Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:49:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp Trailing Stop BUY Order Not Working  (Read 1230 times)
clarkkent1521 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:45:55 AM

Has anyone been successful placing a trailing stop order BUY on Bitstamp? It works fine when I try it on Bitcoin, but it does not work on Ether, Litecoin, or Ripple. When I set the order, it lists a trail of something like negative five thousand dollars ($-5,000).

Example: I place a trailing stop order buy for Ether. Ether is currently at $300. I set the stop order ("if price rises to") at $315 and check the "trailing stop" box. When I look in my Open Orders Tab, the trailing stop should be listed as $15, but instead its a large negative number like -5,000. So essentially I have a regular stop buy order with no trail.

Has anyone figured this out?
clarkkent1521 (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:32:58 PM

Nobody? Dang it.
Bitstamp-Domen

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:16:01 AM

Hi, have you opened a support ticket already? Please provide a screenshot of the issue as well. You may let me know the ticket number and I shall escalate it to our support department.
clarkkent1521 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:27:32 AM

Bitstamp-Domen, I've already started a ticket with an attached screenshot. I also messaged you the ticket number.
clarkkent1521 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:30:13 PM

Thanks to Bitstamp-Domen, they responded rather quickly. They said they tried it on their end and it works for them. I tried it again and again and it still doesn't work for Ether, Ripple, or Litecoin. I was hoping that someone on here besides me and Bitstamp themselves have tried to place a trailing stop BUY order and whether or not it has worked. I would like to know if its just me or if others are having the same problem. I like using the trailing stop function and Bitstamp is the only exchange I know that has this and Bitfinex is no longer serving US customers.
clarkkent1521 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:13:09 PM

I've figured out what's wrong. They use the current price of Bitcoin for all the other currency trade calculations. If I'm making a trade for Ether which is at $300 and I set the trigger price at $320, the trail should be $20. If Ether goes down to $290, my new trigger price should be $310. But Bitstamp is taking my trigger price of $320 and instead of subtracting the current Ether price, it is subtracting the current Bitcoin price ($6000) and I end up with a trail of negative $5700. I hope they can fix this soon, but first they have to respond to my support ticket.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:33:11 PM

You seem to be talking to yourself on this thread. Little to no input and interest from others here.

Good to read you found a solution. Issues like this are best raised with Bitstamp support directly. I admit it takes time to hear back from them but they are really the ones who can offer a more authoritative answer to your questions.

clarkkent1521 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:19:32 AM

I know. 98 reads and only 2 replies. I was just thinking that maybe no one uses Bitstamp or trailing stops, which I find interesting because trailing stops are an amazing feature that everyone should use. If anything, this thread will help with the confusion in the future for someone who encounters this problem. Hopefully Bitstamp will have fixed this error by then.
Mondeva

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:36:13 PM

Ey! it is November 10 and it is not fixed yet... the same thing has happened to me. I made a trailing stop buy order: spend 950 Euro to buy XRP, trigger price=0.18441 Euro when the actual price was 0.17500 at the moment of the order.
 Now, In my Open orders I see it with trailing stop value = -6799.8 Euro, which is totally wrong.
 This is very disappointing... I had moved from Kraken to Bitstamp because Kraken was a total mess and unresponsive, and now I am finding similar problems in Bitstamp.
 The worst thing is they have not fixed the error after al these days (I mean at least since this thread was created)
mariusmonkey

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:45:37 PM

Problem still persists. Anyone have some news from the developers?
Its more than shameful....
pabllo

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:02:29 PM

Thanks clarkkent1521 for this topic. I have same problem. Stop trail for SELL works perfect, but stop trai for BUY is broken - negative trail in order list.
Bitstamp developer, can you fix it? It doesnt work for long time...
Mondeva

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:59:02 PM

I have opened a ticket in my Bitstamp account about this bug, but I have got no response in two weeks. Very disappointing :-(
CryptoFredo

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:15:52 AM

Thanks for this topic. I was about to make a stop buy on ETH ... i guess you just saved me from a big headache !
Mondeva

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:14:11 AM

Ok, I made a BUY trailing stop order yesterday for 5 Ether and it worked well. Maybe they have solved this bug now?
 I haven't tried with other coins like XRP yet. Please if someone tries successfully let us know.
pabllo

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:59:18 PM

You´re right Mondeva. Just tried with LTC and XRP coins and it works well. Haleluja!
lobeznosp3

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:36:49 AM

Hi,

I have opened a tickect in bistamp from 8 days ago and nobody answer me. How much time take bitstamp support team to solve the tickets???
I need to solve my issue as soon as possible.

Regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: