to follow the continuously changing trends and requirements of ICOs. Meanwhile, there is a lot of debate if it changes to a better direction or worse.

The fact is that the number of ICOs increases quickly (in icotracker, 140 of them are on the waiting list to be listed, and we still aren't there), and we read more often about governments taking or considering regulative steps.

Please share your thoughts, where will this lead? What kind of ICOs will be in October, 2018?

Will there be $0,5-1billion ICOs? Will VCs enter the market more broadly? Will there be countries which stand by tokenized companies? Will we see that the cost of an ICO will be several million of USD, like IPOs? Will Leonardo di Caprio or Ryan Gosling advertise an ICO? Will there be tens of millions of people around the world invest on daily basis? Will there be tens of thousands of different tokens on the market? Or will the whole thing collapse?

Technical

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:00:30 PM

i have no idea. probably some sooth sayers would be helpful....  Grin

setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:06:27 PM

I think it's a bit hard to predict exactly what will happen for ICOs number within a year from now , but what's​ proven is that the entire world moves towards cryptos fastly since the blockchain technology can solve many problems ( especially financial ones ) that aren't solved with traditional methods , so I think in the future there will be more acceptability for this new tech
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:09:17 PM

A lot of questions there gonna make my answer concise as possible. It is possible that bigger celebrities may endorse new coins and also that caps get bigger and bigger as the market seems to be trending that way. That to

me is all irrelevant because I dont care if caps are big or celebrities are involved. What I care about the most is having regulation because in my short time in this industry I have seen a lot of scummy stuff. Now if you want a

certain asset class to reach trillion dollars in a market then you need to have some maturity and you need to have regulation. Otherwise crypto will just be the novelty thing that everyone did, not the blockchain giant it can be.

yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:14:46 PM

A difficult question, and then somewhat ambiguous One thing I think is precisely this is that this market will definitely be valid for several more years.

TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 08:18:12 PM

I think it's a bit hard to predict exactly what will happen for ICOs number within a year from now , but what's​ proven is that the entire world moves towards cryptos fastly since the blockchain technology can solve many problems ( especially financial ones ) that aren't solved with traditional methods , so I think in the future there will be more acceptability for this new tech

Of course I don't expect exact predictions regarding the future. Smiley Just playing with the idea and thoughts where might it lead.

ticterine

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:18:48 PM

They will all be illegal.
Gambit1306

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:19:12 PM

Hopefully better regulated, and guided by Kickico which I invested in Wink
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:20:08 PM

I believe that the number of ISO and the amount of money collected will only increase. More and more people will find out about the crowdsdale and try to put their finances into the token to get dividends. However, there will be more scam projects.
TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 08:27:21 PM

A lot of questions there gonna make my answer concise as possible. It is possible that bigger celebrities may endorse new coins and also that caps get bigger and bigger as the market seems to be trending that way. That to

me is all irrelevant because I dont care if caps are big or celebrities are involved. What I care about the most is having regulation because in my short time in this industry I have seen a lot of scummy stuff. Now if you want a

certain asset class to reach trillion dollars in a market then you need to have some maturity and you need to have regulation. Otherwise crypto will just be the novelty thing that everyone did, not the blockchain giant it can be.

I just wrote those lot of questions to generate thoughts, not exact questions. Smiley

But what do you think? Will there be so many scam ICOs in one year?

TonnyKakar104

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

A difficult question, and then somewhat ambiguous One thing I think is precisely this is that this market will definitely be valid for several more years.
why several more years??
I mean bitcoin is just start running in market and these ICO projects run only on bitcoin, As long as bitcoin live these ICO will run, and I bet these ICO's run at least 30 years more due to bitcoin then all of the bitcoin invested in ICO's.
TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 08:41:49 PM

I believe that the number of ISO and the amount of money collected will only increase. More and more people will find out about the crowdsdale and try to put their finances into the token to get dividends. However, there will be more scam projects.

1. I agree that more people will enter investing in ICOs, but I think a more easy to use tech will necessary for that. Currently it's for tech savvy people = too complicated.

2. I hope you are not right that there will be more scams, the logic would say ICOs will be more rgulated and transparent, with less scams.

rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:51:15 PM

I think we will see ICO value chain getting more complicated, such as legal, accounting, financing, consulting etc borrowing from IPO making the cost spiral up. As such there will be market will be more separated into tiers, more and more medium and smaller tiers ICO might have to go through an ICO platform to help to minimise some of the cost.

Regulation will be another interesting thing to watch, if ICO are to be regulated, we might see two markets there, one for the general public, i.e. regulated one, and one for the private investors but with very restricted entry criteria
abcd7

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:06:26 PM

will be better in my personal oppinion cause investors is starting to make a good research so the will remain less and the upcoming will be more carefull
TE-FOOD (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 07:59:10 PM

What I'm afraid of, that if more well established companies start ICOs, it will mean they can spend a lot of money on marketing. I'mean, if they can spend $1 million and collect $5 million, it's a good deal. But this will mean that only these large budget ICOs will be noticed. There will be less and less opportunity for smaller companies.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: