Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee: Bankers like JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon Are Scared of Bitcoin  (Read 313 times)
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 12:37:15 AM

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14346310/1/john-mcafee-bankers-like-jp-morgan-s-dimon-are-scared-of-bitcoin.html

"[Dimon] calls Bitcoin a fraud: I call the U.S. dollar a fraud," McAfee says before throwing some serious shade at the bank CEO.

"When I first read the white paper that [Bitcoin creator] Satoshi put together, I was in tears," McAfee said. "I'm serious. I am a 72 year old man here ... When I read it having been a technologist my entire life my face was wet with tears from that fact that this man or woman or team of people had put together something which said here is the key... [voice breaks] this concept can never be stopped."

Who knows what Dimon's reason for attacking Bitcoin is exactly? European firm Blockswater LLP, with headquarters in the U.K. and Austria, has filed a market abuse report against JPMorgan Chase's Dimon for "spreading false and misleading information" about Bitcoin.

McAfee said: "I wish I had the power to diss my company and then buy the stock!"

8270thNinja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:21:33 AM

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14346310/1/john-mcafee-bankers-like-jp-morgan-s-dimon-are-scared-of-bitcoin.html

"[Dimon] calls Bitcoin a fraud: I call the U.S. dollar a fraud," McAfee says before throwing some serious shade at the bank CEO.

"When I first read the white paper that [Bitcoin creator] Satoshi put together, I was in tears," McAfee said. "I'm serious. I am a 72 year old man here ... When I read it having been a technologist my entire life my face was wet with tears from that fact that this man or woman or team of people had put together something which said here is the key... [voice breaks] this concept can never be stopped."

Who knows what Dimon's reason for attacking Bitcoin is exactly? European firm Blockswater LLP, with headquarters in the U.K. and Austria, has filed a market abuse report against JPMorgan Chase's Dimon for "spreading false and misleading information" about Bitcoin.

McAfee said: "I wish I had the power to diss my company and then buy the stock!"
Hahaha I so love this guy! "This concept can never be stopped" Which is true, The idea of blockchain and secure payment and open ledger cannot be stopped. Dimon is really spreading false and misleading information which leads to FUD and usually a mass Cash out on Bitcoin which also leads to Bitcoin drop ( NO QUESTION ON THIS). In order to battle this kind of FUDs and ignorant people spreading false and misleading information ( LIKE DIMON YES), we should have a strong community to continue spreading the truth and we are lucky enough that this Cool Guy John McAfee is backing us up to battle misleading information.
IceOleg

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:07:59 AM

"How can you ban something which is distributed?" McAfee said. It is impossible. "In the 1930s they once tried to ban alcohol in America but we consumed more alcohol. This ban is simply not going to work."

That's just awesome, I like this guy!

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:53:32 AM

I love seeing bigwigs duke it out publicly lol. I hate Dimon's guts, and McAfee is absolutely correct in that if Bitcoin reaches mass adoption, banks will be the first to go. What people should take note of, however, is that McAfee isn't completely objective towards Bitcoin either. He has acknowledged that he's one of the largest miners, and is presumably holding a very sizeable amount. He has predicted that Bitcoin can reach $100,000 in a few years' time, and would have everything to gain when it does reach that amount. They're basically the same, except they stand at opposite sides of the same spectrum. I still support McAfee though lol.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:29:28 AM

"How can you ban something which is distributed?" McAfee said. It is impossible. "In the 1930s they once tried to ban alcohol in America but we consumed more alcohol. This ban is simply not going to work." That's just awesome, I like this guy!

In America, the government has had the history of accepting something if it will not really go away even spending so much effort and money. The one mentioned here is the alcohol ban but the latest for this is the recent legalization of marijuana even for entertainment purposes and not anymore limited to the medical side.

Heck, there are even many marijuana-related projects supporting and using the blockchain technology. Rather than spending money to put up a hopeless fight, the government decided to open the floodgate and make big tax revenues instead. This can a win-win situation for both those who insist to use the marijuana and the government who can be cash-strapped.

It would be the same with Bitcoin though in USA Bitcoin is not actually banned and people are given enough leeway to buy and sell Bitcoin. The big issue is with ICOs which can be considered as issuing securities based on the Howey Test.
Opquar

Activity: 385

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:10:43 AM

Ah, someone finally said it! If Bitcoin takes off, banks are toast. I would say that poor Dimon must be shaking in his boots, but they invest in Bitcoin as well so...
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:04:39 PM

John McAfee: ‘Bitcoin moves above  $500,000 within three years. Bets?’
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/887012614131372032

After Token Sale, StockBet will enable McAfee and you to bet against each other.

John McAfee: ‘I will eat my d-ck’ on national television if I lose $500K Bitcoin bet

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: