Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:12:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is to crypto what Yahoo was to search engines.  (Read 253 times)
invitro (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:10:44 AM

It's sad that there's so much innovation in other cryptos while Bitcoin is the same it was 7 years ago.

Bitcoin's only merit is that it was the first.

We're still waiting for Google to come.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:13:50 AM

of course there is a lot of innovation in other altcoins. sometimes even such good ones.

but tell me this, which one of these so called "innovative" altcoins have achieved anything so far? show me a shop in real world that accepts these alt-coins if you can find any!
you see, a feature that looks good doesn't have to be useful. and so far it has been proven.

Only Bitcoin
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:20:46 AM

of course there is a lot of innovation in other altcoins. sometimes even such good ones.

but tell me this, which one of these so called "innovative" altcoins have achieved anything so far? show me a shop in real world that accepts these alt-coins if you can find any!
you see, a feature that looks good doesn't have to be useful. and so far it has been proven.

The thing is, though, cryptocurrencies as a whole hasn't reached the general populace yet. They're barely even being used as a currency. At the moment, majority of the people who are trying to get into the cryptocurrency game are getting into it thanks to the tremendous money making potential. This means that the underlying technology is secondary to them, for as long as they are able to put themselves in the best position to earn. This is mostly why Bitcoin is still far and away the most popular cryptocurrency, even though there are already technologically superior ones in the market. Once people actually start looking to use these as true currencies, factors such as full anonymity, fast transactions, affordable transaction fees, etc. are going to take the foreground.

That being said, I don't think the crypto that can take on Bitcoin has been created yet. Bitcoin is king and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:41:23 AM

Blockchain tech is still in its infancy. With all the infighting in the Bitcoin ecosystem. I don't see a bright future for bitcoin. By that I don't mean it will cease to exist but I don't think it will always be no1. But I do think it will go down as the coin that opened the door. For that reason, it will always have a soft spot in my heart :-)
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:43:00 AM

Blockchain tech is still in its infancy. With all the infighting in the Bitcoin ecosystem. I don't see a bright future for bitcoin. By that I don't mean it will cease to exist but I don't think it will always be no1. But I do think it will go down as the coin that opened the door. For that reason, it will always have a soft spot in my heart :-)

I think Bitcoin will basically be the gold of the cryptocurrency industry. It can retain its purpose as a storage of value. Others can be faster, leaner, and meaner, but Bitcoin will always be more valuable.
Cloud27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:16:54 PM

Bitcoin is in the field of technology, there is no possibility that it will stay on top in this field. Remember what happened to IBM, Apple and Microsoft. Also, if anyone can search what happened also in Pager, then become cellular phone. How about Nokia followed by many alternative phones, then came the Iphone. Maybe we need another visionary mind like of Steve Jobs. We have many improve altcoin, but they are lacking something. Something to revolutionize the crypto currency.
invitro (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:13:33 AM

Agree.

What bitcoin does, every other coin can
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:37:17 AM

It's sad that there's so much innovation in other cryptos while Bitcoin is the same it was 7 years ago.

Yes, there are altcoins available in the market which are better than bitcoin in technological aspects. Like ETH offers near instant transactions with low fees. IOTA offers instant transactions with no fees. However, bitcoin is not just regarded as the first crypto currency to facilitate only transactions. Bitcoin is a great investment asset where people invest their hard earned money to get a better return than any other conventional investment.

However, currently we have ETH as the closest contender of bitcoin. The market cap of ETH is second best after bitcoin even though price is very different than bitcoin. But it is not entirely impossible that some coin will replace bitcoin in future. The example you have used is right. We are still waiting for google. But ETH looks like a sleeping giant to me which could possibly become the next big thing.

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:51:39 AM

First of all, how can you say that bitcoin is the same as it was in 2009? In fact, it has gone so far. Its first recorded price in exchanges and market is $0.06 way back in year 2010. People at that time didn't even give importance to it, and used it like it was just nothing. According to stories, a man once bought 5,000 BTC at $27.00 while other man bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC. That's weird to know especially that bitcoin has been different today. In a span of 7 years, bitcoin price has grew by 9,170,000%.

Secondly, it is not fair to compare bitcoin with Yahoo in terms of its fate. Bitcoin is a success, in my opinion. I understand how Yahoo failed when it was sold at a lower price a few years after it was offered by a company with a higher price. Bitcoin, in my opinion, is of the opposite case. The losers in the case of bitcoin are those people who bought BTC in 2010 and sold it a lower price, not knowing that its price will still grow to a massive percentage. For me, bitcoin is the Google of the cryptocurrency.
Delicat

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:56:30 AM

can't really link bitcoin to Yahoo. if you are comparing to Alts, then Bitcoin served as a different purpose. there is a reason that the value has increased so much in the past few years.
cryptohome

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 04:57:42 AM

Why not Google which is the mother of all search engines same way as bitcoin for all other Alts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: