Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading or HODLING  (Read 1876 times)
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:05:38 AM

At present, the market is not suitable for day-trading and it is for experienced traders. It would be better to play safe and hold your coin for a year or so, it would be profitable for you.
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:34:44 AM

it seems that I prefer to always make trades to be able to always get a profit even though only a little but in my opinion it is quite enough to grow the capital that I have can be very expensive.
DJANAS

Activity: 219
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:03:23 AM

i am a day trader and i have account just for HODL

after 3 years of trading and HODL i found that HODL is much better than trading

But you have to know what is the perfect coin to HODL

For me , i would rather to HODL now especially we are in Bearish market
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:10:46 AM

Honestly, it is all depend on what you want. In fact, if you want a guarantee profit, especially in a long term (because there is a big dip in this period), then the only decision is the HODL all your budget in best profitable cryptocurrencies in the market (like, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Ripple, Cardano, Tron...), and if you want to take the risk, then you can choose the day trading, and in reality, I do not recommend it, because it is expected that this big crisis will continue and it will last for some period.
In addition to that, I think that appropriate decision during this period, is choosing the long term trading, especially in cyptocurrencies who has a large value of Market and weak price and it is certain that the best example of that is Ripple (XRP).
spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:16:07 AM

Day trading requires big concentration and time to learn information about investment objects. The best strategy for newcomers is to try buy low any cryptocurrency from top-50 and hold it to sell in high. If you want to trade into a day you will have to learn about technical and fundamental analysis. Because successful day trade is very difficult.
Gadhoh

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:19:20 AM

I experienced the same thing last year but my losses were not that large because I never used leverage. But those losses still hurt me because all the money I used for day trading was hard earned. After 6 months of losing, I came down to "buying the dips" as my main strategy, and it has worked very well for me since February, 2016.
means that if the situation is like this is time to hold your assets do not sell because the price is down if you can add more assets if you believe the end of the year prices will rise or recover and there you can get big profits.
Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:43:18 AM

At present prices of altcoin are falling, the two major coin in the market are ETh and BTC are the two coin the deepest decline, now is probably the best time to buy them.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:40:07 PM

So far,my experience it depends which coins you imvested,

But i prefer hodling alts tht has more potential,
I do scalping for sometimes for particular coins,
We need tp observe which coins is good for scalping and swing,
But for beginners it safe if you are a hodler.

I think that at this point you should only trade short-term by day and should not hold any coin at this point, you can see that bitcoin prices have been steadily decreasing in recent days and have dragged there. The price of altcoin fell sharply. The market is in the downtrend phase so bitcoin girls will be able to continue to fall sharply, keeping the coin you will only damage the heavier only.

Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:14:17 PM

When I first started day trading crypto earlier this yeah in low 1k's for BTC and about 80-90 for ETH I started making ridiculous amounts of profit and fast! I was mostly using Kraken, which I wont even get into how shit that platform is but anyways as im sure most are aware the massive correction/dip/crash whatever you want to call it wiped out majority of the profit earned prior.

I was forced to learn the hard way that if I had just held those original investments, no leverage, no day trades I would have made 10x more in the long-term. How many of you have experienced this same thing over the last 8 months???

Interested to see the perspectives, specifically with alts...

That depends on your goal. Hodling is a more passive approach in venturing in the cryptocurrency market as compared to day trading which is a more active but also more grueling because it needs to so much more things to check and to observe to determine which trades should be pursued. For me who has a full time job and other activities, I can't spend too much time checking on the market and how the coins are moving, which is a requirement to do when doing day trading. So, as much as I want to try day trading, I only do the passive approach which is hodling.
GideonGono

Activity: 2030
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 03:43:33 PM

I rather pick the holding than day trading , but both of this ways are profitable the only differences of this is how long you wait , or the patience , despite the differences of this two ways , hodling is much prefer for me than day trading , it's more profitable yet advisable mostly to the new at the bitcoin industry.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:11:41 AM

For 8 months I trade almost 300% of my profit, just imagine if you have 1 Bitcoin maybe your Bitcoin so there are 4.

But all of it is great patience, I always stoploss when the price drops in 5% for fear of falling deeper.
Note: I am trading in Bittrex, Binance and Kucoin.
5DChessMoves

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:35:50 AM

I am more of a HODLer but I still have some money on the side where I will try to make some day trades. Mostly buying legit coins at the daily low and sell at the daily high to make around 5%. If I make 1 trade per day I am happy.
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:00:11 AM

When I first started day trading crypto earlier this yeah in low 1k's for BTC and about 80-90 for ETH I started making ridiculous amounts of profit and fast! I was mostly using Kraken, which I wont even get into how shit that platform is but anyways as im sure most are aware the massive correction/dip/crash whatever you want to call it wiped out majority of the profit earned prior.

I was forced to learn the hard way that if I had just held those original investments, no leverage, no day trades I would have made 10x more in the long-term. How many of you have experienced this same thing over the last 8 months???

You can see that the market is constantly fluctuating and difficult to predict, bitcoin prices may be fluctuating and increasing in recent days, but the price of altcoin is currently not showing signs of significant improvement. So I think the bitcoin price will be able to drop sharply at any time.

I believe the current day trading is the best choice, hold high risk because if the bitcoin price drops you will suffer huge losses.
LooBaao

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:10:53 PM

On my own, I always choose long term trading, because day trading requires you to have in-depth knowledge of market trends, or know the trend of coins, so expect get profit.
capn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:55:19 PM

I think that we need to have a golden middle between that because trading without experience will cause you to lose everything and holding without a perspectives will lead us to the same results.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:17:12 AM

You can see that the market is fluctuating continuously, altcoin prices are falling sharply today and bitcoin prices are adjusting at $ 8200 level. Therefore, I believe that at this point you should only invest short and transaction day to be able to minimize the risk. The market is volatile and difficult to predict so always have a plan to minimize risk.
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:11:03 AM

I think you should trade the day and should not hold at this point, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and rising sharply in recent times, but today bitcoin prices have started to decline slightly. According to my analysis, the market is still in a bear market in the long run, so bitcoin prices may continue to drop sharply at any time so you should make short-term investments at this time.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:17:47 AM

You can still day tradr during the lows just to increase your holding. If you said you have earned a lot during the peak, if you can, take the risk and trade. If you do noy want to risk, just hold. The market is starting to recover.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:33:14 AM

In my own opinion, day trading is good if you know what you are doing and know how to predict prolices of commodities. You need to be a veteran to be able to achieve that and sometimes, it still does not go your way as a veteran. Holding is synonymous with long term investing. This makes you believe in the project you invested as you intend to make big profits over the long term by holding the tokens of the projects that you believe in
FreeEarnsActivist

Activity: 124
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:24:17 AM

As long as i did my fundamental analysis right, my long term trading always outmatched day trading just because i took way less risks there.

To be honest i think that day trading is way more like a lottery
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: