Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading or HODLING  (Read 1876 times)
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:13:02 PM

Day trading with good margin with is surely the best way to go and on a good platform because with that, one can turn it around several times in a day than what you can make when you hold and its due to the fact on the day one intends to sell after holding a long while, the price might just behave funny that the height the previous day, might another one month to get too which means waste of unnecessary time which would have been turned into profit if made as it comes.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:24:28 PM

I'll go for Day Trading. If everyday you earn 3%-4% then in 1 month you can double your capital. While hodling can earn you good profits too but, you are limited to how much the profit you can earn from a particular investment. Hodling is less risky while day trading is risky because the tide may turn against you and suffer a loss. The problem with day trading is if you dont stick to the plan to Sell at a particular price.

Day trading needs the effort by yourself so you will be able to save the bitcoins instead of go for trading if you are lazy to watch the transaction all the time in any price graph site like coinbase, coindesk or cointelgraph.
If you are more concern about the trading platform you will be able to do that in polenix or bitrex site. You can set the trading frequently to make the profit.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:38:17 PM

With everyday trading i have lost more than in investment
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:57:43 PM

I prefer day trading, because I try to be productive every day. but sometimes I am also holding if I think these coins have a good future.

How do you do it, with the current market conditions.
no one is promising at the moment. and look at some dying altcoins.
all you have to do now is keep it until 2018.
just give suggestions.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:17:02 AM

Personally I can't do the day trading since I have a job well I just want to make more money so I set my selling price and buying price also though it's easy because you still need to analyze the market. I prefer holding when my target price is reachable that day, well I make money so not bad.
CryptoLD

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:19:17 AM

I know that, lost pretty much with leverages attracted by fast profit.
Holders always finish winners!
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:25:20 AM

I haven't really lay my hands on day trading myself but quite a number of people do it regularly but I feel its more pronounced in alt coins where you can easily move from btc to alt coin and vice versa or exchange sites that allows from btc to fiat and vice versa. I personally feel its going to be a stressful enterprise of having to double check your decision every time and several times in a day. It does not worth it at all couple with the fees that could erode the intended profit.

I would prefer to hold for a period of time say 2 weeks which within a lot of ups and down might have been witnessed in other to set an average expectations the moment the expectation is met, I am sell to wait for another day to enter the market and start the process all over again.
I think day trading is not such an easy job for becoming a day trader you need a lot of experience in day trading. Day trading also need you be a quick decision taker, because in day trading you will take decision in seconds and if you will delay while taking the decision, then it can really create problem for you and can make cause a big lost of your.
And perhaps that is the reason why day trading is not much prescribed. Most if the peoples have to face some serious losses in day trading and can never achieve a good success in trading. Trading requires a lot of research along with a good patience. If you are not willing to wait then simply it is profitable to stay far from trading as panic sell always leads to loss.

Day trading may be sometimes use full and can also give profit in low time but still it wont be prescribed to a new trader entering the cryptos world as the profits in day trading will be much more lower than the risk we take. Always try calculating the profit we will get by taking sudden risk. Always only take risk if you find that it would be profitable or else try staying away from it.
ciprimw

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:34:19 AM

if you dont want stres on your mind hold. but if you want to gain some more profit start trading but first learn a few things about it, at list how to interpret graphics.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:13:19 PM

Obviously holding is the best option than trading. In trading, it is unpredictable that you will be profitable or not. There is also chance to loss huge amount of your capital by trading. On the other hand, holding give you a chance to increase your capital.
yeah for me as well the holding is the best thing to do with then bitcoin because the value and the price of the bitcoin is increasing more and more so I think it is good to hold the bitcoin for the long time and be with the bitcoin so you will be able to hold if you are having the huge patience and the stamina for the bitcoin to hold for the long time and when you will sell the price will be more than double.

dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:29:41 PM

As many I also found Holding to be well rewarding in reasonable time at the moment. While trading is also a good source of income in too short time, but the risk is well beyond my limits most of the time. But I do like to trade when I get sure about market movements which will led to profit.
Trading is much more enjoyable as it gives good return in short time if done accurately.
sonic22

Activity: 144
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:52:56 PM

Day trading is fine with me occasionally, when I feel like it. My nerves aren't made from steel and I don't want to be under that much stress every day. Spending it all on doctors later isn't worth it.
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:16:47 PM

Day trading is fine with me occasionally, when I feel like it. My nerves aren't made from steel and I don't want to be under that much stress every day. Spending it all on doctors later isn't worth it.

I agree with sonic here. Day trading is way too stressful to burn myself on it.

gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:33:26 PM

When I first started day trading crypto earlier this yeah in low 1k's for BTC and about 80-90 for ETH I started making ridiculous amounts of profit and fast! I was mostly using Kraken, which I wont even get into how shit that platform is but anyways as im sure most are aware the massive correction/dip/crash whatever you want to call it wiped out majority of the profit earned prior.

I was forced to learn the hard way that if I had just held those original investments, no leverage, no day trades I would have made 10x more in the long-term. How many of you have experienced this same thing over the last 8 months???

Interested to see the perspectives, specifically with alts...

Yes, you learned it and you're right in my opinion! Holding your coins you will higher profits and also you won't buy trading fees to exchanges. Just buy and hold and keep learning about cryptocoins. Making money in this world isn't easy (like anywhere else!) but can be extremely fast! No legit investment in the world can make you achieve so high profits in a so short period of time!

BlockGemini (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:27:53 PM

I agree, just look at what has happened in the last few days for the perfect example. With a decent amount of capital to deploy and ability for leverage if you have the stomach for it. A ton could have been made on BTC/USD and other pairs as well.

In saying that, I'm perfectly happy hodling and not being occupied 24/7 by up-ticks or down-ticks.
Rasel5209

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

now bitcoin price highly increase so alt coin price decrease. if you buy now alt coin don't get any profit can not increase your satoshi. so I tell this time for hold your btc and if you can buy alt coin and hold it for long time.

DEXSPORT
▄█████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
███████████▀▀  ██████████
████████▀     ████████████
███████      ▀▀███████████
████████▄▄       █████████
██████████▀    ▄██████████
█████████▀  ▄▄███████████
█████████▄▄█████████████
██████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀▀
First Web3...............
Betting Platform!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Sports
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
🎲
Games
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██████
    ███
  ██
  ██
██
██
██
██
  ██
  ██
    ███
      ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Play now
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
███████
████
████
██
██
██
██
████
████
███████
████████████
greatk

Activity: 175

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:10:28 PM

Day trading can be very stressful and time consuming. While day trading, you can also miss some opportunity by quick profit taking.

Hodll

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:26:04 PM

You should utilized the power of the internet to our advantage and there are even more technologies, tools, apps, programs and including this forum to help you gain insight and make trading even easier.
emalithcrypto

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

I`m still new to crypto. so I still do not have good knowledge about analyse the crypto market.I lost about $50 in day trading. because I still new to this. HODLING is a good thing that newbie also can do. until learning the analyse you can do  HOLD. it will be work you. this is a just idea of me. Wink Wink

cryptolit

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 08:44:55 PM

Depending on how good (or lucky) you are with trading it can level out. Wins & losses with trading vs. hopefully just growth holding.
karasuri

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:47:18 PM

I'll go for Day Trading. If everyday you earn 3%-4% then in 1 month you can double your capital. While hodling can earn you good profits too but, you are limited to how much the profit you can earn from a particular investment. Hodling is less risky while day trading is risky because the tide may turn against you and suffer a loss. The problem with day trading is if you dont stick to the plan to Sell at a particular price.

why not to doing both of that?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: