Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-18] Smart Regulation Could Make Russia Next Major Bitcoin Market  (Read 183 times)
Nybhelle (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:05:56 AM

Smart Regulation Could Make Russia Next Major Bitcoin Market

Russia could evolve into the next major Bitcoin market, as the government continues to encourage Bitcoin mining and moves closer towards regulating its cryptocurrency exchange market.

Russia’s plan
Earlier this week, Cointelegraph revealed that Russian President Vladimir Putin approved the launch of CryptoRuble, a cryptographically-secured state-issued national digital currency.

Minister of Communications Nikolay Nikiforov said:

“I confidently declare that we run CryptoRuble for one simple reason: if we do not, then after two months our neighbors in the EurAsEC will.”

Continue Reading...https://cointelegraph.com/news/smart-regulation-could-make-russia-next-major-bitcoin-market
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:16:18 AM

I highly doubt that Russia will be the next major bitcoin market. How can they be when they hate cryptocurrency? That's why we have to take everything with a grain of salt everything that is coming from Russia.

This cryptoruble or whatever it's been called is a sign that they don't want to have bitcoin or Ethereum or any other crypto. They want to have their own crypto's that is centralizes and imposing high taxes on it. And I also high doubt that it will gain acceptance in Russia as well. This is a bad more for them, but what can we expect something from a government who runs with a hammer fist?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████