Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinpot vs Faucethub  (Read 1129 times)
jackfruit (OP)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:22:49 AM

I know it is not a good idea to compare those two services, since coinpot only supports their own faucets. However, i realized how bad service faucethub has after coinpot was launched. At coinpot, everything works fast, it is simple and no scam faucets on the list. Faucethub is slower, they have ridiculous threshold rules and i always get trouble sending ethereum from their wallet. I think the market needs a new microwallet service provider. I don't think faucethub has a bright future with the quality of service they have.
Bitcoin Dragon

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:21:31 PM

Coinpot pros:
Fast
No scam faucets
Instant exchange (needs more currencies though)
Highest paying faucets
Free withdraw over 50k sats

Coinpot cons:
Lack of community ie. chat box
No customer service
Needs more currencies

Faucethub pros:
Community feeling
Lots of currencies
Some basic customer service

Faucethub cons:
Too much rubbish
Ridiculous and expensive withdraw threshold/fee
Most of the mods are on a power trip
Lots of scam, virus infested faucets

Conclusion: Coinpot wins hands down in almost every aspect. But here lies an opportunity for somebody to come along and make a better type of faucethub that actually does things right.
grahamlyons

Activity: 338
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:35:49 PM

Coinpot pros:
Fast
No scam faucets
Highest paying faucets

Coinpot cons:
No customer service
Needs more currencies

Faucethub pros:
Community feeling
Lots of currencies

Faucethub cons:
Too much rubbish

Conclusion: Coinpot wins hands down in almost every aspect. But here lies an opportunity for somebody to come along and make a better type of faucethub that actually does things right.

not sure why you are comparing coinpot against faucethub, they are quite different services - both very good at what they do
lets just be grateful that they both exist and are well run Smiley
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:13:01 PM

i also dont think coinpot is a microwalled as they dont accept any facuets XD
but i love the fees of coinpot and also the payout options when i send above 50 000 Satoshi they cover all my fees !
And i get earnings direct to my walled without 1,5% fees from faucethub XD
They also offer free payout to coinbase i think .....

kidn regards
Adam556

Activity: 953
Merit: 102

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:24:18 PM

Coinpot wins hands down for me. Fast, reliable, exchange coins instantly - all good. I just wish there were more faucets linked into the service then it would be unbeatable.

>> THECRYPTOADVISER.CO.UK - Crypto blog, guides, features & news <<
>> Freebitco.in - Win a LAMBO! Faucet, betting + EARN INTEREST on your BTC <<
>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1335

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 10:45:16 PM

It's hard to compare these two services, but I will try to say my opinion.
Faucethub advantages - thousands of faucets, more coins, exchange, lot of additional stuff, not big fees.
Cons - lot of scammy faucets, but it's not FH fault and they aren't responsible for it. Quite big withdraw treshold for some altcoins, but I can understand why.

Coinpot advantages - no fees for bigger withdrawals, no exchange fees, all faucets are legit
Cons - not responding support, website sometimes laggy (at least for me), small number of faucets, missing detailed stats.
Summa summarum, Faucethub is much better service for me.

Kema

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 01:56:49 PM

Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.
Coinpot is a private affair for a handful of faucets.
Faucethub is a big community with a huge number of faucets connected to it.

Everyone wants extra everything but no one wants to pay for it.
Although it would be nice to get everything free, it always is, Faucethub has IMHO quite reasonable fees for the level of service provided.
Maybe a compromise would be to lower the withdrawal limits but let the users carry the actual costs for the transfer fees. And offer free withdrawals over a certain amount?
The only annoying fee IMHO, is the deposit fee. That one I'd like to see removed, but hey, I can see the rationale behind it. It's a deterrent so that users won't use it as an online wallet for all their cryptos, I think Faucethub actually actively discourages that practice?

Customer service? CoinPot has none, so there is no comparison. With Faucethub, you can actually get help and support.

Speed? Coinpot is quick enough, IFF the transfer actually happens. If not, you're s.o.l. Faucet hub are actually not slow at all. You might not get lightning fast transfers but it's not supposed to be a trading hub.

So, both work well for their intended purposes.
You can't expect a bicycle to perform like a car. And you don't bring your car with you in the apartment...

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
grahamlyons

Activity: 338
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:52:37 PM

Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.
Coinpot is a private affair for a handful of faucets.
Faucethub is a big community with a huge number of faucets connected to it.

Everyone wants extra everything but no one wants to pay for it.
Although it would be nice to get everything free, it always is, Faucethub has IMHO quite reasonable fees for the level of service provided.
Maybe a compromise would be to lower the withdrawal limits but let the users carry the actual costs for the transfer fees. And offer free withdrawals over a certain amount?
The only annoying fee IMHO, is the deposit fee. That one I'd like to see removed, but hey, I can see the rationale behind it. It's a deterrent so that users won't use it as an online wallet for all their cryptos, I think Faucethub actually actively discourages that practice?

Customer service? CoinPot has none, so there is no comparison. With Faucethub, you can actually get help and support.

Speed? Coinpot is quick enough, IFF the transfer actually happens. If not, you're s.o.l. Faucet hub are actually not slow at all. You might not get lightning fast transfers but it's not supposed to be a trading hub.

So, both work well for their intended purposes.
You can't expect a bicycle to perform like a car. And you don't bring your car with you in the apartment...

agree with almost everything you said - especially the apples and oranges bit Smiley

except for the comment about customer service. i have had 2 problems with coinpot - 1 of them i eventually realised was my own fuck up (i deposited to the wrong address!) and the other was an issue regarding a xapo withdrawal. however in both cases my emails to coinpot support were replied to quickly within a few hours and they helped me get to the bottom of both problems.
if you click on their contact us button at the bottom of the coinpot page it clearly says that they have limited resources for support, so there are a list of circumstances where they wont reply. im assuming that also includes that they will ignore scammers and trolls too.
Kema

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 05:11:12 PM

Well, from my own experience I've had three transfers that never arrived and "customer service" never answered my inquires.
I must have sent half a dozen questions concerning different issues and not a single one was replied to.
I guess being polite, clear with the question/problem and writing in English is not the way to go? Well, I guess it's nice to see that at least one person has actually heard from them. That means that it's not a dummy mail and they are deliberately choosing to ignore people.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
Adam556

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 01:19:23 PM

Watch out! Scammers! They give you a deposit address, but if you deposit something will never get it! They steal your coins. Dont send them anything! You will lose your coins!

Can you elaborate on this with details of what exactly happened to you?

>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
dixon98

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:42:58 AM

Coinpot cannot be run on IE. Trojan js will be detected.

However, it runs fine on Chrome.

I wonder if it is safe to run...

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
pramila28

Activity: 476

ADMIN & Idea Contributor with "ABY" BiggBoss

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:04:43 AM

Watch out! Scammers! They give you a deposit address, but if you deposit something will never get it! They steal your coins. Dont send them anything! You will lose your coins!
Hi Friend what happened to your account? which service you are talking about? FH or Coinpot?

In FH - Deposit Address can be Generated and also you can use it in Faucets which are new (note: faucets which you didn't visit you can use it)
"Only to gather Deposit Amount" and start Depositing as a User  Roll Eyes
jclick

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:46:09 AM

If you are newbie for this field for sure you are confused, and accusing services without knowing them properly.

Coins are getting available in wallets after the confirmations. So possible from where you sent the coins take time to reach your wallet.

I used both services and both are genuinely paying.

●  ●U●  ●R●  ●S●  ●I●  ●G●  ●N●  ●A●  ●T●  ●U●  ●R●  ●E●  ●
coin_curious

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:29:05 PM

at least they are not faucetsystem. you can wait weeks before payments are confirmed.

◄ freebcc.org ►
pramila28

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:20:59 PM

Coinpot pros:
Fast
No scam faucets
Highest paying faucets

Coinpot cons:
No customer service
Needs more currencies

Faucethub pros:
Community feeling
Lots of currencies

Faucethub cons:
Too much rubbish

not sure why you are comparing coinpot against faucethub, they are quite different services - both very good at what they do
lets just be grateful that they both exist and are well run Smiley
You missed out one more Con for Faucethub - Banning Good Users from Chat for Personal Reasons, there are some users who faced that..remember such good users have not violated any site rule/chat rule - reasons were CRAP SILLY BILLY and also Vulgar in nature 
earnmoneytalk

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 02:39:57 PM

I think comparing between private microwallet service (coinpot) and public microwallet service (faucethub) will just lead to accusing of some features on either side.
riddy09

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:06:00 AM

My experience from both coinpot and Faucethub. Coinpot canceled and lost my funds recently and now they are offline. Faucethub is indeed slow due to their low fees, but they are surely going to be received in my preferred wallet.

Coinpot service has so much issues with the site. Yes, they have legit faucets, but scam microwallet even their support failed to do their job. While Faucethub, their support and the admin are both active, even you make a suggestion that they are willing to listen.

So, coinpot thumbs down and Faucethub thumbs up.  Smiley
Adam556

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:11:30 PM

My experience from both coinpot and Faucethub. Coinpot canceled and lost my funds recently and now they are offline. Faucethub is indeed slow due to their low fees, but they are surely going to be received in my preferred wallet.

Coinpot service has so much issues with the site. Yes, they have legit faucets, but scam microwallet even their support failed to do their job. While Faucethub, their support and the admin are both active, even you make a suggestion that they are willing to listen.

Throwing accusations of 'scam' around without proper evidence helps no-one. CoinPot is definitely not a scam site and has always been extremely reliable and prompt in paying. Simple as.

There have been issues on the network - beyond CoinPot's control.

pramila28

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

What about this point? Viewing PM's in chat FH? Do you like that? You know there is no freedom send pm to any friend in fh chat...some have said that..I have two cons Angry
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

So, coinpot thumbs down and Faucethub thumbs up.  Smiley
What about this point? Viewing PM's in chat FH? Do you like that? You know there is no freedom send pm to any friend in fh chat...some have said that..I have two cons Angry
Use a private channel to chat. Skype, viber, or whatever you want.
I need to protect the community from people who backstab, people like you, scammers who steal people's money. People who spread false information about the service and myself.

You've been one of the worst users FH ever had and you got what you deserved.
Stop throwing slack at me and FH, we've gone through this many times and from what I can see, you're still mad.

I was getting at least 10 complaints from users per day to remove you from the chat, and tbh, that was probably the best thing I did for this community.
You're toxic as hell, that's all.

Peace, pro SAP pokemon.

Regarding comparing CoinPot and FH.
Each service offers something different.
CoinPot is a great service and Barry is a good guy. He's using CoinPot for his faucet sites, and that's it.
FaucetHub is a open system for faucet owners.

Regarding lag and the spikes we were having earlier, that's been sorted out. The site is using a bigger server now and there's no lag, for like a month +
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: