Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:35:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Most Perfect Coin [UPDATED]  (Read 983 times)
usscfounder (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:39:03 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 08:34:30 PM by usscfounder

PERFECT COIN

Want a highly successful coin?

Make a coin with all of the following:

1. A coin that can be fully mined to the hard limit in less than two weeks months by just a few hundred users with good machines.

2. Make the difficulty high at the beginning and then get lower as more users join in mining, and as the hash rate goes up.

3. Create LESS than 500,000 coins total

4. After two weeks months all of the coins will be minted and no more can ever be made!

5. Then request the rare coin to be added to exchanges for trading.

6. NO PREMINE (FOR ANY REASON)!!!

I guarantee you, that you will have a popular coin that everyone will love.  Especially the latecomers!  Plus, you will have the only fully minted crypto-coin in the world!

optimusprime

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:32:31 PM

i love this
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:36:50 AM

Especially the latecomers

As OP is already in sarcasm mode, we'll likely have to wait until late 2014 when IX/I0 are finished with their subsidy.
(to have a fully minted crypto-coin in the world)

champbronc2

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:00:37 PM

Basically relaunch MNC without premine.

Isn't this coin a 2 week long premine though? lol

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
usscfounder (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:01:46 PM

Basically relaunch MNC without premine.

Isn't this coin a 2 week long premine though? lol

Two weeks is kind of short. Expand it to... let's say... maybe two months?
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:09:50 PM

Doesn't anyone understand how the crypto network functions? How do you suppose people will move coins around, if there are no miners to find blocks and get confirmations?

mebezac

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:20:38 PM

Doesn't anyone understand how the crypto network functions? How do you suppose people will move coins around, if there are no miners to find blocks and get confirmations?

This is a huge point I'm still trying to understand about cryptocurrency as a whole. Will transaction fees be enough to keep miners going on any coin. The rationale is that once all the coins are minted, there will be more in circulation and thus more transactions and more tx fees. Those fees are supposed to subsidize the miners. The crazy thing that will probably happen with bitcoin is that towards the end, there will probably be huge hashes fighting for the last coins. That will push up the difficulty and then they will probably fall off when those last coins are minted, I think, leaving the difficulty stuck too high for a while. That is a ways off though, so maybe something will be done about that, or there already has been something done and I just haven't heard about it or haven't understood it fully.

But with the case of this coin. If all were minted in 2 weeks, there wouldn't be many services set up for people to spend their coins at, so there would be minimal transaction fees and hardly any incentive to mine at all.

BTC: 168d57nW72Y6DidPgE88iL7vYmpQD45dYK|LTC: LLPttXuFF2uTo2CWeEwXU5CwcUcgQ4NGd3
usscfounder (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:27:25 PM

This is a huge point I'm still trying to understand about cryptocurrency as a whole. Will transaction fees be enough to keep miners going on any coin. The rationale is that once all the coins are minted, there will be more in circulation and thus more transactions and more tx fees. Those fees are supposed to subsidize the miners. The crazy thing that will probably happen with bitcoin is that towards the end, there will probably be huge hashes fighting for the last coins. That will push up the difficulty and then they will probably fall off when those last coins are minted, I think, leaving the difficulty stuck too high for a while. That is a ways off though, so maybe something will be done about that, or there already has been something done and I just haven't heard about it or haven't understood it fully.

But with the case of this coin. If all were minted in 2 weeks, there wouldn't be many services set up for people to spend their coins at, so there would be minimal transaction fees and hardly any incentive to mine at all.

This would be a good way to find out.

Generally, transaction fees should keep the miners busy.  But who knows?

Lets do it and see what happens next.
mebezac

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:28:17 PM

This would be a good way to find out.

Generally transaction fees should keep the miners busy.  But who knows?

Lets do it and see what happens next.

Build it and they will come.

BTC: 168d57nW72Y6DidPgE88iL7vYmpQD45dYK|LTC: LLPttXuFF2uTo2CWeEwXU5CwcUcgQ4NGd3
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

PERFECT COIN

Want a highly successful coin?

Make a coin with all of the following:

1. A coin that can be fully mined to the hard limit in less than two weeks months by just a few hundred users with good machines.

2. Make the difficulty high at the beginning and then get lower as more users join in mining, and as the hash rate goes up.

3. Create LESS than 500,000 coins total

4. After two weeks months all of the coins will be minted and no more can ever be made!

5. Then request the rare coin to be added to exchanges for trading.

6. NO PREMINE (FOR ANY REASON)!!!

I guarantee you, that you will have a popular coin that everyone will love.  Especially the latecomers!  Plus, you will have the only fully minted crypto-coin in the world!

Want a succesful coin?
First create places to spend it... We have enough coins that can't be spent, except for an exchange without any trading volume...
ryszardzonk

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:18:23 PM

having coin fully minted is the great way to check what would happen then and as it would be done soon such a coin could get much traction just from the sheer miner interest in the coin. Large interest in mining could then lead all kind of websites appearing as they would want that miner audience directed to their services fast. Then is just a question of the number and quality of the services in question. If there is enough of them someone would keep processing those transactions for a fee... Just this few weeks or 2 months seems quite short time for those services to appear. I would think of something like 6-12 months, but then again it is quite long time just to get the idea tested

Last but not least if it is not going to be tried then we would never know does it work or not, would we?  Roll Eyes
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:55:46 PM

People are greedy. If anyone was willing to dedicate hash power to a 2 week old coin, with no block reward, than the fees for moving these few coins around, would have to be more profitable than mining any other coin in existence.

krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:57:25 PM

Especially the latecomers

As OP is already in sarcasm mode, we'll likely have to wait until late 2014 when IX/I0 are finished with their subsidy.
(to have a fully minted crypto-coin in the world)

I believe infinitecoin is going to run out in about 1 year, so it might be early 2014 (assuming no new coins come along).
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:00:09 PM

I believe infinitecoin is going to run out in about 1 year...

No irony there, right?

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: